U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:26 AM

756 posts, read 1,186,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Oh and Britain but that doesn't actually count since there is a Tunnel linking it to the Continent now!
Damn, I also visited Oléron once, but they built a road there too..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 03:00 PM

27,511 posts, read 28,160,930 times
The ones that I remember visiting are Cyprus, Australia, Tasmania, the Galapagos Islands, Manhattan, Long Island, Ellis Island, Liberty Island, Governor's Island, Nantucket, Block Island, Alcatraz, Angel Island, Chateau D'If and there may be some others that I can't remember at the moment.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:03 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,597,576 times
I was born on the island of the americas and i once flew to the island of afro-eurasia in the southeast area of the island known as south asia

Old 10-02-2012, 03:09 PM

20,695 posts, read 17,032,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Rottnest Island, WA, Australia
Penguin Island, WA, Australia
Tasmania, Australia
Hayman Island, Queensland, Australia
Singapore
Borneo (Sarawak), Malaysia
Penang Island, Malaysia
Phuket, Thailand
Ko Phi Phi, Thailand
Cat Ba Island, Vietnam
Long Island, NY, United States

A few I hope to visit soon:

Santorini
Crete
Corsica
Canary Islands
Great Britain
Iceland
Taiwan
Hokkaido
Honshu
Mauritius
Sri Lanka
Madagascar
Hawaii (Hawaii, Oahu, Maui.etc)
Fiji
French Caledonia
Tahiti
Sumatra
Lombok
Sulawesi
Mindanao
Luzon
Okinawa
Vancouver Island
Newfoundland
Jamaica
Barbados
Cuba
Hispaniola
Bermuda
Kangaroo Island
Macquarie Island
Ireland. Rathlin Island. Great Britain. Tenerife.

I hope to visit Greenland, Iceland some of the caribbean islands and key west.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:10 PM

20,695 posts, read 17,032,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Oh and Britain but that doesn't actually count since there is a Tunnel linking it to the Continent now!
Britian is an Island.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 PM

111 posts, read 217,846 times
Alot of them. Mostly in Asia. From the Okinawa Islands to uninhabited islands in the Philippines and Indonesia to the very commercialized Phuket. Never been to the Carribean that much, only been there once actually.
Islands pending in my wishlist right now are Cuba, Malta & the Balearic Islands of Spain.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:49 AM

22,036 posts, read 20,212,099 times
The only island I've been to is the island of Ireland, and a few smaller islands around the UK such as the Isle of Wight.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:30 AM

3,153 posts, read 4,724,554 times
Being to about 10 Greek Islands, 5 Islands in the Whitsunday Group - Australia, Moreton, Stradbroke and Fraser Islands which are all day trips from Brisbane. Ullung-do, Jeju and a couple of others off the south coast of South Korea, Koh Sumi, Koh Phanang and Ko Toa -Thailand, Penang, Sky and couple of others off the coast of Scotland, Ireland, Cyprus, Ibiza Hong Kong and Singapore if you consider them islands and more in the Philippines than I care to list.
Ones I would like to visit? Sri-lanka, Madagascar, Zanzibar, Easter and the Galapagos as well as the more remote Australian ones, such as Christmas, Thursday, the Cocos/Keeling, and Macquarie Islands. I also love Shackleton’s story and would love to follow the path he took over South Georgia Island, but don’t think that is ever going to happen.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 10-03-2012 at 02:12 AM..

Old 10-03-2012, 02:12 AM

24,684 posts, read 39,572,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Being to about 10 Greek Islands, 5 Islands in the Witsunday Group - Australia, Moreton, Stradbroke and Fraser Islands which are all day trips from Brisbane. Ullung-do, Jeju and and a couple of others off the south coast of South Korea, Koh Sumi, Koh Phanang and Ko Toa -Thailand, Penang, Sky and couple of others off the coast of scotland, Ireland, Cyprus, Ibiza Hong Kong and Singapore if you consider them islands and more in the Phillipines than i care to list.

Ones I would like to visit? Sri-lanka, Madagasca, Zanzibar, Easter and the Galapagos as well as the more remote Australian ones, such as Christmas, Thrusday, the Cocos/Keeling, and Maquarie Islands. I also love schackletons story and would love to follow the path he took over South Georgia Island, but dont think that is ever going to happen.
I forgot about Frasier Island, the world's biggest sand island. A pretty interesting place, I must say. Camped on the beach sharing with a pack of dingoes.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:10 AM

42,672 posts, read 66,933,957 times
This list includes only those that have no dry-land means of access (such as bridge) as of the time of my visit (but a few have been bridged since):

Nantucket
Martha's Vineyard
Sugar
Power
Pecan
Shaw
Deer
Miscou
Prince Edward
Newfoundland
Bell
Fogo
Change
St. Brendan's
Saddle
Wolfe
Amherst
Bonaventure
St. Pierre
Cozumel
Peso
Nacascolo
Curacao
Chiloe
Ireland
Britain
Malta
Gozo
Cyprus
Sicilia
Corfu
Nisi
Sjaelland
Funchal
Gran Canaria
Crisan
Goree
Madagascar
Grande Comore
Mauritius
Reunion
Likoma
Taiwan
Victoria
Waglan
Koh Chao
Pulau Ubin
Batam
Bintan
Singkep
Sumatra
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World