Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 03:50 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,990,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Yes, at least if you are gay, the Gay Area
Yeah the SF Bay Area is a wonderful place for gay folks. A strong 15% gay, lesbian, metro, bi, and trans population. Know who its better for? Straights because we make up 85% of the areas total population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
scrantix, you win on EVERYTHING.

Can we just give scrantix a "champion on EVERYTHING" trophy.

Years ago, in a funny tv show from argentina, there was this man "the champion of the world". That was his title. Champion of what? Everything. He was like scrantix.
Yeah! Well I'm honored, really, and this was a cute little tidbit but I'm sorry I have to decline on any trophies for "champion of everything" because quite frankly that doesn't best describe me.

Thanks for the support though! Even though I know you were being sarcastic. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
US is #1 cause scrantix lives there.
Thanks for being my #1 fan, guy! Appreciate it muchos.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAXTOR View Post
Unrelated but how do you pronounce scrantiX? What's the annunciation and definition?
Pronunciation- Scrannicks

Definition- City Data's most dynamic personality by a longshot
Quote:
I agree though that the US is the most important but there are so many great countries in this world.
I know you agree, it would be factually dishonest for you to not. The US is a beast, its a behemoth that runs this world, its the worlds forefront country. It's us, our little brother Canada, our young cousin Australia, and our rivals China and we're team winning!
Quote:
scrantiX, you're always just so hyperactive. Where on Earth do you get this level of energy from?
Energy drink, coffee, and a super hyperactive imagination.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:04 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
G20 nations only, because lets face it, beyond the G20, you're just pushing your luck. You don't even have a chance.

What country comes the closest to competing with the US? Factor things like GDP, Media, nuclear capabilities, etc etc etc

G20 countries

I'm thinking China because its the real #2 country of the world and its only halfway to competing with the US. LOL
Wow scrantiX you broke the most important City-Data World forums rule!!

You are not suppose to say anything positive about the USA, instead look up every negative statistic you possible can.

But since you made a thread about the USA i'm sure this thread will get really popular since people here like to talk about us for some reason.

-------

Oh and to answer your question?

Argentina is actually pretty close if we are talking about scenery, they have almost everything, mountains, beach, snow, all that good stuff. China and Japan are cool but good luck finding diversity lol

Old 09-12-2012, 05:01 PM

886 posts, read 1,564,207 times
Quote:
Definition- City Data's most dynamic personality by a longshot..
Damn right about that. Couldn't agree more LOL.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:51 PM

679 posts, read 660,891 times
Military United States is unmatched. The Navy is arguably stronger than the rest of the world's navies combined. Technology is unmatched. China and Russia fanboys would tell you otherwise but if you actually have a grasp of military affairs most people know that China and Russia military tech is severely outdated.

USA giant economy is unmatched. China overall comes close but this might change with having to reform certain sectors. China also lacks the sticky power of attractive culture and industry that the USA has exported throughout the world.

To stay on topic I feel Germany is the country that comes closest to the United States soley for economic productivity. It could be a military power because it has the capacity but given the circumstances of the EU Germany has no interests in pursuing such goals. UK and France are simply hanging on to certain things such as nukes, only to hold onto their prestige. China has a building military with a large manpower force but it lacks the technology and the intangebles, such as standard of living, that comes with the western powers. China's navy is barely advanced enough to project any sort of power and same goes for their airforce. China also tends to isolate itself politically, while the USA is involved in many multilateral relations.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:02 PM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
Military United States is unmatched. The Navy is arguably stronger than the rest of the world's navies combined. Technology is unmatched. China and Russia fanboys would tell you otherwise but if you actually have a grasp of military affairs most people know that China and Russia military tech is severely outdated.

USA giant economy is unmatched. China overall comes close but this might change with having to reform certain sectors. China also lacks the sticky power of attractive culture and industry that the USA has exported throughout the world.

To stay on topic I feel Germany is the country that comes closest to the United States soley for economic productivity. It could be a military power because it has the capacity but given the circumstances of the EU Germany has no interests in pursuing such goals. UK and France are simply hanging on to certain things such as nukes, only to hold onto their prestige. China has a building military with a large manpower force but it lacks the technology and the intangebles, such as standard of living, that comes with the western powers. China's navy is barely advanced enough to project any sort of power and same goes for their airforce. China also tends to isolate itself politically, while the USA is involved in many multilateral relations.
I agree as far as military power is concerned. No country (or continent probably) comes close to matching the U.S. This may or may not be a good thing.

Does anyone disagree with this? If so, give your reasons.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I agree as far as military power is concerned. No country (or continent probably) comes close to matching the U.S.

Does anyone disagree with this? If so, give your reasons.
No one is touching the size of our economy either http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_GDP_(nominal)

So that's 2 in the bag for the US

Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 PM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
No one is touching the size of our economy either http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_GDP_(nominal)

So that's 2 in the bag for the US
As a country, yes. But Europe is functioning more and more like a unified entity. Europe's GDP is higher than that of North America. Its population is also higher. But I'd say these two continents are close to being matched.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
As a country, yes. But Europe is functioning more and more like a unified entity. Europe's GDP is higher than that of North America. Its population is also higher. But I'd say these two continents are close to being matched.
As a continent North America's economy is larger than the EU (slightly smaller than all of Europe though). Continent to continent comparisons are more notable of course Europe wins because its more established despite the sizes of their economies, North America is essentially what Europe was 70 years ago, we're seeing more unification with our North American brothers Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatemala, the Carribean places, etc and its only increased because of NAFTA. North America is functioning more and more as a unified entity by each passing day, and we out here in California especially see, more and more every single day. Our largest partners are Canada, Mexico, and China. The latter is well because of the competition between the two countries, the two former countries because they're our brothers, our economies are ever so tied and will always be. Our success is theirs, their success, we share in as well.

So yes, on an unorthodox comparison, Europe and the EU is more powerful than the US but we're comparing a continent to a country. That would be the same as comparing Russia to California, they both have similar GDP's, but its an illogical comparison between a US state and a European country. The US still has a great future, for the most part, whereas Europe (besides the UK and Turkey) has seen its best days pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World