U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 PM

122 posts, read 139,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Not really, it's just RussiaOnline aka Object704 who has to bring up Russia in every thread.
Should I share my view on Netherlands instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 11:01 PM

5,901 posts, read 7,947,230 times
This topic seems fun Im loving the answers so far, mostly cause the over the top insane patriotics that talk about "jealousy" and "envy" didnt appear yet. Thank god.

what first comes to your mind when you think of U.S.A? OVER THE TOP patriotism, arrogance, ignorance about the rest of the world, sense of entitlement, over defensiveness, insane obsession with guns, political correction way over the top, very right-wing overall and very little self crticism. Also, AMAZING tv shows, amazing movies, amazing landscapes, new york, great and cheap food from all over the world, melting pot society, great literature, very funny comedians, very interesting society.

if you see an American tourist, what would be the first question you would ask him about his country?
do you know larry david and curb your enthusiasm?? isnt he the most awesomest comedian ever?? . No, seriously, i ask them tons of things just like i do with every other foreinger.

what do you think the average American life is like?
stressful, materialistic, lot of work-hours per week, lot of political correction, very flanders-like, fantasies about going rage mode and killing all of your neighbours and friends, lol. Eat and buy clothes very cheaply, very car dependant, not very friend-oriented, but comfortable overall. Easy to get everything you need everywhere.

is it mostly positive views or negative views?
Mostly positive. I could never thank you enough for the amazing tv-series you had me watching for a long while now. Seriously. And your literature is amazing .And i have many amazing american friends. And people seems to be overall nice. And a lot of interesting cities and beautiful landscapes.
Of course there are bad things, but the good things are more.

even with the insane patriotics that soon will come to ruin this thread -coughcoughcough-

Old 12-29-2012, 11:11 PM

72,672 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Not really, it's just RussiaOnline aka Object704 who has to bring up Russia in every thread.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:11 PM

3,079 posts, read 4,307,549 times
As for the country - America is an interesting country. But the majority of American films that show American life, has nothing more to do with reality. Any transfer shall be US propaganda, but I think it's good for the country. But many of the facts are distorted a lot.A country with a beautiful and diverse nature, as I see.American's life - the life in loan, a lot of credit and bills of persistent depression - for work. American education and the Americans do not can not (adaptation)to difficulties and instantaneous change. For them it is a shock. If fired, then a lot of debt and bankruptcy. Even learning occurs in debt. The family is not close people usually they look like strangers (after achieving After reaching the age of 21 years older)Children take their parents have money in the debt and high interest rates of PHB. sometimes easier to get a bank loan than take from their own parents.
For us, the family is a society with very close friends.
Racism and hypocrisy can be traced so far. (Worth a look at any film, if there is not an African American, you are a racist - is idiotic) The second example before Detroit was a thriving city, it was necessary to move to African Americans, all white people have started to leave the city, why?
But, there are also many interesting and kind people, some I know.
As for freedom is probably a myth and very large. Freedom in America is limited to the set of laws, some of them very funny .
But the government is not looking that works outside of the country takes care of its people more than in my country. But the first impression is a war, hollywood, rap and makdonals.Just the idea of ​​manic rule the world. What prevents only one country, Russia. For this reason, a lot of penalties and violation of agreements.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:16 PM

5,901 posts, read 7,947,230 times
And also its funny but some things seem to be repetead like a mantra in american society, so they will actually believe them, when its not like that at all.

The funniest is how "free" americans are. "This is america, you are more free than anywhere in the world", when, if you think about it from an outsider perspective you arent really that free, you are trapped in a way over the top PC society, full of ridiculous laws, with only 2 parties to chose for goverment, and with a very manipulative and uninformative media.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Well just this year ive been hearing alot, with Syria, and now Putin restricting Americans from adopting your children. but i guess its good because we dont want your kids becoming slaves here in America.
Why are you accusing Putin? Why not Obama? He was the first (and as it always is) raised an absurd law, Magnitsky. You at least know who he Magnitsky ? that he did and how he died? Not really you are so ignorant not to see the obvious and simple things?

Old 12-29-2012, 11:32 PM

14,805 posts, read 16,983,932 times
Thanks everyone, most of what has been said is true. i do love it here but we do have problems, i honestly liked life in the 90s better

Old 12-29-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
And also its funny but some things seem to be repetead like a mantra in american society, so they will actually believe them, when its not like that at all.

The funniest is how "free" americans are. "This is america, you are more free than anywhere in the world", when, if you think about it from an outsider perspective you arent really that free, you are trapped in a way over the top PC society, full of ridiculous laws, with only 2 parties to chose for goverment, and with a very manipulative and uninformative media.
Totally agree with you!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:33 PM

14,805 posts, read 16,983,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Why are you accusing Putin? Why not Obama? He was the first (and as it always is) raised an absurd law, Magnitsky. You at least know who he Magnitsky ? that he did and how he died? Not really you are so ignorant not to see the obvious and simple things?
yea yea should of added that to

Old 12-29-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Thanks everyone, most of what has been said is true. i do love it here but we do have problems, i honestly liked life in the 90s better
Problems, there is in any country! We all have different cultures and sometimes difficult for us to understand each other. Why do you think in the 90's was the best in America? In Russia, it was good in the 80's and today probably (but not so much good )
I understand that people are different everywhere and anywhere as there are good and not so.Happy New Year to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or