Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 11:04 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,533,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Correct. But nobody really does it. You never see topless women on a regular beach in Canada. (Unless it's a specifically nude beach, which tend to be rare and semi-secluded.) Much less on the streets or in a city park.
Not true in Vancouver. You do see women going topless regularily at Third Beach in Stanley Park. It's not a nude beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 12:00 PM

990 posts, read 878,639 times
In Brazil just in carnival parade all is permitted. Topless is not allowed even on the normal beaches.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:10 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,457,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Oh definetly. We're, like, terrified of enraging minorities and will allow them to reshape our perception and culture as they please.

I'm wearing a hijab right now because a muslim man told me I was being too provocative for his comfort or something like that, I dunno.

"When Muslim teenage boys go to open air swimming pools, they are overwhelmed when they see girls in bikinis. These boys, who come from a culture where for women it is frowned upon to show naked skin, will follow girls and bother them without their realizing it. Naturally, this generates fear."

Asylbewerberheim: "Miniröcke könnten zu Missverständnissen führen" - DIE WELT

Old 10-20-2015, 05:13 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
"When Muslim teenage boys go to open air swimming pools, they are overwhelmed when they see girls in bikinis. These boys, who come from a culture where for women it is frowned upon to show naked skin, will follow girls and bother them without their realizing it. Naturally, this generates fear."

Asylbewerberheim: "Miniröcke könnten zu Missverständnissen führen" - DIE WELT

Hold on a second while I check a map of Europe real quick...

****, you're right. We should be very afraid...

In all seriousness: Pöcking isn't all of Europe. Germany isn't all of Europe.
We deal with cultural differences and the problems brough by them in different ways.

P.S.: I often hear about how Muslims are bad at controlling themselves but the one's I come across barely even glance at women.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:55 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,363,735 times
I think people are more modest now in public than they were 20 years ago. People also seem to "dress up" more before they leave the house or go downtown in cities. I don't know why, just a trend I've noticed. When I was younger, there were more young men walking around shirtless in the Summer. There were more younger women wearing cut-off shorts in the city, going braless, etc.

There are nude beaches around, but many of them are out in the country, at lakes, along coastlines, near thick forest areas. There's no one else around to be bothered by it. And if they are bothered by it, they know enough to just not go to those particular beaches.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:06 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,013,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
I think people are more modest now in public than they were 20 years ago. People also seem to "dress up" more before they leave the house or go downtown in cities. I don't know why, just a trend I've noticed. When I was younger, there were more young men walking around shirtless in the Summer. There were more younger women wearing cut-off shorts in the city, going braless, etc.

There are nude beaches around, but many of them are out in the country, at lakes, along coastlines, near thick forest areas. There's no one else around to be bothered by it. And if they are bothered by it, they know enough to just not go to those particular beaches.
This mainly applies to Canada/North America?

Old 10-20-2015, 07:07 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,363,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
This mainly applies to Canada/North America?
I can't speak for Zimbabwe.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:21 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,013,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
I can't speak for Zimbabwe.
?? I was only asking whether your statement mainly applies to just North America.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:48 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,457,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Hold on a second while I check a map of Europe real quick...

****, you're right. We should be very afraid...

In all seriousness: Pöcking isn't all of Europe. Germany isn't all of Europe.
We deal with cultural differences and the problems brough by them in different ways.

P.S.: I often hear about how Muslims are bad at controlling themselves but the one's I come across barely even glance at women.
Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out

Commentor:

"On the German side of my family, for example, I am the only one who doesn´t want to help these "poor people" and who is considered "extreme" for not appreciating the "fantastic food" in the Turkish neighborhood. One of my uncles is looking after a Syrian "mathematician" now, who is supposed to be "just formidable and such a great guy". And the male foodie that married my cousin furiously yelled at me that I wanted to "let them die at the border".
My mother reported similar things about her women friends.
The only thing that bugged them a little was that the Syrian ladies got into the pool of the local spa (in which you´re supposed to be nude) fully dressed and that their rags were floating everywhere. They showed their displeasure by getting out of the water."

The whole Sauna Spa culture in Europe could very will be extinct within a decade.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:34 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,341,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out

Commentor:

"On the German side of my family, for example, I am the only one who doesn´t want to help these "poor people" and who is considered "extreme" for not appreciating the "fantastic food" in the Turkish neighborhood. One of my uncles is looking after a Syrian "mathematician" now, who is supposed to be "just formidable and such a great guy". And the male foodie that married my cousin furiously yelled at me that I wanted to "let them die at the border".
My mother reported similar things about her women friends.
The only thing that bugged them a little was that the Syrian ladies got into the pool of the local spa (in which you´re supposed to be nude) fully dressed and that their rags were floating everywhere. They showed their displeasure by getting out of the water."

The whole Sauna Spa culture in Europe could very will be extinct within a decade.
The founder of the publication you are quoting from seems to be a true capacity in that field

Quote:
Richard Bertrand Spencer (born May 11, 1978) is an American writer, publisher, and activist known for promoting white supremacist views. He is president of The National Policy Institute, a white nationalist think-tank, and Washington Summit Publishers, an independent publishing firm. Both institutions have issued studies of culture, society, nationalism, eugenics, and the study of race and intelligence.

Spencer advocates for an Aryan homeland for a "dispossessed white race" and calls for “peaceful ethnic cleansing” to halt the “deconstruction” of European culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World