U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 11:17 AM

4,571 posts, read 6,740,513 times

Advertisements

Where do Russians normally travel to on holiday? Is it normal to vacation in other Russian cities? What cities would be the most popular in that regard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 11:54 AM

18,095 posts, read 16,629,431 times
Do Russians like to go camping, hiking, mountian biking, or backpacking?

Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 PM

105 posts, read 170,998 times
Is it true that in Russia everybody drives with a dashboard camera mounted in their car?
Read that in a Youtube comment.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:27 PM

9,033 posts, read 8,375,455 times
Do you think of yourself as European -- even though you live, geographically, in Asia?

Old 01-07-2013, 03:07 PM

647 posts, read 622,563 times
I live in the European part of Russia, but I don't feel myself as European, because European life and politics seem too far from me.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:59 PM

770 posts, read 706,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russia-nsk View Post
I not absolutely understood that you asked. But I will try to answer. To Russia go absolutely on another than in America. Seldom who observes high-speed a mode and is guided by signs limiting speed. All go quickly. Therefore there are a lot of accidents. The police costs in certain places somewhere at the road. There is the special radar showing speed of the driver. If the police officer noticed excess by a radar, it stops the driver, and the penalty about $10 is formed. Penalty pay not to the police officer, and in cash desk. To avoid bribes. Bribes police officers take for large violation because of which the driver can lose the rights. But it is very rare. ------ If I didn't answer your question, set to me it a little on another, my translator not absolutely precisely translated your question

Old 01-07-2013, 05:34 PM

10,715 posts, read 22,330,588 times
How come Russsia and Canada do not have a better trade Relationship since we both share the same love of Hockey and both have huge Countries (by Landmass and Resources not population) and are used to colder climates?

I find it weird we do not get along better than we do...What do Russians think of Canada and Canadians?

Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 PM

37 posts, read 41,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
Where do Russians normally travel to on holiday? Is it normal to vacation in other Russian cities? What cities would be the most popular in that regard?
In the summer Russians prefer Sochi - the Black Sea, or abroad, Thailand is especially popular. The prices are identical that to go to Sochi that to Thailand. In Russia to have a rest only in Sochi is a resort. There the Black Sea is warm also. In the winter it is possible to go to Sheregesh - the winter resort, to go skiing from mountains.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Do Russians like to go camping, hiking, mountian biking, or backpacking?
Well it on the fan, but in the main da is pleasant. At us in Siberia, people go to Altai - there mountains, and it is possible will go to a campaign by the beautiful nature.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannadiga View Post
Is it true that in Russia everybody drives with a dashboard camera mounted in their car?
Read that in a Youtube comment.
Go, but not all. The camera is called - the video recorder. By means of such cameras, it is easier to investigate violations on the road, or accident. Sometimes you won't prove who it is right and who is guilty, and the camera helps with such cases
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World