Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yea, i miss the good music
I agree that the music is in the 80-90 was better than today. it can be seen, even by Russian music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 12:24 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
80s-90s music rocked!!!

what about brit pop at that time? It was brilliant

Blur, Oasis, and even Radiohead (though i doubt it could be called "brit pop") were miles ahead of the so called "brit pop" today.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:25 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Thank you! How hard is it to do business in America today?(The common man.)It is true that many people choose to work in different firms than to have your own business? In Russia, the government service or work preferable to a private firm. but it is preferable government service - his business.
I'm honestly no expert, but i think it really depends what part of the country you are. small and local businesses seem to become more popular.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:28 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
80's

The Stone Roses - Fools Gold (Full Version) - YouTube

90's

Delerium Ft. Sarah McLachlan - Silence (Lyrics) - YouTube

Enough said!

Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 AM

I also miss the lack of reality tv shows, like when MTV actually played music videos and not shows about pregnant teenagers

Old 12-30-2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
80s-90s music rocked!!!

what about brit pop at that time? It was brilliant

Blur, Oasis, and even Radiohead (though i doubt it could be called "brit pop") were miles ahead of the so called "brit pop" today.
See, even today, a lot of music of those times is popular today, but it is now called classic. Perturbation, scooters, Depishmota, Sandra and many others it was more for my heart. Today, most of the music seems written just for the money. But, thanks to New York for rap. I like this kind of music, in any language.Recently went to the theater to music on saxophone, there were many works of American, Brazilian composers it was excellent!

Old 12-30-2012, 12:36 AM

Do they have anything like "the Pledge of Allegiance" in other countries?

When i was in elementary school, we stood up everyday put our hand on our hearts and pledged to the classroom flag... we werent forced to do it but still looking back it seems kind of crazy.

today im not sure they still do it but it still just creeps me out

Old 12-30-2012, 12:37 AM

250 posts, read 503,112 times
I think of good people with generally strong moral foundational and community values subject to a malignant and increasingly authoritarian government. This is why, despite some concerns, my sympathies lie with the libertarian movement, and right-of-centre politics in the USA.

I think they are treated unfairly in their media portrayals by the rest of the world, notably on the point of intelligence and academic ability. I personally find undergraduate level US students to be somewhat behind their European peers, but their postgraduate trainees to be marginally ahead, at least in the scientific specialties (neurobiology/neurophysiology) I trained in.

As a former atheist based in the UK, I admire the fact that they still maintain a strong demographic in favour of Christian values at a time in which it is subject to a barrage of increasingly negative media bias; in most cases by the theologically ignorant, the philosophically illiterate, and the generally inept.

Last edited by Citizen401; 12-30-2012 at 01:00 AM..

Old 12-30-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Every country has it flaws, thats true. If i had to talk about the many things i dislike about MY country, i could be here for hours.

The difference is, probably, that if you go to an argentinian forum and say the things you think are bad with arg, you wont have ANYONE acusse you of doing that out of "jealousy" (LOL), cause no argentinian in their right mind would think anyone could be jealous of argentina (LOL). And if they did, they would be called insane by the rest of the people.

I get that US is much more important than Arg and probably better in many aspects, and its a number 1 country, a cultural empire, etc, but i dont see people from england, or from France, having that way over the top attitude about THEIR countries, wich are also important. I never read an english person saying the people from other countries were "lesser people" than them and being congratulated by it.
Maybe some people think that, but no one would say it. Its very tacky and bad taste and i dont understand how americans think going everywhere saying your country is the best isnt ridiculous. Cause it makes you look ridiculous, honestly.

I actually know many people who love the so called "laid back" latin american culture, good weather, beautiful women (thats just what i hear, idk if any of that is true). Argentina does look like a nice place, has the diverse landscape like China, USA, Russia, etc...

Old 12-30-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I'm honestly no expert, but i think it really depends what part of the country you are. small and local businesses seem to become more popular.
Americans have always been the most enterprising people in the world. I think it's very good for the people and the country as a whole, as people are dependent on their work. In Russia, too, is very common small and medium business. Frankly anyone who wants to depend only on himself engaged business. Yes, of course I think you're right. Much depends on the business and financial areas, and place of residence. I have been building business and quite successfully. I have no idea where you can still earn so much money. if not for construction. building always is and will be, so it is a promising area, like medicine. The most interesting thing that you are doing their favorite thing..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World