U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 11:31 PM

22 posts, read 35,471 times

Advertisements

The ROK-US Marine Corps are executing a winter training exercise in Pyongchang. The participants of the exercise are the 3MEF US Marine Corps that is stationed in Okinawa, and the ROK 1st Marine Corps. The 3MEF had been participating in winter exercises that was held in Europe or Alaska, but now they are participating in one that is held in Pyongchang. This is for preparation in case of a North Korean intrusion upon South Korea. It is important to be accustomed to the climate and environment of Korea in case of war. Many US Marines have fallen during the Korean War in North Korea, so both forces are well aware of that fact, which encourages them to be more attentive at the trainings.

ROK-US Marine Corps Execute Allied Exercises | IGN Boards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 08:37 AM

878 posts, read 1,119,405 times
I'm pretty sure this isn't unusual for the peninsula. While I was in Korea, they used to show routine news about joint US-ROK exercises via AFKN.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 AM

3,079 posts, read 4,307,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
The ROK-US Marine Corps are executing a winter training exercise in Pyongchang. The participants of the exercise are the 3MEF US Marine Corps that is stationed in Okinawa, and the ROK 1st Marine Corps. The 3MEF had been participating in winter exercises that was held in Europe or Alaska, but now they are participating in one that is held in Pyongchang. This is for preparation in case of a North Korean intrusion upon South Korea. It is important to be accustomed to the climate and environment of Korea in case of war. Many US Marines have fallen during the Korean War in North Korea, so both forces are well aware of that fact, which encourages them to be more attentive at the trainings.

ROK-US Marine Corps Execute Allied Exercises | IGN Boards
Lol it's probably not for Korea. These exercises are for Russia. Do you know where Korea and what there winter?(I'm talking about teaching in Alaska.)Americans in general are not prepared for a sluggish and trench warfare, especially in the winter. Can not adapt to the environment and to the bad conditions. They're used to comfort to life and war, that is not the reality in the war.You do not see similarities with the Cold War? It also initiated and always was America.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 01-15-2013 at 09:09 AM..

Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,730,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Lol it's probably not for Korea. These exercises are for Russia. Do you know where Korea and what there winter?(I'm talking about teaching in Alaska.)Americans in general are not prepared for a sluggish and trench warfare, especially in the winter. Can not adapt to the environment and to the bad conditions. They're used to comfort to life and war, that is not the reality in the war.You do not see similarities with the Cold War? It also initiated and always was America.

This is in preparation for a DRK attack. Yes it can apply to Russia, but their climate and terrain is much different.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:29 AM

20,344 posts, read 20,421,819 times
Quote:
The biggest threat Russia has presented to the US in the last 50 years is probably Yakov Smirnoff.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:19 AM

9,620 posts, read 12,785,952 times
Quote:
I think you need to stop reading Pravda.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 PM

136 posts, read 174,256 times
Quote:
I like how you're so batsh*t crazy that people just ignore your delusional rantings.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:07 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,785,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevike View Post
I like how you're so batsh*t crazy that people just ignore your delusional rantings.
I actually find him to be quite informative. I had no idea that Russia has the best educational system in the world, is safer than anywhere else in the world, has fewer social problems than anywhere else in the world, has never harmed or subjugated any group of any sort, has uncorruptable and graft-proof police and politicians, the most free press in the history of mankind, etc.

Also, without him, I'd have no idea that our government, as well as those of France and the UK, are planning to conduct a conventional war against them, evidently using the exact same tactics that the Germans used to get spanked sixty years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or