U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 11:22 PM

12,799 posts, read 12,171,744 times

Advertisements

Sorry, but with Saudi Arabia at 38, Egypt at 60 and Syria at 73; this chart is complete BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 AM

6,041 posts, read 10,401,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
They shouldn't even be in the top 40.
Do you agree with the other 22 out of 25 countries I said: France, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, USA, Taiwan, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, Norway, Denmark, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Belgium, Germany, UK, Italy, Spain, Argentina, even not in that exact order?

Well, the 3 countries you donít agree with there is actually quite a few standards/indicators they do well in that can have them qualify in the top 25, even if there is some standards where they do rather poorly in.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsuleneo View Post
How can South Korea be in the Top 20 list? South Korea is technically still at war with North Korea(having never signed a peace treaty after the Korean War) and share the world's most heavily fortified border. Military service for males is compulsory in South Korea and it has been reported that the human rights abuses continue to occur within the South Korean military. Plus, South Korea's suicide rate has been the highest among developed nations for the past eight years, with almost 43 people choosing to end their lives every day.
South Korea is more of a paradox and a mixed situation compared to most other countries.

It does not do well for Leisure/Vacation Time Away from School/Work, some aspects of Sociological Cultural Environment, Lack of Diversity, Tension with North Korea/some neighboring countries, etc.

At the same time, South Korea does well for Quickly Emerging Economy, Economic forecasts up to the year 2030 going from one of the poorest to one of the wealthiest countries within a few decades, and good enough for most other standards.

However, it was absurd the economist intelligence unit survey index ranked South Korea substantially higher than France, and UK.

I would certainly overall rank France and UK above South Korea in the top 20, but South Korea should at least be in the top 25.

I am finally defending the UK for once.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentro View Post
The land of opportunity, the home of the brave, the nation that goes from sea to shining sea: the United States of America.

I wasn't born here but I sure wish I was.
Well, there is plenty of countries that are good, vibrant, inviting, stable countries to be born into and have a life in, with plenty of opportunities and for what they offer to the people that live there and visitors.

The USA is one of my favorite countries and that is also equally true for 20 to 25 other countries that are my favorites for a lot of reasons: France, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Taiwan, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, Norway, Denmark, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Belgium, Germany, UK, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Thailand, South Korea, Vietnam, China.

Actually France is number 1 for me recently, and USA number 2 for favorite countries and USA number 4 for best countries to be born into/have a life in but the ranks sometimes donít matter, as long as it qualifies in the top 25.

Plenty of times, I donít view certain topics in an overly competitive way. As long as I like, appreciate, respect, value certain places, the status does not matter to me.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reader View Post
I must say, I find your high ranking of the US peculiar when America does so badly in Health Standards, Economic Opportunity, Economic forecasts up to the year 2030, Job Security, Income Equality, Percentage of Population that is High income/Middle class/Low income poverty, Leisure/Vacation Time Away from School/Work and Personal/International Opinions of a country.

Putting Sweden above Norway, and Belgium above Germany also seems off, And what is with the huge gap betwenn Austria and Germany?
My earlier first post related to this was a lot more about all of the specific connecting indicators to determine the best and worst countries to be born into and have a life in, and say more information about the economist intelligence unit survey index.

The actual list for countries was really just a small part of the post.

Some of the lists was focused on too much and not enough emphasis on all of the exact standards, other information, and the summary for what the survey index ranking countries was looking for that appeared a bit enigmatic/obscure.

It is both objective universal standards and subjective individual preferences simultaneously for how each person would rank all countries for topics such as this.

The survey index briefly said:"What countries will provide the best opportunities for a healthy, safe, and prosperous life in the years ahead.Ē

These are most of the standards/indicators related to that: Health Standards, Subjective Quality of Life and Life Satisfaction Surveys, Political Freedoms, Economic Opportunity, Economic forecasts up to the year 2030, Job Security, Income Equality, Percentage of Population that is High income/Middle class/Low income poverty, Leisure/Vacation Time Away from School/Work, Sociological Cultural Environment, Entertainment Options/Things to do, Scenery, Personal/International Opinions of a country.

What are your views and exact ranks for top 25 best countries to be born into and have a life in? I am especially curious where you would rank the countries you mentioned.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:53 PM

254 posts, read 250,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentro View Post
The land of opportunity, the home of the brave, the nation that goes from sea to shining sea: the United States of America.

I wasn't born here but I sure wish I was.
Brainwashing at its most blatant.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:45 PM

14,805 posts, read 17,044,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSamme View Post
Lol, huh?

Old 02-02-2013, 03:31 PM

363 posts, read 543,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSamme View Post
What???

Old 02-02-2013, 04:30 PM

10,294 posts, read 11,748,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Do you agree with the other 22 out of 25 countries I said: France, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, USA, Taiwan, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, Norway, Denmark, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Belgium, Germany, UK, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Czech Republic, South Korea even not in that exact order?

Well, the 3 countries (China, Vietnam, Thailand) you donít agree with there is actually quite a few standards/indicators they do well in that can have them qualify in the top 25, even if there is some standards where they do rather poorly in.
Yes i agree with most of the countries on your list.

I would replace China, Vietnam, Thailand, Argentina, Czech Republic with
New Zealand, Ireland, Finland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein for the top 25.

Remember it's about best country to be BORN in.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:12 PM

14,805 posts, read 17,044,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOK MA NO HANDS View Post
What???
Anyone else can say their country is great, but if Americans say America is great we are brainwashed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or