U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2016, 02:53 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,189,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Conclusion: Asian women are not overrated, just overhyped in Anglo-American media.
Geez Davy, your English is better than mine yes that's what I meant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yes and no.

While it's partially because of the current beauty standards we have in the Western World, people have as much personal diversity in what they feel what is attractive as they have in politics. It's clear that Davy thinks a Southeast Asian look is the most attractive, and let him have that. IDK if they are together anymore, but previously Davy told he's with a Thai woman.
The cultural impact is again shown in our societies that men should be tall, that is culturally infused.

IDK if it is programmed within us, but different people often think a certain distinct look is attractive. Maybe it's because of ensuring genetic diversity, I simply don't know. I find the most beautiful girls having brown eyes and dark brown hair, because they are the minority here. I also read a report regarding ISIS slavery. The most valuable (sex-)slaves are those with blue eyes and light hair. Because that is a rarity in the Middle-East.

The third point is most likely selfishy genetical. While I find many East Asians or Africans attractive, I want to have children with a white woman. I have no problem admitting this - I want my children to look like me, and not Japanese for example. I think this desire is either programmed in us or culturally forced upon us.

Fourth we have the stereotypes. There is a reason why Indian/Pakistani men are on the lowest ladder in the Western societies. First, they mostly don't have physical features we think as attractive, secondly they are from very patriarchal societies known for oppressing women, and third, their culture restricts interaction between sexes. This is a lethal combination. While Middle-Eastern cultures oppress women too... well... at least they are white.
I find your theory very interesting. I think it's also that we have like a built-in "safeguard" against inbreeding.

I don't know if it's cultural or genetic to want your kids to look like you. Maybe a bit of both? But, I see nothing wrong with that at all (and yes, even for whites it's not wrong before anyone brings up PC), as almost 100% of people worldwide marry and procreate with their own. I don't really feel so strongly about it, probably because my own mother was smitten with yellow fever, but I have the comfort of knowing that any Latino that has procreated with an Asian, the kids still end up looking Latino anyway. Heck I'm 15% Amerindian, and Japanese girls think I'm part Japanese.

Lol what you said about Indians/Pakistanis reminds me of Adi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 02:58 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,189,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't suppose anyone has noticed that threads dealing with the attractiveness of this or that nationality always end up being about the women....? This may come as a surprise to some, but all those nations and ethnicities also have men in their population.

I think it's pointless to rate entire peoples by attractiveness. All populations have their outstanding specimens, their more ordinary types, and unattractive individuals.

That said, Western women seem to be partial to Tibetan nomads (who have significant Indo-Euro/Indo-Iranian admixture from ancient times) and Uighurs (ditto). So I suppose I'd be inclined to say that Inner Asians get short schrift, simply because few people encounter them. They're not a presence on the national consciousness anywhere in Europe or North America, generally.
I think it's because topics like these are all male dominated. I'd love to hear women's opinions, but unfortunately so few, if any, comment in them. In the US, I was surprised to learn that Japanese-American men do extremely well mating with non-Asians.

Never heard of white women being particularly attracted to Tibetans and Uighurs. That's very interesting to know.SO where do you stand?

Old 01-21-2016, 03:36 PM

73,077 posts, read 64,594,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think it's because topics like these are all male dominated. I'd love to hear women's opinions, but unfortunately so few, if any, comment in them. In the US, I was surprised to learn that Japanese-American men do extremely well mating with non-Asians.

Never heard of white women being particularly attracted to Tibetans and Uighurs. That's very interesting to know.SO where do you stand?
I've noticed that Tibetans from a nomad background (as seen in US Tibetan communities), and some Uighur guys I've seen in documentaries, are remarkably good-looking. Also, Kalmyk Mongols (lots of those in New Jersey, and at university in Moscow). Koreans seem to have fared well genetically in that respect, too. But I've run into some very swoon-worthy Indians (South Asians), too. Though percentage-wise, my impression is that those first three groups I mentioned come out ahead.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:23 PM

3,308 posts, read 2,568,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
You're either too PC or can't notice the obvious: "Asian person" is a term used to describe people with slanted eyes that belong to the Asian race. The user above described it perfectly...
No one calls Syrians Asians for instance.
Native Americans from all over the Americas have slanted eyes.

Many times its good to be PC, helps you think rationally.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:24 PM

24,268 posts, read 17,620,300 times
Quote:
I find your theory very interesting. I think it's also that we have like a built-in "safeguard" against inbreeding.

I don't know if it's cultural or genetic to want your kids to look like you. Maybe a bit of both? But, I see nothing wrong with that at all (and yes, even for whites it's not wrong before anyone brings up PC), as almost 100% of people worldwide marry and procreate with their own. I don't really feel so strongly about it, probably because my own mother was smitten with yellow fever, but I have the comfort of knowing that any Latino that has procreated with an Asian, the kids still end up looking Latino anyway. Heck I'm 15% Amerindian, and Japanese girls think I'm part Japanese.

It's not a theory per se. It is a fact that we have a programmed sexual aversion towards our relatives. It can be avoided though, as we ultimately saw in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain. The poor Charles had so few genetic relatives that generations of inbreeding culminated in a total collapse of his genome.

The second one I cannot answer. You might be well be correct. It's an evolutionary hypothesis that fathers want to see their own face in their kids assuring that they are theirs. But it is unproven. There might well be a cultural impact too, and I recognise that. I realise that my son will not encounter any negative comments if he's white, but if he's black, he might. I've never thought about it, but it but might be in our subconciousness.

Yes, might be Adi. Well, as a woman, how would you react to a person not fitting your beauty standards, coming from a very female-oppressive culture, don't knowing Western dating rules and his dad tells you who you can marry? I think there would be so many red flags up there you can't even count.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:01 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,410,206 times
Quote:
Geez Davy, your English is better than mine yes that's what I meant

According to the far left and the SWJs (recently learnt that term) you're "racist" if you're sexually/romantically attracted to your race only. And, yes, I can't give you a source about anyone saying that literally but the hint is obvious and I've witnessed it many times.

My answer btw: It's genetic, not cultural. It's also only racist when you think they're inferior, aka stupid or so.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:21 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,332,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Romanian women
Absolutely.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:45 PM

322 posts, read 228,197 times
In europe many, Baltic States (particularly Estonia and Latvia) in comparison to Russia and Ukraine who get too much credit.

All germanic countries are underrated compared to Sweden (who usually get all credits for pretty women) that is Norwegian, Danish, Dutch , German, Austrians, Swiss (German area), in all those countries women are beautiful.

Slovenes are underrated compared to Hungarians, Slovakians and Czech/Polish.

In the Americas.. Costa Rica, Cuba, DR, are underrated compared to Venezuela/Colombia/Brasil and Paraguay hardly gets mentioned when it has some pretty women aswell..

In Asia? Persians, Lebanese, Israel can have good pockets of goodlooking people, but people often see at east or south-east asia as the nations with pretty "asian" women.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:52 PM

10,294 posts, read 11,748,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor View Post
In europe many, Estonians, Latvians,Norwegian, Danish, Dutch , German, Austrians, Swiss, Slovenes.

In the Americas.. Costa Rica, Cuba, DR, Paraguay.

In Asia? Persians, Lebanese, Israel.
Norwegians, Danish, Dutch and Germans are not underrated.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:57 PM

322 posts, read 228,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Norwegians, Danish, Dutch and Germans are not underrated.
Compared to Swedish people they are. Eastern europeans often claim germans to be ugly or something when there are tons of goodlooking german women. In fact a lot of german women (also dutch) have body type and facial features suited for modeling.

And Danish, Dutch and Norwegians dont get much credit compared to swedish people, when in fact people from those nations arent worse looking than Swedes.

Also russians and Ukranians get a lot of propaganda about being among the most beautiful worldwide when they are pretty diverse populations (same as brazilians) so how they can be all that beautiful if they have so much variation? I find Estonian and Latvian people more attractive in average, but they are far less known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or