U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:45 PM

4,454 posts, read 5,525,696 times

Advertisements

What are the best and most friendly areas to visit in Russia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 11:29 PM

37 posts, read 41,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
What are the best and most friendly areas to visit in Russia?
Tourists go to Moscow and Sankt - Petersburg. These are big, and very beautiful cities. Probably Sankt Petersburg is a little more beautiful and quieter, than Moscow. These Cities need to be visited. In Siberia the most developed and beautiful city is Novosibirsk. Here too is what to look. It is possible as to visit Sochi still in the summer. It is the Resort. Too it is interesting. These cities the most attractive. Sankt Petersburg is quieter and purer than Moscow.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:47 PM

653 posts, read 666,313 times
Espesially "white nights" in Petersburg attractive to tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russia-nsk View Post
And it is safer to have the apartment in Russia
What are you mean? About Novosibirsk difficult criminogenic situation? I always considered criminal the South of Russia and Primorye, but not central regions...

Old 01-07-2013, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Espesially "white nights" in Petersburg attractive to tourists.

What are you mean? About Novosibirsk difficult criminogenic situation? I always considered criminal the South of Russia and Primorye, but not central regions...
More safely I mean it, for example, the country house is subject to ignition more often. Many houses burn. In Novosibirsk there are groups criminal, they are everywhere. But it is more than them, for example, on Kuzbass. Where coal, mines. There it is more favorable to them to be. It is a lot of crime in Moscow. In other parts of Russia, I don't know. The crime everywhere is.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:39 AM

18,255 posts, read 16,774,368 times
I have always wanted to visit Yakutsk during the winter to experience what -50 to -60 is like. Is it a beautiful city too and are the people friendly?

Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 AM

770 posts, read 711,235 times
Is driving in Russia generally this bad?!
Barryboys.co.uk • View topic - The Russian Dashcam Video Thread V2

Is it safe for a non-Russian foreigner to drive? Or will he likely be hijacked/carjacked or a target for police bribery/corruption?

Old 01-07-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I have always wanted to visit Yakutsk during the winter to experience what -50 to -60 is like. Is it a beautiful city too and are the people friendly?
I wasn't in Yakutsk. But I have many friends from Yakutsk. These people are very friendly and friendly. Very interesting, with them it is pleasant to speak. Because of humidity,-50 in Yakutsk, this one and too as in Novosibirsk - 35. So-50 it is usually cold winter. -50 Yakutsk =-35 Novosibirsk

Old 01-07-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
Is driving in Russia generally this bad?!
Barryboys.co.uk • View topic - The Russian Dashcam Video Thread V2

Is it safe for a non-Russian foreigner to drive? Or will he likely be hijacked/carjacked or a target for police bribery/corruption?
I not absolutely understood that you asked. But I will try to answer. To Russia go absolutely on another than in America. Seldom who observes high-speed a mode and is guided by signs limiting speed. All go quickly. Therefore there are a lot of accidents. The police costs in certain places somewhere at the road. There is the special radar showing speed of the driver. If the police officer noticed excess by a radar, it stops the driver, and the penalty about $10 is formed. Penalty pay not to the police officer, and in cash desk. To avoid bribes. Bribes police officers take for large violation because of which the driver can lose the rights. But it is very rare. ------ If I didn't answer your question, set to me it a little on another, my translator not absolutely precisely translated your question

Old 01-07-2013, 11:44 AM
kyh

384 posts, read 1,020,717 times
Have you been to Kamchatka? I'm very interested in that region.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyh View Post
Have you been to Kamchatka? I'm very interested in that region.
No. It is the remote corner of Russia. While there was no opportunity to be there. I was in the cities: Barnaul, Omsk, Yarovoe, Kemerovo, Moscow, Sochi, Volgograd, Novokuznetsk

I am an athlete and therefore I go on the cities on competitions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World