Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Canada or Sweden
Canada 28 71.79%
Sweden 11 28.21%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 08:49 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,874,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerrr View Post
Have done a lot of research on Canada and found them to be on nearly every single list 'Richest Country list', 'Wealthiest country list', 'Safest country list', 'Lowest crime list', 'Best places to start business' 'happiest country list'. Sweden has been on a few of these lists.

It seems to me Canada would be a better pick than Sweden to start a world-class Nightclub and Fitness Gym as it has immense potential and can pull in over 10k nightclubbers on a single night. Sweden is a neutral country and has been for quite a while, Canada is not involved in any current wars.

Now my question compare the good as well as the bad of Canada to Sweden. If I went with Sweden I would start businesses in Stockholm, now if I went with Canada where should I go. Not going with Toronto as it is fast-paced, not going with Montreal either as it is a pre-dominantly French-speaking. So which place in Canada is nicest and best overall taking everything into account?
Canada.
1. Speak English.
2. Have relative theres.
3. Same type of food.
4. Same programmes.
5. Better weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 09:36 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,187,014 times
Quote:
OK Seeing as I'm young and inexperienced at this, for now I think I'll make an upscale house with the design of a Nightclub. I have thought of ideas for a Nightclub entity where private bookings are only allowed or where you need to wear name badges, but I'm too worried about crime and 'accidents' occurring. I do not really need a Nightclub to 'make monkey', I was going to start one to be the new Guinness Book of Records holder for the World's biggest Nightclub.
Then skip Sweden and Canada and go a larger and more exciting country.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:09 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,874,995 times
Yes of course the great USA.. WOOP WOOP Go usa GO USA.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:09 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,525,805 times
If that's your goal, I'm surprised you don't just do it in London! If you want the world's biggest club, it makes sense to build in a mega city with lots of tourism, international elite, and business travelers.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:56 AM

70 posts, read 81,873 times
I was born in London, London is lame if you ask me, but I've not been to South London or North London.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:23 PM

Which Country has better economy Sweden or Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Sweden is pretty darn boring in Comparison to Toronto or Vancouver..
How so??

Old 10-11-2012, 03:13 PM

888 posts, read 1,591,640 times
Since you have little experience in the restaurant business, you should start with something more simple. A karaoke bar with 10k seats would open the door to a much larger selection of potential cities. With that kind of a size, you could divide it into various subsections by genre / singers level of drunkeness.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:09 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,525,805 times
Quote:
Which Country has better economy Sweden or Canada?
The question is irrelevant, you don't build a business in a country, you build it in a city. Parts of Canada are very wealthy, and others are poorer. The better question to ask is where is my key demographic, do they have disposable income in this city, and how many of them are there?

For the record, using GDP per capita (Purchasing Power Parity) the average Canadian makes a hundred or so dollars more a year than the average Swede, but the difference is essentially irrelevant, Canadians and Swedes are practically equal in purchasing power.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:13 PM

Canada and Sweden have two of its cities in
15 best new cities for business

Global 500 2011: 15 best new cities for business - FORTUNE on CNNMoney

Old 10-11-2012, 10:31 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,162,317 times
Love both countries but Stockholm is heads and shoulders above most every place I've been in the world. Of course, I was there in the Summer where it's sunny early in the AM and well into the night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World