U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 PM

154 posts, read 292,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosling View Post
What do Argentinian men look like? Aren't there a lot of Italians there? I think it's the country with the most Italians outside of Italy.
Apparently Argentina has a large number of Italian, Spaniard, and French immigrants. So women who are into those men will love Argentina. Won't say it is underrated since Latin America in general = lively and sexy. I will say that it is under appreciated due to being close to Brazil which gets a lot of hype from Western Media as being a country with extremely attractive women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
I would say Arabic women as an ethnicity are definitely underrated, but a big part of that is their dress (for the traditional women anyways) intentionally makes it difficult to tell.

I would say Indians as a nationality are underrated. The women on their commercials, music videos, and movies could hold their own in any equivalent Hollywood production as far as beauty goes. Big Kareena Kapoor fan.
Funny you mention Kareena Kapoor. I just saw 'Asoka', which was too Bollywood for my tastes, and I was thinking, they could've found a more attractive leading lady. She was too ghostly pale, and her features weren't attractive. There was another character, Devi, with darker features who I thought far more attractive. I don't think they should celebrate the pale skinned, blue or green eyed exotic beauties who look most European, there are many classically Indian looking beauties which are overlooked because they are too dark.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:33 PM

14,304 posts, read 17,919,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
I would not say Indian and Middle Eastern people on average are more attractive than Western Europeans, sure many would disagree with you on that as well. What I will say is that they are a lot more attractive than stereotypes in Anglo culture try to portray them as and deserve that respect.

French women used to be considered top notch? When and where?
The stereotype of middle eastern people is pretty wrong. Sure there are a lot of unattractive ones, but there are a lot of unattractive people in pretty much every race on the planet. The stereotype about people in the middle east is that they're dirty, unattractive, etc. The fact is that there are many attractive there and are very well groomed (men and women alike). If you've never been to the middle east, I think you'd be very, very surprised how seriously they take grooming and beauty in some of the countries. In Lebanon, they're just as obsessed as looks as Hollywood is, if not even more.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, obviously...but to me, yes please. I am glad I am part middle eastern and pass as Lebanese..you'd be surprised how many people think Lebanese people sometimes are actually Spanish, Italian, or Greek.

Here you go, from MTV Lebanon. The host, Mona Abou Hamze, is one of the most attractive people I've ever seen (see beginning of 2nd video for better example):

Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 PM

5,901 posts, read 7,944,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosling View Post
What do Argentinian men look like? Aren't there a lot of Italians there? I think it's the country with the most Italians outside of Italy.

I would say Koreans look the nicest both the men and the women. Also Indian men and women, italian and french women.
argentinian men look kinda italian i would think

Old 01-10-2013, 08:44 PM

Indians can be really attractive, although I have seen some real good Pakistanis too. Actually they're more known for their looks. I remember a friend of mine came to stay with me awhile ago and brought her friend (both Pakistani). Her friend was one of the most attractive people I've seen (and my friend was good, but she was :O). I remember walking down the street with them and a few people were like "oh my god I love Indians" (even though they were Pakistani). Even my 45 year old doorman was saying stuff to me about it.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 PM

Also with Indian people I have noticed something. The ones people in real life consider attractive look more like Latinos and such. Like they have olive or light brown skin, black hair, and brown eyes. See this being true for the men especially.

A lot of the Indians shown here in the US are the darker kind who I find attractive too but I have just noticed that a lot of the lighter complexioned Indian men (and Pakistanis) here in the US have it easy with some races of women. Like White Anglo women will go for all races as long as the person has themselves together (so light or dark Indian, who cares) but some Latinas, Slavic women, and Asian women prefer their partners to be lighter complexioned. So in that sense I have found that Indian men of a lighter complexion have it easy with those races of women.

Knew one Indian guy who had an accent too, fresh out of India, but he was more of the Middle Eastern looking kind of Indian I would say. Guy dated cute looking Cuban, Puerto Rican, Colombian, Brazilian, and Asian girls. Never saw him date any White women though but he said he was never really into them.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,216,951 times
Romanian women
Turkish and Middle Eastern women
French men
British men

Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Romanian women
Turkish and Middle Eastern women
French men
British men
Disagree on the British men part. Most of them are actively promoted and shown as being sophisticated men with smooth demeanor who attract women left to right (EG: James Bond). Also, throw in good accents and the fact that a lot of the big actors even in the US are British (Tom Hardy, Christian Bale, etc.).

Any of the Anglo countries (Canada, USA, Australia, and the UK) are FAR from being underrated, you can make the case for overrated but underrated? No way.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
Also with Indian people I have noticed something. The ones people in real life consider attractive look more like Latinos and such. Like they have olive or light brown skin, black hair, and brown eyes. See this being true for the men especially.

A lot of the Indians shown here in the US are the darker kind who I find attractive too but I have just noticed that a lot of the lighter complexioned Indian men (and Pakistanis) here in the US have it easy with some races of women. Like White Anglo women will go for all races as long as the person has themselves together (so light or dark Indian, who cares) but some Latinas, Slavic women, and Asian women prefer their partners to be lighter complexioned. So in that sense I have found that Indian men of a lighter complexion have it easy with those races of women.

Knew one Indian guy who had an accent too, fresh out of India, but he was more of the Middle Eastern looking kind of Indian I would say. Guy dated cute looking Cuban, Puerto Rican, Colombian, Brazilian, and Asian girls. Never saw him date any White women though but he said he was never really into them.
The Indians in the south are the dark ones, north are lighter. I have a friend from the north of India who used to get mistaken for Mexican almost everywhere he went. I didn't see it, but that's probably because I grew up with Indian neighbors..

Old 01-10-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
The Indians in the south are the dark ones, north are lighter. I have a friend from the north of India who used to get mistaken for Mexican almost everywhere he went. I didn't see it, but that's probably because I grew up with Indian neighbors..
Not exactly Mexican, I have seen them get mistaken for other Latinos to Middle Eastern and in rare cases, dare I say it, even Southern Euros (but these are more rare cases).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or