Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 11:45 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Problems, there is in any country! We all have different cultures and sometimes difficult for us to understand each other. Why do you think in the 90's was the best in America? In Russia, it was good in the 80's and today probably (but not so much good )
I understand that people are different everywhere and anywhere as there are good and not so.Happy New Year to you!
You could actually get a good paying job! today, id have to spend months applying to get a decent paying job, back then just walk in the store "yo man can you hook me up with a job?" "yea man put this on and lets get started"

Plus i think the whole world was better before the all the technology of today that is turning everyone into zombies
Happy New Year to you as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
Every country has it flaws, thats true. If i had to talk about the many things i dislike about MY country, i could be here for hours.

The difference is, probably, that if you go to an argentinian forum and say the things you think are bad with arg, you wont have ANYONE acusse you of doing that out of "jealousy" (LOL), cause no argentinian in their right mind would think anyone could be jealous of argentina (LOL). And if they did, they would be called insane by the rest of the people.

I get that US is much more important than Arg and probably better in many aspects, and its a number 1 country, a cultural empire, etc, but i dont see people from england, or from France, having that way over the top attitude about THEIR countries, wich are also important. I never read an english person saying the people from other countries were "lesser people" than them and being congratulated by it.
Maybe some people think that, but no one would say it. Its very tacky and bad taste and i dont understand how americans think going everywhere saying your country is the best isnt ridiculous. Cause it makes you look ridiculous, honestly.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:49 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
You could actually get a good paying job! today, id have to spend months applying to get a decent paying job, back then just walk in the store "yo man can you hook me up with a job?" "yea man put this on and lets get started"
I know the 90's were a big boom for jobs, credit, mortgages etc, I was born at the start of the 90's so I bloody missed it all!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:53 PM

And all the people that pop up in every USA thread and say everything is out of jealousy, could you explain your logic?? Cause i dont understand it?

You think that, lets say, that i admire USA so much that i criticize it cause i actually want what i criticize? Like you think i actually would wanna live in a gun-obsessed country and i envy THAT about your society??
Cause there certainly ARE things to envy USA about (like your tv, if our tv was at least 10% as good at yours but not even close), but those are the things i usually congratulate USA about and talk well about. Many many things.

Those people assume that everyone that says something bad about USA actually is twisted and cover their envy with criticism???? cause thats really a twisted way of thinking

Old 12-29-2012, 11:56 PM

You should go and read this thread currently happening in "america" forum to see what im talking about when i said "the people that pop up in every USA thread...":

Why do people from South America and Canada get mad at the term "Americans"

its a really good example of this insaneness and twisted thinking im talking about

Old 12-30-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
You should go and read this thread currently happening in "america" forum to see what im talking about when i said "the people that pop up in every USA thread...":

Why do people from South America and Canada get mad at the term "Americans"

its a really good example of this insaneness and twisted thinking im talking about
Lol @ Repubocrat...
"The country that gave the world the automobile, the computer, the Internet, rock n roll, jazz, blues, soul, Motown and City-Data "

Pretty sure half of those were from some European countries?

Old 12-30-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I know the 90's were a big boom for jobs, credit, mortgages etc, I was born at the start of the 90's so I bloody missed it all!
Yea, i miss the good music

Old 12-30-2012, 12:11 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
The UK actually made the internet Repubocrat!
Tim Berners-Lee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah I miss Trance music from the 90's/early 00's.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:14 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,617,811 times
Quote:

Plus i think the whole world was better before the all the technology of today that is turning everyone into zombies
Happy New Year to you as well
Thank you! How hard is it to do business in America today?(The common man.)It is true that many people choose to work in different firms than to have your own business? In Russia, the government service or work preferable to a private firm. but it is preferable government service - his business.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Lol @ Repubocrat...
"The country that gave the world the automobile, the computer, the Internet, rock n roll, jazz, blues, soul, Motown and City-Data "

Pretty sure half of those were from some European countries?
lol, this republocat person seems insane, even if americans haven given us all those things and more. How can you go ahead and say it?? so un-classy Plus, accusing everyone of being jealous, whats that??

anyways, larry david for the win
and the new show im addicted to now is Homeland....what a great show!!!

But absolute best ever: Seinfeld, Curb your enthusiasm, Lost and The Simpsons.

How could i hate a country that gave me those 4 masterpieces??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World