Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 03:45 PM

153 posts, read 433,514 times

Advertisements

It would be good if I could have some Europeans answering this thread. I am scared to go to the Europe section since they never really allow these types of discussions, you aren't allowed to talk about other races there at all in anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 03:50 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,905,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
those kinds of Indians are like 0.0001% of the population

I would say the light brown skin Indians are pretty common but most have dark brown skin
I agree, but there are a good number of lighter skinned ones that are not as dark. Most don't look WHITE but some do. This is according to my friend from India who told me there are some light skinned ones in the north and part of Pakistan. He said that most of the darker ones are from the south, which makes sense. My friend is from the North and most people think he's Mexican here if that helps with imagining.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:51 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
It would be good if I could have some Europeans answering this thread. I am scared to go to the Europe section since they never really allow these types of discussions, you aren't allowed to talk about other races there at all in anyway.
Boo hoo

Old 01-17-2013, 10:26 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,438,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
British because it has a reputation of being unattractive, which I don't find true at all.
And the reason I find it untrue is not because they are not physically unattractive. They are, on average. Yet, I do not know of any other nationality that can look so spectacular simply through an air of dignity, spine, poise and just an amazing sense of class - all of this DESPITE being theoretically unattractive, again on average. (Don't point to exceptions to the rule which can indeed be gorgeous).
On average, the British facial features might be "not attractive", but their overall presence is not.

Nobody does "ugly" like the Brits. They somehow can turn ugly into stunningly impressive by just "sitting there - ugly".

I, for example, understand theoretically that Camilla Parker Bowles qualifies as one of the ugliest women out there; and yet, when you look at her overall, the way she carries herself and all the jazz...she just exudes class period. Many Brits manage to do that even without the title.

1000 Megan Foxes put together cannot touch that stratospheric air with a ten inch poll.

The Brits are unique in being able to do "ugly" in the most beautiful ways - and I just find this incredibly fascinating. At the end of the day, ugly or not, they make pretty much everyone else look "lesser" than them - that's their darn amazing talent.

I find the opposite effect with Americans. When you get them down on paper (and remove the many layers of fat where necessary), I find Americans to be one of the most physically attractive people on Earth (yes, Americans of all sorts of races and ethnicities, provided they've been in the US for a few generations).
The mix of genes, something...I don't know what, has resulted in many individuals with very symmetrical and eye-candy type features. And yet, when you take their overall person, most manage to look...hmmm...let's say not at all elegant, gracious or refined. They have some very brutish, unpolished, diamonds-in-the-rough look about them.

Just my input, PC or not.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:25 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
^ Very interesting analysis syracusa. I do think demeanour, personality.etc has a huge impact on how attractive a person seems. I find beautiful but bitchy girls unattractive to a point where they can even seem physically unattractive. An average person dressed in a classy manner, and who acts with class, grace and intelligence beats someone like Kim K who has to buy 'class.'

Old 01-18-2013, 07:32 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
And the reason I find it untrue is not because they are not physically unattractive. They are, on average. Yet, I do not know of any other nationality that can look so spectacular simply through an air of dignity, spine, poise and just an amazing sense of class - all of this DESPITE being theoretically unattractive, again on average. (Don't point to exceptions to the rule which can indeed be gorgeous).
On average, the British facial features might be "not attractive", but their overall presence is not.

Nobody does "ugly" like the Brits. They somehow can turn ugly into stunningly impressive by just "sitting there - ugly".

I, for example, understand theoretically that Camilla Parker Bowles qualifies as one of the ugliest women out there; and yet, when you look at her overall, the way she carries herself and all the jazz...she just exudes class period. Many Brits manage to do that even without the title.

1000 Megan Foxes put together cannot touch that stratospheric air with a ten inch poll.

The Brits are unique in being able to do "ugly" in the most beautiful ways - and I just find this incredibly fascinating. At the end of the day, ugly or not, they make pretty much everyone else look "lesser" than them - that's their darn amazing talent.

I find the opposite effect with Americans. When you get them down on paper (and remove the many layers of fat where necessary), I find Americans to be one of the most physically attractive people on Earth (yes, Americans of all sorts of races and ethnicities, provided they've been in the US for a few generations).
The mix of genes, something...I don't know what, has resulted in many individuals with very symmetrical and eye-candy type features. And yet, when you take their overall person, most manage to look...hmmm...let's say not at all elegant, gracious or refined. They have some very brutish, unpolished, diamonds-in-the-rough look about them.

Just my input, PC or not.
There is NO British look!!! The British are just as diverse in their looks as any other European!!!! The British are no more ugly or attractive than any other Nationality!!! Do you have any idea just how 'diverse' the British population is!?? Do you really believe that all women in Britain look like either Kelly Brook or Camilla Parker Bowles! How on earth can people make ridiculous stereotypical statements like this in the 21st century its just un-believable!!!! You CANNOT say 'Germans are more attractive than Poles' or that 'Americans are more attractive than Russians' for a start beauty is in the eye of the beholder! so therefore what one person finds attractive might just be a bit 'meh' to somebody else! Incidently the most attractive woman I've ever met is from Kent in the UK - that doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of 'mingers' in Kent as well though!!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 AM

syracusa, thats crap. I can give you lots of examples of ugly people from your neck of the woods, south USA. But I'm not stupid enough to think a redneck moonshine brewer is the norm.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:01 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
There is NO British look!!! The British are just as diverse in their looks as any other European!!!! The British are no more ugly or attractive than any other Nationality!!! Do you have any idea just how 'diverse' the British population is!?? Do you really believe that all women in Britain look like either Kelly Brook or Camilla Parker Bowles! How on earth can people make ridiculous stereotypical statements like this in the 21st century its just un-believable!!!! You CANNOT say 'Germans are more attractive than Poles' or that 'Americans are more attractive than Russians' for a start beauty is in the eye of the beholder! so therefore what one person finds attractive might just be a bit 'meh' to somebody else! Incidently the most attractive woman I've ever met is from Kent in the UK - that doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of 'mingers' in Kent as well though!!
Of course there is such thing as "British look." ( You simply might not recognize it, being a Brit yourself)))
Not that ALL Brits fit into this look, ( or rather distinctive couple of different looks) but still overall it definitely exists.
And I agree with Siracusa that in physical sense of it Americans on average probably look the best out of all European people, yet they lack the charm and sophistication of Europeans, which at the end makes them look bland.
Polish women ( on average) do look better I think than German women, and German men look better than Poles when it comes to men.
When it comes to Russians - the more I look at all the available pictures, the more I recognize that they definitely have a huge variety of good-looking women ( of different ethnicities by the way,) comparably to Western Europeans I'd say. However when it comes to Russian men, they don't look too good at all in physical sense of it, but their distinct personalities compensate their looks in many ways, as it is a case with Europeans overall.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:13 AM

Haha Americans on average look better than ALL European people?!

That is hilarious.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:59 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Interesting and I agree in some ways, The US does have a special relationship with Ireland. I guess I was thinking more outside the US.
Even here in Australia and people here don't portray Irish as unattractive especially the women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World