U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-31-2012, 05:51 PM
 
9,350 posts, read 7,048,943 times
Reputation: 5543
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
even for the punter , where is the thrill of the chase , sure thats three quaters of the fun
You ever had doubles before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-31-2012, 06:20 PM
 
Location: New York
1,339 posts, read 1,168,629 times
Reputation: 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Did your friends do that because they felt obligated, or because they genuinely liked the guy and knew him fairly well at that point?

Men don't have to spend a dime to have sex with women. They just have to be nice guys and go on some pleasant dates, or hang around with her at their friends' house, just get to know the woman, and hope she likes them. If she really likes the guy, it'll happen. You don't have to "buy" it. True romance doesn't have to cost anything. But I have the feeling that a lot of people here don't know what romance is.
TBH not entirely sure. I've just had conversations where they feel like the guy has treated them well and if they don't put out he will move on. This is mostly with a couple of friends who are late 30's and early 40's and divorced. maybe they are unsure of themselves and feel that this will seal the deal. I suggested having sex as soon as possible and then ditching them if they were bad in bed but thats another story....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2012, 07:05 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,693 posts, read 15,396,441 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Did your friends do that because they felt obligated, or because they genuinely liked the guy and knew him fairly well at that point?

Men don't have to spend a dime to have sex with women. They just have to be nice guys and go on some pleasant dates, or hang around with her at their friends' house, just get to know the woman, and hope she likes them. If she really likes the guy, it'll happen. You don't have to "buy" it. True romance doesn't have to cost anything. But I have the feeling that a lot of people here don't know what romance is.
Obviously a lot of men don't have to 'buy' their way into a woman's 'gate' with a toll, but some women do, in some way use sex for material gain without really loving the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2012, 07:27 PM
 
Location: State of Relaxation
28,284 posts, read 14,042,766 times
Reputation: 19161
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswife View Post
TBH not entirely sure. I've just had conversations where they feel like the guy has treated them well and if they don't put out he will move on. This is mostly with a couple of friends who are late 30's and early 40's and divorced. maybe they are unsure of themselves and feel that this will seal the deal. I suggested having sex as soon as possible and then ditching them if they were bad in bed but thats another story....
haha! I agree with you that guys who are bad in bed should get ditched immediately! There's no reason to put up with someone who's inconsiderate. But women have no obligation to provide sex just because someone's paid for dinner. It's better to pay for one's own dinner, if that's the expectation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,693 posts, read 15,396,441 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
haha! I agree with you that guys who are bad in bed should get ditched immediately! There's no reason to put up with someone who's inconsiderate. But women have no obligation to provide sex just because someone's paid for dinner. It's better to pay for one's own dinner, if that's the expectation.
Eat you that steak, girl, you're gonna need the energy...in BED...when I make you sweat! Yee haw!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2012, 01:09 AM
 
Location: From San Diego now Hockenheim Germany
900 posts, read 507,598 times
Reputation: 1475
When my car is broken everyone says “go to a professional.”
When I have a health issue everyone says “go to a professional.”
Just saying.....


The women I know here in Germany would not want their SO going to the brothel but know that most men have gone at some time in their life and do not have a problem with this. People go for lots of reasons for some it is a quick relief, some have no time for a relationship, some lack the social skills, others have a partner who they love but sexually need more than that partner can provide. Having an affair means getting involved and may cost you your relationship, going to a brothel is much safer.

The legal brothels are for the most part clean and safe. The girls are regularly checked for diseases and practice safe sex strictly. For the most part the girls not being forced into prostitution and are paying taxes and everything else like any other job. Yes there are some seedier places where this all may not apply but on the whole legal brothels are a much better than say how it is in places where it is illegal.

If prostitution is outlawed than only outlaws will have hookers....or something like that :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2014, 02:47 PM
 
Location: SE UK
2,169 posts, read 1,172,692 times
Reputation: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
They might've done so when they were younger, or just a few times, and let's say they didn't catch anything from these women. They've put those days behind them.

How would most average women in your country view such a man? Would they generally be forgiving/understanding? Of course it depends on personality/religion.etc.

It seems there are many American women who wouldn't even a consider a man who had been to a hooker once. Is this the case in your experience? Yet these women still fawn over men who have been with dozens of women, even if he 'bought his way' into their pants with drinks or money or whatever.

Here prostitution is legal but not exactly tolerated either...plenty of men from all walks visit them (many married and no single, which of course I do not condone), but like the US there is definitely some stigma.

Is there a lot less stigma in Europe? Not that I'm planning on whoring it up, I'm watching a programme about the legality of prostitution and it just got me thinking.

In places like Thailand I hear it's a 'rite of passage' for men to lose their virginity in brothels. While I do not see this as admirable, I imagine when it comes to settle down, most women just accept it as part of their culture. I hear in Japan many wives even accept that their husbands might need a 'comfort woman' now and then aside from her, for whatever reason, although I'm sure this attitude isn't as widespread as some believe.

I mean on the flip-side, maybe it's partly justified since how many men would accept a woman who was a prostitute for a serious relationship? Even if it was well in the past?
Don't worry, you will be OK, just don't tell them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top