U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 11:43 PM

287 posts, read 251,811 times

Advertisements

Pakistan
India
Afghanistan
Bangladesh
Iran

South Asia as a whole has to be the most family oriented place in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:15 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,409,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Define family oriented? My girlfriend spends every spare moment she has with her child, but she works but so do most people. How can you say certain countries are more family oriented than others, I don't get it. Most families I know spend most nights after work/school together then the whole weekend, what is more family oriented than that?
I don't know what the OP meant to be me it means connection to external family. All parents spend as much time and energy on their kids and most kids look after their parents to best of their ability. The love is universal. But the family oriented structure breaks when we move few steps away. How in touch are adult siblings after parents die? How many kids grow up always knowing their aunt/uncles/cousins? What about 2nd cousins or 3rd cousins.... Do these people have strong bond to extended family

Any country where people move around a lot for job, like in USA, it is tough to keep in touch with extended family. When you have limited vacation and family all throughout the country, how do you make time? Vs. when entire family/extended family live next door because your generation has always lived there, it makes it easier. Your neighbors are your 3rd cousins, makes it easier to be family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or