U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 09:24 PM

154 posts, read 292,656 times

Advertisements

I think the British being unattractive stereotype if it does exist has less to do with appearance but more to do so with attitude. We are so used to seeing the British people as being somehow uptight and condescending towards other nationalities. Not to mention a lot have a superiority complex towards other groups. That alone has stopped me from viewing British people as being attractive but IT IS NOT the physical appearance.

Like overall I have found Europeans who are from Germany, Spain, or Italy to be more welcoming which plays a role too. The British are stereotyped as having this cold demeanor to them which can turn some people off. Also I have found that they are quite set on shoving the whole "mixed race is attractive and everyone else is ugly" belief down people's throats.

Again, it has nothing to do with physical appearance for me.

Let me put it this way, if I was to see an attractive women who was say a brunette with a tan and I found out she was Italian, I would approach her and compliment.

If that SAME EXACT woman was English (assuming I knew), I would ignore her.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,783,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
They are nice. Had a Kazakh girl in a class of mine. I remember thinking she was just Asian, then one day she spoke with a Turkic/Russian accent and then spoke with another guy in Kazakh. Met a lady at a bar a few years ago..same deal, but she's what you describe. Very hot.
Yeah, it took some getting used to... I'm mostly-Swedish ethnically, but am often taken as being Russian - especially by Russian folks. At one of the grocers I'd always go to, there was a very pretty Kazakh gal who was probably around 5'10-5'11 or so, had super-long dark brown hair, and was just stunning... the first few times I came in, she and the blonde Russian girl there would greet me... when the Kazakh girl finally, actually engaged me in conversation, I had to confess that I wasn't Russian; after that, the two would greet me in Russian, giggle profusely, and always give me extra/free portions from the deli.

Also, when I lived on Treasure Island, there was a stunning Uzbek girl who I'd see on the bus frequently. Fabulously beautiful, very graceful and held herself in a way that you couldn't miss. I eventually struck up a conversation with her, and she got a job at my favorite falafel place so I would see her there. We hung out a few times, but I was actually taken at the time... she got sick of waiting and moved on I always hope I'll bump into her when I'm up there... one of those whimsical "if only"'s that you hold onto.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
I think the British being unattractive stereotype if it does exist has less to do with appearance but more to do so with attitude. We are so used to seeing the British people as being somehow uptight and condescending towards other nationalities. Not to mention a lot have a superiority complex towards other groups. That alone has stopped me from viewing British people as being attractive but IT IS NOT the physical appearance.

Like overall I have found Europeans who are from Germany, Spain, or Italy to be more welcoming which plays a role too. The British are stereotyped as having this cold demeanor to them which can turn some people off. Also I have found that they are quite set on shoving the whole "mixed race is attractive and everyone else is ugly" belief down people's throats.

Let me put it this way, if I was to see an attractive women who was say a brunette with a tan and I found out she was Italian, I would approach her and compliment.

That hasn't been my experience with the British at all...

Old 01-10-2013, 11:10 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Quote:
Ya, Indians in general are underrated and in some cases even viewed as ugly, I hear this is in the case in Australia and the UK but can't confirm it myself. Not sure how it is in Europe but here in the US we hardly know about Indians, we think natives when we think Indians lol.

Yet it seems like for Indians, the women get a lot more respect than the men do. I am sure a lot of the Bollywood actors could compete with and even hold their own against international sex symbols.

The Great Gatsby (upcoming movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio) will have an Indian guy playing the role of Wolfsheim.
I don't think Indians are on the whole viewed as ugly here or in the UK.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
She's definitely nice, lol. Argentina is fairly diverse though, so it's possible her grandparents were from Europe? I know a number of German people, for example, are in Argentina. She looks slightly mixed German, French, Belgian, or Dutch and Spanish/Argentine to me. I find a lot of Argentine women beautiful..at least ones I've seen/met.

The woman I pasted is gorgeous yes. She is Lebanese (she's actually Druze too, not Muslim)..the host of a talk show in MTV Lebanon (and she's smart too! And her husband is just a normal guy...Chemical Engineer/Businessman). By the way...that woman? She's 45.
I was thinking Balkans, Greece, Croatia, Romania, so pretty close lol. I do know Lebanese can have blue and green eyes.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:

I don't think it's that, i also think it's partly a generational thing. I remember I think it was the Beatles who said that when they went to America they were struck by how much better the girls looked (looking back on the old videos though I can't tell much difference between the crowds in the US and the UK at their concerts and appearances). Middle aged British women do look more plain, the younger ones look pretty attractive, but when compared to countries on mainland Europe Britain just doesn't compare. The English are a diverse bunch, which works to their favour, and I wouldn't say overall they're ugly.

Least attractive is probably Germany or Austria, but there are good looking ones too. German men might also be underrated, I think Germans just tend to have masculine faces which suit males more.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Yeah, it took some getting used to... I'm mostly-Swedish ethnically, but am often taken as being Russian - especially by Russian folks. At one of the grocers I'd always go to, there was a very pretty Kazakh gal who was probably around 5'10-5'11 or so, had super-long dark brown hair, and was just stunning... the first few times I came in, she and the blonde Russian girl there would greet me... when the Kazakh girl finally, actually engaged me in conversation, I had to confess that I wasn't Russian; after that, the two would greet me in Russian, giggle profusely, and always give me extra/free portions from the deli.

Also, when I lived on Treasure Island, there was a stunning Uzbek girl who I'd see on the bus frequently. Fabulously beautiful, very graceful and held herself in a way that you couldn't miss. I eventually struck up a conversation with her, and she got a job at my favorite falafel place so I would see her there. We hung out a few times, but I was actually taken at the time... she got sick of waiting and moved on I always hope I'll bump into her when I'm up there... one of those whimsical "if only"'s that you hold onto.
Where are these girls from the stans at? I love mixed race women I really should book me a ticket to Kazakhstan or something lol.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Where are these girls from the stans at? I love mixed race women I really should book me a ticket to Kazakhstan or something lol.
This was in San Francisco - there's a small Kazakh community there that congregate around the Outer Richmond and Sunset districts. The Uzbeks I met were also out there... there's a pronounced ex-Soviet community out there in the fog belt.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
This was in San Francisco - there's a small Kazakh community there that congregate around the Outer Richmond and Sunset districts. The Uzbeks I met were also out there... there's a pronounced ex-Soviet community out there in the fog belt.
Interesting. You haven't been to Kazakhstan have you? What do you think of how they're going, especially the new city of Astana?

Old 01-11-2013, 04:41 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,615,596 times
I've always had a thing for British women. The combination of blue eyes and brown hair is what I like best. And always when I'm in the UK I detect more of these blue-eyed, brown-haired women than anywhere on the continent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or