U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 AM

14,304 posts, read 17,933,397 times

Advertisements

I'm going to add another one people might not be knowing of...I think Turkish has been mentioned so far, which of course...a lot of real attractive Turks out there too. There are people in Russia called Tatars, who are Turkic people too (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatars). They have a few states of Russia closer to Kazakhstan and countries like that. They're just as Turkic/Turkish as they are Russian. Check it out. I think they're really beautiful. Girl at 0:54 looks exactly like someone I met in Istanbul last year. Lot o good looking people from the Turkish/Turkic states.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 08:21 AM

4,454 posts, read 5,490,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
British because it has a reputation of being unattractive, which I don't find true at all.
Where did you get the reputation of being unattractive? Was it in the media?

Old 01-12-2013, 11:10 AM

19,865 posts, read 18,321,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
I'm going to add another one people might not be knowing of...I think Turkish has been mentioned so far, which of course...a lot of real attractive Turks out there too. There are people in Russia called Tatars, who are Turkic people too (Tatars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). They have a few states of Russia closer to Kazakhstan and countries like that. They're just as Turkic/Turkish as they are Russian. Check it out. I think they're really beautiful. Girl at 0:54 looks exactly like someone I met in Istanbul last year. Lot o good looking people from the Turkish/Turkic states.

They don't look overly Turkish to me. I have seen many Turks in my life, hardly any of them had light eyes, mostly dark brown or black.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:19 AM

154 posts, read 293,078 times
I think overall Indian and Middle Eastern people take the cake, they are hardly mentioned when it comes to attractiveness polls.

No European nationality belongs on this list since all of them are well respected in the looks department.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:30 AM

Yep. With women in the Middle East and Arabia one does not really think so much of that as many of them wear their Muslim gear. But having been in the Golf, I remember that women there usually have beautiful faces, even if the rest was hidden. The Lebanon is also worth mentioning.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
They don't look overly Turkish to me. I have seen many Turks in my life, hardly any of them had light eyes, mostly dark brown or black.
There are many types of Turks. Remember, the Ottoman empire extended into Europe and even parts of Austria. There are more Arabian turks, more central asian turks, and European turks, etc. I saw a good amount of "white looking" Turks when I was in Turkey about 10 months ago last.

These girls are Turkic meaning they're related to Turkish people, but more so related to people in say Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan, but still related to many, many people in Turkey. One of the girls in the video looks almost identical to one I met at a Nargile cafe who grew up in Istanbul. Turkish people are a little bit more varied than most think. You'd be surprised at how many naturally dark blonde Turkish people are out there. They aren't FAIR skinned, but there are a number who do have dark blonde hair too, surprisingly. Yes, not the norm, but they definitely exist.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:51 PM

Well, I am not saying they are not Turks. What I am saying is that they are not typical Turks. Just like there are blond and light-eyed Portuguese people, but they are not the prototypical Portuguese people. The video (I did not watch it completely, just the first minute or so, then I had enough) kind of distorts reality...

Old 01-12-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, I am not saying they are not Turks. What I am saying is that they are not typical Turks. Just like there are blond and light-eyed Portuguese people, but they are not the prototypical Portuguese people. The video (I did not watch it completely, just the first minute or so, then I had enough) kind of distorts reality...
I kind of agree, but when looking at modeling pics of anyone, spending too much time on their actual hair color and eye color is not important. These things are changed. What's more important is their facial bone structure, which is in line with many people I've met from Turkey, Kazakhstan, and Uzbekistan. You can't fake that stuff, but you can easily modify hair, skin (to an extent), and eye color in pictures. You can't modify bone structure without expensive surgery.

Tatars are more related to people in say Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan overall.

Anyway, I think in general, peoples' views of the middle east are fairly incorrect. You know as well as I do about Lebanese people... There's a lot of very attractive people in the middle east and there's ones who look more European than the stereotype for sure, yet people think they're all ugly, dirty, scarf/turban wearing *******s.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:37 PM

10,293 posts, read 11,696,993 times
North Korean

Old 01-12-2013, 03:40 PM

Hehe, what do North Koreans even look like? Like South Koreans 40 years ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or