Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 05:36 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
#letspretenditis
#okay

Saint Paul > San Francisco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 05:39 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,990,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
#okay

Saint Paul > San Francisco.
Busan > Saint Paul

Old 11-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 7 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,919,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Lol Boston over Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Braga and Bordeaux!

#never!
I agree.

Boston is a joke of a city in some ways and I enjoy making fun of Boston sometimes.

Bangkok, Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Bordeaux, Berlin, and Brussels are superior international cities compared to Boston for plenty of reasons.

The South Korean major city of Busan, the Norwegian town of Bergen, the French town of Bayonne, and the Romanian city of Bucharest even seem better than Boston.

Some people just don’t know their international options and I feel sorry for those people that don't know anything outside their backyard and somehow act very immature and competitive with their lack of knowledge. However, it does make me feel even better and more proud about myself.

Last edited by ; 11-21-2012 at 06:33 PM..

Old 11-21-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
For me it's just easier to read other nationalities than the Dutch.
I don't know about you guys but i don't like it when people hate you but still talk to you like your their best friend.
Well, you are entitled to your opinions for your favorite nationalities and the places to choose for this topic. It is just a bit surprising because you are technically Dutch and that is your first language.

All the Dutch people I met actually seem very honest, direct, easy to read, and Dutch seems to be one of the best nationalities in the world, but that is my opinion.

You choose Utrecht and Eindhoven in the list, yet choosing Atlanta before Amsterdam.

Atlanta Georgia has some of the most superficial, fake, manipulative, and poorly educated people I ever met, and the city of Atlanta is mostly sprawl wasteland. That is one of my least favorite areas of the USA.

Amsterdam is the superior city for quality of people, scenery, and excitement.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Yes, i love Grenoble!! It all started with my love of the classic XIX century novel "The Scarlet and the black" by Stendhal, wich is one of my favourites ever, and the hero and protagonist (Julien Sorel) was from Grenoble. But this was more than 10 years ago, after that i searched pictures and asked people and only read great things about it. Too bad i couldnt go there when i was in Paris this year.

Loved your picks!! A lot of variety!

About BA being a mix between Rome and Paris.....i wish!!! Its a very nice city, definetely exciting and with millons things to do, but its not as beautiful as either Paris or Rome. Rome in particular seems to be too antique and museum-like (the city itself) to even be compared to BA. Paris and BA are more ""similar"" cause actually BA copied a lot of Paris architecture and there are a lot of similar buildings. But Paris is much more spectacular. I still love BA, i think it haves a lot to offer.
Interesting what you say about usuahia and reykjavik, it could be, right? Im gonna have to do a search on internet. What i do know about Usuahia is that, besides being beautiful, it has a very high quality of living. I mean, very high salarys and no unemployment or poorness. And i ve heard something similar about Reyjkavik. Maybe this two cities are indeed very similar, not only in climate/landscape.
Grenoble does appear high quality and impressive for being a mountain city/town with immediate proximity to the French and Swiss Alps.

Grenoble has the title of being the “Capital of the Alps” yet it is sort of a secret because the existence of Grenoble is mysterious and obscure to plenty of people.

For most of my life, I didn’t know Grenoble existed and I found out about it kind of late around 20 to 21 years old/less than 1 year ago.

It was actually kind of recent for me to know a lot more about other areas of France outside of Paris, and I am so glad I discovered all of the other best areas of France.

I know France more now than some people that live in France.

Thank you for the compliment with “Loved your picks!! A lot of variety!” and I appreciate that.

I am also glad I realized a lot more about Argentina, and you do make Argentina sound exciting, unique, and with plenty of good qualities. Some of your posts for Argentina can quickly increase international tourism there a lot.

I would love to visit Buenos Aires, Argentine Andes, Mar Del Plata/ocean coastline, Cordoba, Rosario, Mendoza, Ushuaia, and Patagonia/Tierra Del Fuego.

If that is true for Ushuaia, then Argentina is like a unique intricate mix of Spain, Italy, Iceland, and France, but also separate with a prominent Argentine identity. That is an excellent country to choose for sociocultural anthropology related topics.

Last edited by ; 11-21-2012 at 06:24 PM..

Old 11-21-2012, 06:20 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
#You'reJealousoftheUS
Lol nope definitely not.

Jealous of Croatia, Barcelona etc though, but USA, na.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:56 PM

1,160 posts, read 2,960,658 times
A- Amsterdam
B- Buenos Aires
C- Chicago
D- Dublin
E- Edinburgh
F- Florence
G- Guadalajara
H- Hong Kong
I- Istanbul
J- Jerusalem
K- Krakow
L- London
M- Madrid
N- New York
O- Osaka
P- Paris
Q- Quebec City
R- Rome
S- Sydney
T- Tokyo
U- Udaipur
V- Valencia
W- Wellington
X- None
Y- None
Z- Zagreb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World