U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 05:30 AM

7,167 posts, read 6,013,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Your Western education is very narrow - specialized. And though many people have 2 higher education in many areas, they are illiterate. for this and the existing European and American education system that allows your governments propaganda to inspire those who are pleasing to this government and most people will believe it. In other words, your western education makes you a zombie. It is possible to manipulate you, so many people are illiterate in many field. This is due to the fact that such sciences as history, geography and political science are not binding.
Lol, thats quite funny coming from a Russian
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 05:44 AM

3,079 posts, read 4,307,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Lol, thats quite funny coming from a Russian
I have no rights? You all know the history, geography and political science? And they are required sciences in your countries? Your education is good but one narrow direction. For example chancellor Germany does not know where on the map is the capital of Germany. As with many of the current members of the American ruling elite vice president of the United States has shown its not a very high knowledge of basic things. example, he said that the United States is currently building a hospital in the city, which he referred to as located in a country such as Iraq. All anything, but the city was called Baku. What is not quite as known in geography, corresponds to the true state of affairs. However, there is an assumption that in fact had in mind such as the city of Basra, which is just what is in this country. Is this normal?
American students are not fluent in the history, geography and art. U.S. Department of Education organized the test, which revealed that more than half of the participants were unable to show the home country on the map.

Only half of the students grade 4 in the correct descending order were able to locate the United States, North America, Los Angeles and California. Only a third of students in the study demonstrated a knowledge of geography, reports "Amitel."

M.Dauns - Professor of Geography, who works at the University of Pennsylvania, called the deplorable situation. He believes that this is due to the fact that in today's schools, teachers give more instructional time to reading and math at the expense of geography, history and other humanities and natural sciences, the knowledge of which is much more difficult to verify through standardized tests. Need more examples?
Американские школьники не знают, где на карте располагается их страна » На грани смеха

Last edited by GreyKarast; 01-15-2013 at 06:12 AM..

Old 01-15-2013, 08:14 AM

541 posts, read 1,175,352 times
Must be very depressing, cold, isolated and grey up there in Kamchatka...

Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham12 View Post
Must be very depressing, cold, isolated and grey up there in Kamchatka...
Isolated and cold?And I'm not in Isolation! This is not entirely true. Our winter is warm enough. Isolations, I often travel outside of Kamchatka.As for dipressii I not affected by this. I'm pretty balanced.Kamchatka and my way of life itself does not contribute to depression.But thank you for your attention.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 01-15-2013 at 09:07 AM..

Old 01-15-2013, 10:18 AM

7,167 posts, read 6,013,471 times
Quote:
Isolated and cold?And I'm not in Isolation! This is not entirely true. Our winter is warm enough. Isolations, I often travel outside of Kamchatka.As for dipressii I not affected by this. I'm pretty balanced.Kamchatka and my way of life itself does not contribute to depression.But thank you for your attention.
I am sure Kamchatka is a lovely place but I do have to say I dont think I could bare to live through a Russian winter! Thats proper cold! I take my hat off to the Russians for the remarkable way they can function through intense cold. The coldest Ive ever been has been Zagreb in December - I will never complain about the winter temperatures in SE UK again!

Old 01-15-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I am sure Kamchatka is a lovely place but I do have to say I dont think I could bare to live through a Russian winter! Thats proper cold! I take my hat off to the Russians for the remarkable way they can function through intense cold. The coldest Ive ever been has been Zagreb in December - I will never complain about the winter temperatures in SE UK again!
Kamchatka winter is beautiful, it really warm, and I think you'll feel comfortable. The reason is a lot of snow. When a lot of snow, then heat. We have winter only a half - two weeks and it's cold Epiphany frosts in February the temperature reaches 32 with minus Celsius. In the remaining time - 2-7 degrees sometimes even 0. If we compare Alaska and Kamchatka, Alaska is in all respects more severe than one. In Kamchatka, more snow. I had the English teacher of martial arts(David), he admired the Kamchatka winter and felt safe.But we must take into account that Petropavlovsk is located in the south of Kamchatka In fact, a lot of myths - that Russia is very cold. even so even in Siberia is not always cold.Was a case of life. At the airport in Moscow. It was the summer temperature is 22-24 degrees Celsius. I see a guy in a warm jacket and a hat - earflaps (in fur hat). I was curious and I asked him why are you dressed like that, he replied that he was from America and came to live in Siberia. He must have thought that it is very cold in July. Lol actually it's even too hot at that time and people walk in just one shirt.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 01-15-2013 at 05:44 PM..

Old 01-15-2013, 06:23 PM

72,676 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Well there were protests by Circassians in London during the 2012 Olympics and Vancouver 2008 games. This is due to the so called "Circassian genocide" that is not recognised in Russia.

Russia's Sochi Olympics awakens Circassian anger - No Sochi 2014

Who were the Circassians? Here a link regarding the history of them.:
The Circassians: A Forgotten Genocide?, by Stephen D. Shenfield
I was just reading about the Cirkasasians (Cherkassy). Some of them live near the site of the Olympic games, it's their ancestral land.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 PM

72,676 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Quote:
Winters on Kamchatka, especially in the south where Grey is, are like winters in SE Alaska. Pretty mild. Due to the warming effect of the ocean. It's not at all like the extremes experienced in Yakutia or Mongolia.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 PM

13,823 posts, read 12,612,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
In the same way that many historians 'condemn' the colonisation of North America or Australia?

Northern Asia, from the Urals east, was not part of the Russian homeland, it was gradually taken over. I have no idea how peaceful/bloody this was, but the lands of the natives were conquered around the same time as European powers were annexing the United States, yet I don't often hear any condemnation about this. It's assumed that this area just 'belongs' to Russia as if the ethnic Russians have inhabited it for time immemorial.
No, because the concept behind Russian colonialism was different from Western colonialism.
As I've mentioned before, Russian approach was to russify the local population as much as possible and to include it in Russian Empire along with their lands. Hence the takeover was gradual and it was not really "bloody," in spite of skirmishes here and there. Unlike Northern Caucasians ( who were already greatly influenced by Islam) the Native people of Siberia didn't mind Christianization that Russians brought with them as well, as far as I remember.

PS. Northern Caucasus is a different story - there Russian takeover wasn't all that peaceful. And I stress again - Northern Caucasus, because Armenia and Georgia ( being Christian countries) actually asked for Russian protection themselves. Azerbaijan, ( being a former territory of Iran) didn't have any particular trouble with Russian takeover either.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:41 PM

20,115 posts, read 21,737,714 times
Quote:
Vladivostok Never Manzhula fiction, He was never China!China has never had access to the Sea of ​​Japan. Until Brezhnev gave them Russian territory. They dreamed about it for ages.As well as the Kuril Islands and Sakhalin not Japanese. Even at Hokkaido no Japanese.
What are you talking about? The two countries even signed a treaty because they were having skirmishes early on. The Qing Dynasty was a Manchurian dynasty and had a pretty strong interest in keeping Manchurian territories.

Here's one of several maps of the territory during the time period:

The Treaty of Nerchinsk had lasted until 1860 when the Russian Empire came in at a fortuitous time while the Qing dynasty was dealing with the Taiping Rebellion and then the Second Opium War, and was compelled to sign one of the only unequal treaty concerns that was never overturned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or