Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 11:39 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,438,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker Freesia View Post
* I think that 75% of the World population does not like USA (the government) but we all drink Coca Cola and use IPhones and we are all watching the stupid Hollywood movies

andrejus; So, you stated all Slovenia's drink Coca-cola, use IPhones, and everyone watches stupid Hollywood movies. SWEET, that's great for American business. Now my question to you if all Slovinia's are watching stupid Hollywood Movies, are you all such prisoners that you have no control over the television channel??? Is there absolutely nothing else showing on your television screen?? [/quote]

Watching Hollywood movies does not equal "loving American culture".

Just because I stop to watch a train wreck does not mean I want to be in one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Why do people in the East drink Coca Cola? Why does ANYONE drink Coca Cola? Powerful marketing? Perceived trendiness? A relative of mine in Russia told me back in the Soviet period when the US organized annual exhibitions on different aspects of American culture, people lined up to try Coca Cola that was handed out in little sample cups. Of course curiosity and anticipation were high, but when when some people tasted it, they spat it out it was so awful. How did people suddenly get brainwashed into thinking it was tasty after the fall of the Soviet regime? Russia produced wonderful soft drinks of its own made of all natural ingredients, called "Limonad" (lemonade, except it's carbonated, and comes in a variety of subtle flavors). I can tall you after bringing bottles of it back to friends in Sweden as well as the US, that this product was FAR more popular than Coca Cola! I really think Russia lost an opportunity to expand production of this product and export it. Sadly, the opposite has happened, and there is only one factory left that produces it.

Russia has failed to capitalize on a number of foreign export opportunities of their food products, due mainly, I suppose, not only to a lack of vision and perhaps a lack of valuing their own products, but also due to a weak economic situation, with the exception of the oil boom years. Anyone who has ever eaten Russian ice cream, for example, can no longer stomach American iced guar gum and whey solids, which pass for ice cream. Russian ice cream is an incredible luxury, being made of pure cream, and not being aerated to dilute the product. There are many similar marketing and export opportunities of Russian products that unfortunately never make it beyond Russia's borders to a global consumer public.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:11 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,005 times
whoops,

Old 04-07-2014, 11:37 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,968 times
Default What are the most Pro-American Countries?

I saw there was a thread for which countries were Anti-American, but which countries LOVE the USA? Criteria could include government, culture, and society/people in general.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:26 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
South Korea, The Philippines

Old 04-08-2014, 12:43 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Don't have any idea at all. Maybe something like Costa Rica?

Old 04-08-2014, 01:31 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Israel, India, South Korea, Taiwan, Philippines, Singapore, Australia

Old 04-08-2014, 05:48 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,825,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Israel, India, South Korea, Taiwan, Philippines, Singapore, Australia
I agree indeed Singapore is high up on the list of America friendly countries..No doubt...

Old 04-08-2014, 05:51 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Canada, UK, Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Scandinavia, Mexico and Israel.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:10 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I've had great experiences basically everywhere I've traveled (except for Austria, which is weird, but I've been there repeatedly and I repeatedly find many people there to be pretty rude). South Koreans and Japanese are very friendly, especially South Koreans. I know people may not believe this, but I found Germans to be very receptive to Americans on a one on one basis. Eastern Germans in particular.

Believe it or not, the friendliest interactions I've had with people in other countries has been in the UK. And my husband says that the Scottish are even friendlier (I haven't been there but he lived there for six months).

Belgians are reserved generally speaking but are very polite and helpful. I couldn't tell you how they actually FEEL about Americans though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World