Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 04:35 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times

Advertisements

Uruguay

why would anyone hate Uruguay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 04:37 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Why do people hate Australia?

They can hate it all they like but if they've never been here they sound kinda stupid.

I hate New Zealand, so you can cross that off the list. Narrow minded, provincial, cold, and poverty stricken. Ugh.

Hong Kong = not hated...by anyone.

Hong Kong (like a lot of places in Asia) just rocks!!!!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:56 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Uruguay

why would anyone hate Uruguay?
Luis Suarez

Old 11-30-2012, 05:30 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Luis Suarez
Good point.

I didnt remember "the incident" when i wrote this.

So Uruguay is not, then

Old 12-01-2012, 05:27 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,660 times
There isn't any country in the world that is universally liked, the harshest critics of a country are often its own citizens.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:40 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Every country is hated by at least someone. I'm sure people even hate Bhutan. And people hate Sweden enough to bomb it.

I know people who hate Switzerland because they think it's boring and the people are distant.

I know people who hate Australia for their boisterous attitude, and the overbearing patriotism (Ausie Ausie Ausie, Oi Oi Oi).

I know people who hate Canada because it's cold and it's America's little brother.

I know people who hate countries based on old stereotypes.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:58 AM

190 posts, read 571,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
Seriously, everyone in Latin America hates Argentines. While they love the Argentine culture, they cannot stand the arrogant, snobby and vain attitudes that the Argentines have. Argentines really think they are God's gift to the world.

I love Argentina and don't mind the people. I don't take it personal. But that's because I am an American and live in a richer country and more developed one. So it's easy to brush off the 'holier than thou attitdue'. However, I am sure if I lived in let's say Peru and Ecuador and had to deal with Argentines I would hate them.

It's interesting, because I just had a meeting with our Argentina office recently for the first time. I was explaining to them that I loved living there and the people were very nice and fun. Then the response was "Oh yes, aren't we some of the most divine people you have ever met?" Yup, very Argentine.

Peru and Ecuador have better prospects by far than Argentina, not to mention Chile. Argentina is on free fall.
Yes, do you knw why there are no quakes in Argentina? Not even the earth swallows them.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:06 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,013,374 times
Default Somebody hates Bhutan

i hate norway! I hate sweden! I hate denmark! I hate england! I hate scotland! I hate wales! I hate northern ireland! I hate ireland! I hate finland! I hate france! I hate germany! I hate spain! I hate portugal! I hate brazil! I hate abkhazia! I hate bangladesh! I hate barbados! I hate uganda! I hate congo! I hate china! I hate japan! I hate south korea! I hate north korea! I hate russia! I hate mexico! I hate canada! I hate vanuatu! I hate turkey! I hate the tunisian republic! I hate iceland! I hate uzbekistan! I hate kazakhstan! I hate uruguay! I hate paraguay! I hate yemen! I hate zaire! I hate belarus! I hate zambia! I hate zimbabwe! I hate malawi! I hate maldives! I hate malaysia! I hate kenya! I hate hitler! I hate kiribati! I hate cambodia! I hate the czech republic! I hate cyprus! I hate croatia! I hate afghanistan! I hate myanmar and i hate burma! I hate mongolia! I hate thailand! I hate mozambique! I hate morocco! I hate oman! I hate jordan! I hate israel! I hate pakistan! I hate palau! I hate the occupied palestinian territories! I hate panama! I hate qatar! I hate romania! I hate bulgaria! I hate rwanda! I hate laos! I hate latvia! I hate kuwait! I hate kosovo! I hate banana-peels! I hate kyrgyzstan! I hate luxembourg! I hate mali! I hate malta! I hate syria! I hate switzerland! I hate swaziland! I hate svalbard! I hate taiwan! I hate tajikistan! I hate the united states of america! I hate chile! I hate the vatican! I hate venezuela! I hate bonaire! I hate poland! I hate ukraine! I hate vietnam! I hate western sahara! I hate the bahamas! I hate bahrain! I hate cameroon! I hate tibet! I hate costa rica! I hate the cook islands! I also hate the other part of congo! I hate chad! I hate east timor! I hate ecuador! I hate egypt! I hate el salvador! I hate the falkland islands! I hate gabon! I hate gambia! I hate georgia! I hate the ivory coast! I hate italy! I hate jamaica! I hate lebanon! I hate lesotho! I hate south africa! I hate lithuania! I hate andorra! I hate holland! I hate the netherlands! I hate gibraltar! I hate ghana! I hate greece! I hate cancer! I hate guam! I hate granada! I hate french polynesia! I hate ethiopia! I hate guyana! I hate haiti! I hate honduras! I hate india! I hate indonesia! I hate jersey! I hate liberia! I hate comoros! I hate colombia! I hate the cocos islands! I hate bolivia! I hate bhutan! I hate benin! I hate bosnia! I hate azerbaijan! I hate austria! I hate australia! I hate cape verde! I hate equatorial guinea! I hate estonia! I hate eritrea! I hate djibouti! I hate iran! I hate iraq! I hate libya! I hate mauritius! I hate madagascar! I hate montserrat! I hate nauru! I hate nepal! I hate the northern mariana islands! I hate peru! I hate somaliland! I hate somalia! I hate singapore! I hate solomon islands! I hate slovenia! I hate slovakia! I hate tuvalu! I hate trinidad and tobago! I hate suriname! I hate sudan! I hate the united states of america! I hate the united arab emirates! I hate the united kingdom and great britain! I hate wallis and futuna! I hate serbia! I hate seychelles! I hate samoa! I hate senegal! I hate puerto rico! I hate transnistria! I hate saint barthélemy! I hate saint helena! I hate papua new guinea! I hate montenegro! I hate monaco! I hate moldova! I hate liechtenstein! I hate the isle of man! I hate hungary! I am hungry! I hate guinea! I hate gibraltar! I hate fiji! I hate the dominican republic! I hate micronesia! I hate namibia! I hate nicaragua! I hate new zealand! I hate niger! I hate nigeria! I hate the philippines! I hate the turkish republic of northern cyprus! I hate sri lanka! I hate tonga! I hate tokelau! I hate saint martin! I hate saint lucia! I hate the federation of saint christopher and nevis! I hate the pitcairn islands! I hate the norfolk islands! I hate south ossetia! I hate sierra leone! I hate saudi arabia! I hate timor-leste! I hate turkmenistan! I hate macau! I hate macedonia! I hate hong kong! I hate the faeroe islands! I hate akrotiri and dhekelia! I hate the christmas islands! I hate brunei! I hate burundi! I hate herzegovina! I hate burkina faso! I hate anguilla! I hate angola! I hate antigua and barbuda! I hate belgium! I hate botswana! I hate åland islands! I hate armenia! I hate argentina! I hate algeria! I hate aruba! I hate albania! I hate dominica! I hate greenland! I hate são tóme! I hate san marino! I hate tanzania! I hate the togolese republic! I hate the virgin island! I hate niue! I hate mayotte! I hate the islamic republic of mauritania! I hate guatemala! I hate the central african republic! I hate centrifuge! I hate the cayman islands! I hate bermuda! I hate persia! I hate guinea-bissau! I hate tristan da cunha! I hate nagorno-karabakh! I hate the turks and caicos islands! I hate the british virgin islands! I hate saint vincent and grenadines! I hate belize! I hate new caledonia! I hate guernsey! I hate the netherlands antilles! I hate the marshall islands! I hate saint pierre and miquelon! I hate american samoa! I hate the united kingdom ascension island!

I HATE THE WORLD by *ReallyAngry on deviantART

Old 12-01-2012, 03:06 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwdavid View Post
i hate norway! I hate sweden! I hate denmark! I hate england! I hate scotland! I hate wales! I hate northern ireland! I hate ireland! I hate finland! I hate france! I hate germany! I hate spain! I hate portugal! I hate brazil! I hate abkhazia! I hate bangladesh! I hate barbados! I hate uganda! I hate congo! I hate china! I hate japan! I hate south korea! I hate north korea! I hate russia! I hate mexico! I hate canada! I hate vanuatu! I hate turkey! I hate the tunisian republic! I hate iceland! I hate uzbekistan! I hate kazakhstan! I hate uruguay! I hate paraguay! I hate yemen! I hate zaire! I hate belarus! I hate zambia! I hate zimbabwe! I hate malawi! I hate maldives! I hate malaysia! I hate kenya! I hate hitler! I hate kiribati! I hate cambodia! I hate the czech republic! I hate cyprus! I hate croatia! I hate afghanistan! I hate myanmar and i hate burma! I hate mongolia! I hate thailand! I hate mozambique! I hate morocco! I hate oman! I hate jordan! I hate israel! I hate pakistan! I hate palau! I hate the occupied palestinian territories! I hate panama! I hate qatar! I hate romania! I hate bulgaria! I hate rwanda! I hate laos! I hate latvia! I hate kuwait! I hate kosovo! I hate banana-peels! I hate kyrgyzstan! I hate luxembourg! I hate mali! I hate malta! I hate syria! I hate switzerland! I hate swaziland! I hate svalbard! I hate taiwan! I hate tajikistan! I hate the united states of america! I hate chile! I hate the vatican! I hate venezuela! I hate bonaire! I hate poland! I hate ukraine! I hate vietnam! I hate western sahara! I hate the bahamas! I hate bahrain! I hate cameroon! I hate tibet! I hate costa rica! I hate the cook islands! I also hate the other part of congo! I hate chad! I hate east timor! I hate ecuador! I hate egypt! I hate el salvador! I hate the falkland islands! I hate gabon! I hate gambia! I hate georgia! I hate the ivory coast! I hate italy! I hate jamaica! I hate lebanon! I hate lesotho! I hate south africa! I hate lithuania! I hate andorra! I hate holland! I hate the netherlands! I hate gibraltar! I hate ghana! I hate greece! I hate cancer! I hate guam! I hate granada! I hate french polynesia! I hate ethiopia! I hate guyana! I hate haiti! I hate honduras! I hate india! I hate indonesia! I hate jersey! I hate liberia! I hate comoros! I hate colombia! I hate the cocos islands! I hate bolivia! I hate bhutan! I hate benin! I hate bosnia! I hate azerbaijan! I hate austria! I hate australia! I hate cape verde! I hate equatorial guinea! I hate estonia! I hate eritrea! I hate djibouti! I hate iran! I hate iraq! I hate libya! I hate mauritius! I hate madagascar! I hate montserrat! I hate nauru! I hate nepal! I hate the northern mariana islands! I hate peru! I hate somaliland! I hate somalia! I hate singapore! I hate solomon islands! I hate slovenia! I hate slovakia! I hate tuvalu! I hate trinidad and tobago! I hate suriname! I hate sudan! I hate the united states of america! I hate the united arab emirates! I hate the united kingdom and great britain! I hate wallis and futuna! I hate serbia! I hate seychelles! I hate samoa! I hate senegal! I hate puerto rico! I hate transnistria! I hate saint barthélemy! I hate saint helena! I hate papua new guinea! I hate montenegro! I hate monaco! I hate moldova! I hate liechtenstein! I hate the isle of man! I hate hungary! I am hungry! I hate guinea! I hate gibraltar! I hate fiji! I hate the dominican republic! I hate micronesia! I hate namibia! I hate nicaragua! I hate new zealand! I hate niger! I hate nigeria! I hate the philippines! I hate the turkish republic of northern cyprus! I hate sri lanka! I hate tonga! I hate tokelau! I hate saint martin! I hate saint lucia! I hate the federation of saint christopher and nevis! I hate the pitcairn islands! I hate the norfolk islands! I hate south ossetia! I hate sierra leone! I hate saudi arabia! I hate timor-leste! I hate turkmenistan! I hate macau! I hate macedonia! I hate hong kong! I hate the faeroe islands! I hate akrotiri and dhekelia! I hate the christmas islands! I hate brunei! I hate burundi! I hate herzegovina! I hate burkina faso! I hate anguilla! I hate angola! I hate antigua and barbuda! I hate belgium! I hate botswana! I hate åland islands! I hate armenia! I hate argentina! I hate algeria! I hate aruba! I hate albania! I hate dominica! I hate greenland! I hate são tóme! I hate san marino! I hate tanzania! I hate the togolese republic! I hate the virgin island! I hate niue! I hate mayotte! I hate the islamic republic of mauritania! I hate guatemala! I hate the central african republic! I hate centrifuge! I hate the cayman islands! I hate bermuda! I hate persia! I hate guinea-bissau! I hate tristan da cunha! I hate nagorno-karabakh! I hate the turks and caicos islands! I hate the british virgin islands! I hate saint vincent and grenadines! I hate belize! I hate new caledonia! I hate guernsey! I hate the netherlands antilles! I hate the marshall islands! I hate saint pierre and miquelon! I hate american samoa! I hate the united kingdom ascension island!

I HATE THE WORLD by *ReallyAngry on deviantART
Well, atleast you didn't start with Sweden

There's always going to be people "hating" a country. Just because most of us on here don't think too often (or at all) about countries like Lithuania or Bhutan, doesn't mean that people living close to them (or in them) don't.

LESS hated countries might be a better thread name (if we want to engage in this kind of discussion at all).

(EDIT: I can't find Nauru in there anywhere. That was going to be my guess on the "least hated" countries)

Old 12-01-2012, 04:23 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,526,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
It may be easy to think of reasons why the United States is hated, but why would anyone hate the Maldives, for example?
Because it's a corrupt, Islamist backed dictatorship again since the coup and people live in fear of being overheard saying something bad about the regime and being thrown in jail. The Islamists also destroyed all of the priceless artifacts that were in the museum that dated to the pre-Islamic period in the Maldives.

As a Canadian, I'll tell you we are not universally loved. In world polls, people in a number of Arab countries generally say they don't like us because we are supporters of Israel and are a Western country that tries to promote values sometimes at odds with their own. The Ugandans are angry with us because we told them we didn't like the way they treated homosexuals, and they put their proposed law of making homosexuality or supporting homosexuality punishable by death back into parliament in order to assert sovereignty and be defiant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World