U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: where is better to live overall experience
stockholm sweden 11 47.83%
gothernberg sweden 8 34.78%
california usa 11 47.83%
new york usa 6 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 11:33 AM

11,352 posts, read 16,526,274 times

Advertisements

Sweden is so much more open minded and laid back in my opinion. If you like Sweden, Stockholm is the city to live in if you are a city person. Göteborg is just too small. You can't compare neither to NYC.
California is also very different from the life styles in Stockholm and Göteborg.

I guess it all depends on what you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 03:14 PM

313 posts, read 476,671 times
California/New York is TOTALLT different than any city in Sweden.

California is same size as Sweden and offer totally different lifestyle, climate, different country, different landcape, different language, different culture, etc.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:04 PM

17 posts, read 38,283 times
o.k saying it in another way.. im not planning on working at all.. we're multi-millionaires.. private healthcare private schools etc is how were doing it. i'm going both places sweden and cali with one permanent place

Old 06-30-2012, 01:30 AM

22,364 posts, read 64,326,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behave View Post
o.k saying it in another way.. im not planning on working at all.. we're multi-millionaires.. private healthcare private schools etc is how were doing it. i'm going both places sweden and cali with one permanent place
If you are multi-millionaires you can come over and take a look yourself.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:15 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,269,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara Ray View Post
The country of Sweden is about the size of California, but Cali has better weather, is more diverse, and laid back atmosphere. While California is pricey for a lot of Americans to live, it is still less expensive than most of Europe.
Better weather, less expensive, more diverse? That's a matter of opinion. There are a LOT of things in the US that are more expensive than Europe, particularly healthcare, mobile phone contracts and fresh food. The US is good if you're wealthy or upper middle class, otherwise I would rather be in Sweden or Denmark for that matter. I also prefer the northern European climate to pretty much every climate on earth, though I understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

As for diversity, Sweden is a pretty diverse country. Just look at their football team as an example - Zlatan Ibrahinovic (their most famous world class player) is 1/2 Croatian and 1/2 Bosnian. Sweden has taken in many recent immigrants from Iraq, for example.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:50 AM

4,938 posts, read 5,324,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
California/New York is TOTALLT different than any city in Sweden.

California is same size as Sweden and offer totally different lifestyle, climate, different country, different landcape, different language, different culture, etc.
So you have to write in bold? Too bad you cannot increase the font size, too.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:32 AM

17 posts, read 38,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
If you are multi-millionaires you can come over and take a look yourself.
lol i will soon... just need to know what in front of me

Old 06-30-2012, 02:50 PM

22,176 posts, read 21,693,703 times
I sure hope Gothenburg and Stockholm are nothing like California.. otherwise I will be cancelling my trip to Sweden pronto.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:50 PM

313 posts, read 476,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I sure hope Gothenburg and Stockholm are nothing like California.. otherwise I will be cancelling my trip to Sweden pronto.
Have you been to California? It's the most diverse and beautiful place on Earth.
I wish Sweden looked and offered what California did.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:52 PM

22,176 posts, read 21,693,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
Have you been to California? It's the most diverse and beautiful place on Earth.
I wish Sweden looked and offered what California did.
I haven't been to California and I certainly don't want to. Nothing there could possibly interest me at all, and I certainly don't want a lovely country like Sweden to become a tacky California, a state for tourists and not for residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World