Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 08:02 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,790,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Toronto could possibly be the most famous city in the world that people are familiar with its streets and urban landscape not at all knowing what city it is. Reason why is that TONS of Hollywood films and U.S shows are filmed in the city but take place in the U.S..

Here is a trailer to the F Word one of the few movies filmed in Toronto by Hollywood that actually takes place in Toronto..

[youtube]Bnz3eL0SXPs[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnz3eL0SXPs[/url]
Nice! The other movie I mentioned came to mind because I remember when I was watching it, I kept thinking that I needed to know what beautiful place the movie was filmed in. So, I looked it up and it has been in my head ever since!

Old 05-10-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
You should, it's a cool place. Let us know if you do.
I will!

Old 05-10-2016, 08:37 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Call me crazy but i'd love to drive from Melbourne to Adelaide to Darwin with a stopover in Uluru to see the Rock.. Don't know why but I just want to do that drive - its calling me!
lol. The only crazy part is Adelaide.... Just kidding! The drive from Melbourne across to South Australia is beautiful

Old 05-11-2016, 09:02 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,766,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Based on 5 criteria:

1. Urban landscape (how interesting it is to explore)

2. Entertainment (or lack of)

2. Natural environment (interest, scenery, diversity)

3. Things you can do

4. Physical location (isolation, proximity to other places)

I'm talking MAJOR cities. I can't rank them, but my five most boring cities in the developed world (N.America, W.Europe, Aus, NZ, Japan, SK, Sing) would be:

Perth, Australia - Super isolated, relatively drab natural scenery lacking in variety, boring scenery, conservative vibe, extremely suburban, parochial.

Adelaide, Australia

Winnipeg, Canada

Omaha, Nebraska, US

Columbus, Ohio, US

edit: yeah I should add Oslo too. Dullest city in Europe although Norway has nice scenery.
1. Adelaide is not as boring as it sounds. I had fun there actually.
2. You said major cities. Omaha and Columbus are not major cities.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:11 AM

400 posts, read 422,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indira89 View Post
Because its boring!!!

It's a highly suburban city in north america, another place dotted with shopping malls, poor public transportation, highways, cookie cutter suburbias

GOOGLE TORONTO IS BORING.... 11,200,000 results!!!

Notice on the video how few people on the streets.... mostly cars and big roads for cars!!!

North America is lame.... You cannot compare it to european cities, south american cities, asian cities where the cities are meant for people, not cars.

I couldn't care less about those two mezzo-american mayans cussing me out (rosa surf and urban luis).... you couldn't pay me enough to live in a place like toronto where the only thing to do is go to the shopping malls and watch hockey!
That many, eh?

I'm with you, indira89. Bear in mind that most people come here to make a living and to raise a family, so whatever excitement they might find here is beside the point to them. People who move here usually also bring along with them a ready-made group of friends and family with whom they socialize, so again the general social atmosphere of 'fun' aspect is just not too relevant to a large part of the population here.

I get a sense that the powers-that-be in the city are starting to realize that they've got to step up their game and provide more of an exciting experience for the residents here. Competition for talent is brutal out there in the wider world, so just offering a 'safe and functional'but boring city ain't going to cut it anymore.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:07 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
- Bogota
Zzzzzzzz booring modernist slum with bureaucrats

- Medellin
ZZzzzzzzz boooring brutalist parkless drug war zone

- Cali
Zzzzzzzzz boooring

- Houston

- Charleroi

Old 05-11-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
- Bogota
Zzzzzzzz booring modernist slum with bureaucrats

- Medellin
ZZzzzzzzz boooring brutalist parkless drug war zone

- Cali
Zzzzzzzzz boooring

- Houston

- Charleroi

Old 05-11-2016, 01:11 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
I've never been to Toronto, but the cityscape doesn't look bad. I'm not sure why it gets so much negative attention.

That video really doesn't show the best parts of Toronto, and does make it look a bit sterile when it is really not.
As others have said, Toronto is filled with great neighbourhoods and lots to do. Safe, clean and fun.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:29 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
lol. The only crazy part is Adelaide.... Just kidding! The drive from Melbourne across to South Australia is beautiful
Yeah I mean i'd have to do a lot more research and my Australia trip isn't in the near future, but when I do go there I want to make the most out of my time, especially after 20 hours on planes each way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Nice! The other movie I mentioned came to mind because I remember when I was watching it, I kept thinking that I needed to know what beautiful place the movie was filmed in. So, I looked it up and it has been in my head ever since!
Well by all means Rosa if you do come post in the Toronto forum of C/D to get some advise on the best places to visit and most interesting experiences. We'll be sure to steer you clear of the more sterile areas

Old 05-11-2016, 07:47 PM

537 posts, read 445,682 times
In California or United States: Orange County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World