Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Diverse Countries in the World(in terms of people)
Brazil 23 14.94%
South Africa 2 1.30%
Venezuala 1 0.65%
United States of America 87 56.49%
United Kingdom 14 9.09%
France 4 2.60%
Netherlands 1 0.65%
Canada 19 12.34%
Australia 3 1.95%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:04 PM

263 posts, read 805,352 times

Advertisements

I don't see what's so diverse about the white population in the US, it's predominantly made up of anglo-saxon protestants. Every other white ethnic group is like a minority in the US, and proportionally all these groups don't even make up 10% of the US population. At least in Canada there's a huge French descendant population that even speaks the language, so that shows cultural diversity as well as ethnic. Brazil is a different beast entirely, the white Brazilian population seems like a microcosm of the whole continent. In Brazil every group from Latins, to Germanics, and Slavics are very well represented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 05:28 AM

4,439 posts, read 6,947,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antillano89 View Post
I don't see what's so diverse about the white population in the US, it's predominantly made up of anglo-saxon protestants. Every other white ethnic group is like a minority in the US, and proportionally all these groups don't even make up 10% of the US population. At least in Canada there's a huge French descendant population that even speaks the language, so that shows cultural diversity as well as ethnic. Brazil is a different beast entirely, the white Brazilian population seems like a microcosm of the whole continent. In Brazil every group from Latins, to Germanics, and Slavics are very well represented.
People of British background are undercounted in America today. In 1980 there were far more Americans identifying with a British background than today. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Americans

In addition I don't see the White population as more diverse than in Canada for example.

Last edited by other99; 07-29-2013 at 06:11 AM..

Old 07-29-2013, 08:34 PM

263 posts, read 805,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
People of British background are undercounted in America today. In 1980 there were far more Americans identifying with a British background than today. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Americans

In addition I don't see the White population as more diverse than in Canada for example.
I agree. Brazil and Canada have a more diverse white population than the US.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:00 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,869,928 times
USA
Canada
Brazil
UK
Germany
France

Old 07-31-2013, 02:01 AM

733 posts, read 933,541 times
No India, Papua New Guinea, South Africa, Namibia, or Uganda? India has over a thousand different ethnic groups, Papua New Guinea has about that much too. South Africa, Namibia and Uganda are known for their great deal of human genetic diversity. I mean I understand if people want diversity from all different regions in the world but those are worth mentions and good cases can be made for them.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:28 AM

232 posts, read 365,197 times
The US, Canada, Australia and Brazil are the most diverse

Old 07-31-2013, 09:52 PM
BMI

7,456 posts, read 7,209,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
USA
Canada
Brazil
UK
Germany
France
Pretty much sums it up.
Though I'd maybe replace Germany with Australia

Old 08-01-2013, 01:49 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,544,353 times
If you would refer to diversity / per capita (I know not, but anyway), Romania is the most diverse.

It has greatest mix of ethnicities (Hungarians, Roma, Germans, Ukrainians, Tatars, Turks, Lipovan Russians, Slovaks, Czechs, Poles etc), languages (Latin, Finno-Ugric, Slavic, Germanic etc), religions (Orthodox, Catholic, Calvinist, Lutheran, Islamic, Old Russian Believers etc), cultures (even among Romanians from various provinces and smaller regions there is little cultural connection and the culture is completely different, like there are several peoples, even more than in Italy's provinces e.g).

Is the most diverse country in Europe and if diversity is measured in relation with its population size, the most diverse in the world.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:51 AM

4 posts, read 4,033 times
It's ACTUALLY most of South Africa, but you know... 'Murica is number one to you all I suppose. You guys should do your research...this is a really uneducated thread.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:32 AM

14,848 posts, read 21,380,277 times
Come to think of it.
13% of the US population is foreign born, Isnt Canada higher(?)
American citizens themselves are racially diverse but culturally similar. White, Asian, black and Hispanic Americans all share plenty of similitaries.... Making the USA not diverse but integrated....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World