U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Who in your experience are more shallow in terms of how they view others?
Americans 52 73.24%
Western Europeans 19 26.76%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 06:49 AM

2,737 posts, read 1,781,718 times

Advertisements

That is the American culture is the many different cultures. The affiliation of an individual to a certain culture depends on social class, political orientation, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation. The interesting feature of American culture is that the Americans are trying to withstand the distance between themselves and their partners in the communication. This distance depends on the person with whom they communicate. I completely agree with erasure. (I wouldn't put it this way - "Americans vs. Europeans," but American culture in general is definitely more shallow than European culture. American culture is BUILT on money-making and "marketing") The majority of American citizens consider themselves religious. 98% of Americans believe in God,This is so?
American civilization began with the XYII century, when he became the project of the Western European expansion. It should be borne in mind the important fact that in North America this project came from a Puritan the concept of strict ascetic ethics. Not accidentally, the researchers among all sources of influence on the formation of the American culture highlights of Puritanism, for nine-tenths of having a British the roots.the Foundation of the American culture was founded in the colonial period, and he has not changed fundamentally since that time, despite the subsequent " many-language invasion" of emigrants. This confirms a serious study of the modern scientist E. Урбанского the Hispano-America and its civilization. The Spanish-Americans and the Anglo-Americans", which provides comparative characteristics of the Latin American and Anglo-American civilizations.On the other hand, I'm not an expert in American culture, and you think more is known about it.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:05 AM

1,626 posts, read 422,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
98% of Americans believe in God,This is so?
Absolutely not. But they are still insanely religious.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:45 AM

2,737 posts, read 1,781,718 times
I think faith must be on the inside, and not dependent on existents on Sunday in the churches for the show. In America many Catholics, so that the tourists will be interesting to visit in Irkutsk There are Catholic Church is Catholic style in buildings. More than a hundred years ago Irkutsk was called «the Siberian city of Paris». And today Irkutsk retains its special charm. It is the Only town in Siberia, with urban character As England. If someone is interesting photo is in my profile.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:44 AM

218 posts, read 222,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
98% of Americans believe in God
Actually, nowadays about 15% of Americans consider themselves atheists.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:03 PM

32,800 posts, read 18,697,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesBorda View Post
since you guys are well traveled, I would hope you know

lets say you were to pick out of 300 million Americans and the hundreds and millions of Western Europeans, collect 100 people from both groups, which of the two groups would generally have the more shallow, superficial, and materialistic people?
I wasn't aware that Western European" was a single nationality that could be lumped together in one generality. :-/

Not that Americans can, either...

Old 07-27-2012, 12:08 PM

308 posts, read 329,622 times
Americans are more spoiled and less culturally sophisticated, but not more shallow.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:24 PM

3,629 posts, read 3,459,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imokay View Post
Actually, nowadays about 15% of Americans consider themselves atheists.
Not exactly.

Only like 1-2% of Americans identify as Atheist or agnostic outright. The 15% is for Americans who identify as being "without religion", many of those people believe in god or a vague higher power, even if they don't identify with a religious sect.

Irreligion in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-27-2012, 05:35 PM

14,883 posts, read 8,715,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
translation = hideous looking, bad dental care
And you wonder why Americans have such a negative reputation all over the world.. well done, buddy, keep doing your countrymen proud.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:02 PM

12,411 posts, read 7,499,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
And you wonder why Americans have such a negative reputation all over the world.. well done, buddy, keep doing your countrymen proud.
*in my british accent* Awe, whats wrong mate? mum didnt give you your tea and crumpets today?

Lol, we're just playing around with you man, no hard feelings

Old 07-27-2012, 06:12 PM

14,883 posts, read 8,715,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
*in my british accent* Awe, whats wrong mate? mum didnt give you your tea and crumpets today?

Lol, we're just playing around with you man, no hard feelings
I know when people are playing around, and when people are genuinely being ignorant. Sadly, the latter is more prevalent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World