U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 12:36 AM

22 posts, read 35,625 times

Advertisements

North Korean authorities are using the CEO of Google, Eric Schmidt's visit to the rogue state as a propaganda, but the North Korea people are cynical of the efforts. The action of inviting Eric Schmidt, even when the country has no thought of opening up the internet, is to beg. In Korean, the word begging is pronounced 'Googul' which sounds similar to Google. The Kim Jong-un's regime is walking a road of international isolation. Yet, they don't try to solve the fundamental problem. They will merely use all their resources into begging for aid not only from nations, but also from companies now. This will definitely look ugly in the eyes of its people.

Last edited by elnina; 01-22-2013 at 12:44 AM.. Reason: Font
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 12:52 AM

14,312 posts, read 17,989,999 times
Typical North Koreans. Why was he there in the first place?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:35 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,751,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Typical North Koreans. Why was he there in the first place?
Umm -- to drum up more high-profit business for his huge corporation, maybe? Typical American. If there is one tree left standing in a forest, cut it down for more profits.

"Google would not be alone in exploring potential business opportunities in Pyongyang. Companies from Switzerland, Sweden, Australia and others are already capturing previously untapped markets."
http://www.mercurynews.com/opinion/c...korea-trip-was

What, in this incident, is "typical North Korean"? The real story made absolutely no reference to the response of North Korea, the OP is nothing but the poster's usual presentation of his own BS about North Korea, not based on any factual information whatsoever. I challenge the OP to provide one single link to any "reaction" by North Korea's government or any citizen. We have no idea what North Korea thought of the visit, nor does the OP, who will never come back and follow up on this thread, nor any of his previous 11 threads, which are all pure crap and his own personal imagination.

The OP is using C-D forums as his own personal blog site, and has nothing to say except his opinions about things that never really happened in the first place.

Last edited by jtur88; 01-21-2013 at 10:02 AM..

Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,268,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Umm -- to drum up more high-profit business for his huge corporation, maybe? Typical American. If there is one tree left standing in a forest, cut it down for more profits.

"Google would not be alone in exploring potential business opportunities in Pyongyang. Companies from Switzerland, Sweden, Australia and others are already capturing previously untapped markets."
Andrea Koppel: Google chairman's Korea trip was good for the U.S. - San Jose Mercury News

What, in this incident, is "typical North Korean"? The real story made absolutely no reference to the response of North Korea, the OP is nothing but the poster's usual presentation of his own BS about North Korea, not based on any factual information whatsoever. I challenge the OP to provide one single link to any "reaction" by North Korea's government or any citizen. We have no idea what North Korea thought of the visit, nor does the OP, who will never come back and follow up on this thread, nor any of his previous 11 threads, which are all pure crap and his own personal imagination.

The OP is using C-D forums as his own personal blog site, and has nothing to say except his opinions about things that never really happened in the first place.
I believe the poster was transferring historical actions onto this visit, which could be wrong, but probably a good place to start when trying to understand the motivations of NK. It is a very fine line N Korea would need to work on if they agree to offer access to the Internet, but it may open up a new governmental agency and create new government jobs. Possibly they are looking at the Chinese model, but I believe they would need to be stricter with control without structural changes to their governmental approach. Maybe the new leader is looking to become a bit more open, which would be encouraging...

Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

What, in this incident, is "typical North Korean"?
Are you kidding me?

"North Korean authorities are using the CEO of Google, Eric Schmidt's visit to the rogue state as a propaganda"

It's called using anything as propaganda. It's typical North Korean response. if you don't understand why I said that, then you don't understand North Korea. They use everything and anything they can for propaganda. Even scoring a goal in the Olympics or World Cup in soccer, even if they lose by 8 goals, they use as propaganda.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding me?

"North Korean authorities are using the CEO of Google, Eric Schmidt's visit to the rogue state as a propaganda"

It's called using anything as propaganda. It's typical North Korean response. if you don't understand why I said that, then you don't understand North Korea. They use everything and anything they can for propaganda. Even scoring a goal in the Olympics or World Cup in soccer, even if they lose by 8 goals, they use as propaganda.

I cannot find a legitimate news source that has reported any position at all quoting any "North Korean authorities" on this visit. Please cite one if you can find one. The Google CEO did not just arrive in Pyongyang on a bus. He was issued a visa, by North Korea's government, after exhaustive inquiry into his purpose for coming to the country. North Korea knew exactly who was coming and what he hoped to accomplish with his state-sanctioned visit. Is the Kim government now issuing blank visas to propagandists to come into NK and disseminate their views?

The Google CEO and heads of hundreds of other companies travel all over the world, all the time. Their visits are never reported in the US news media, but this one WAS. Now, who is using it for propaganda? Please tell me the USA does not use Olympic successes as propaganda. Lord Jesus.

Do not assume that everything (rather, ANYthing) the OP says represents any reality. He presents everything in a unique font, to make it look like a copy/paste of some authoritative report, but he is just making it all up himself and lying in every thread he starts, and never submits any documentation in support of his shrill slanted blog.

Last edited by jtur88; 01-21-2013 at 12:41 PM..

Old 01-21-2013, 02:18 PM

I was citing the OP. In any case, look up any article. They all talk about how they use it as propaganda.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I was citing the OP. In any case, look up any article. They all talk about how they use it as propaganda.
I did. I looked up several articles. None reference any official nor unofficial reaction from the Kim goverhment. I linked to one in an earlier post.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:39 PM

3,719 posts, read 5,877,498 times
They hate us then they use are cars, technology and own versions of our tv shows

Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
They hate us then they use are cars, technology and own versions of our tv shows
What is it about Americans, that all they can think about is who everybody hates. Not all people are fixated on hatred and build their entire lives around who hates who. What do you want them to do, re-invent the wheel and fire, so they don't copy ours?

Americans hated the Nazis and copied their freeway system. Hated the Soviets and copied their space program. Hated the British, and copied their legal system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or