U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 02:53 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,785,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHborn View Post
Regarding your Indian/Arab example, the US government does not tax immigrant business owners for like the first 5 years or something, then when this tax exemption is about to expire, they sell the business to a cousin or something very cheap so they can keep it going. This is why there doesnt seem to be any white people that own gas stations in the US.
Not true.

snopes.com: Tax Holidays for Immigrants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 03:04 PM

775 posts, read 1,563,085 times
Default ahhh man ... this is so messed up...

First of all, "Racism" is a system of oppression ... like Apartheid.
African Americans can be prejudiced and resentful against whites... but there is no system of exclusion based upon economics, employment, nor a political system like the Supreme Court or the Privatized Prisons to institute slavery (new or old version).

Second, it is soooo sad and soooo pathetic and soooo obvious when a conservative Hispanic wants to use black people as a ploy to "get in the car" with whites.

The term, "White" varies in different countries.

Here in the United States, it's traditionally been reserved for, "WASP" ... or "White Anglo-Saxon Protestants."
Catholics could be "white" too... but they had to be from Europe. Spain was in the house, but due to the historical African infusion in the bloodline, they were at times, questionable. Most Latinos simply have had too much "Indian" in them to comfortably be invited into the inner circle. Thank goodness that has changed today.
You no longer see signs that read: "No Colored or Mexicans Allowed."
Civil Rights Movement stopped that.

Now South Americans have, "Whites" and "Blacks" too.
But to the dismay of many Latinos, when they arrived on the shores of North America, their accents and clothes made them guilty of being, "ethnic" and "colored" and most often, they had to find themselves in some point of the line.

Today, Conservatives and Liberals are divided by two filters:

Liberals see everything through the filters of racism and fairness.
Conservatives see everything through Acquiescing to power... and wanting to be a part of the group.

So in the desperation to "get in the car" or some other more devious motivation... like stirring up mess to feel happy or "better than," people are seduced out of their hearts ... and that's what the real dilemma is all about. It's how we got in the social and political messes we're in today.

"Everybody wants to be loved"
Right? No? Maybe??
It's estimated that 85% of Americans are traumatized and over time, untreated trauma turns into Personality Disorders... like Anti-Social Personality Disorder and others who simply can't feel love. Narcissist can't either. Borderlines can be the worst. They are smart and look "normal" ... but they can't feel love either. They can only feel that warm and fuzzy feeling when they've created drama or turmoil.

The issue here isn't what "bad or awful black people are or are not doing."
"Spiritual Health is synonymous with Mental Health." ~M. Scott Peck
Sad truth is that we're ALL African under the skin. We all come from one genetic mother... and she was from sub-Saharan Africa. If we were elephants and alligators, we couldn't procreate together.

So the real issue is .. whatever I see in others is what I see in myself.
Does the original poster see "blacks" as discriminating against her? Why? What's the payoff? More... what's the history?

I'm sure there are millions of "blacks" who'd love to invite her to dinner and call her up on the phone and have a good old time. Why ... WHY isn't that happening??

Old 01-25-2013, 06:54 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,729,915 times
South Africa
Zimababwe
Iran

White people are overall the race with least amount of racism towards them. Many countries around the world see light skinned people as hotter more attractive people. Even homogenous nations like japan seem to like white people more then any race except their own. Its only places in africa where racism is vrey strong against white people. Although racism to white people are everywhere

Old 01-25-2013, 07:05 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,785,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
South Africa
Zimababwe
Iran

White people are overall the race with least amount of racism towards them. Many countries around the world see light skinned people as hotter more attractive people. Even homogenous nations like japan seem to like white people more then any race except their own. Its only places in africa where racism is vrey strong against white people. Although racism to white people are everywhere
Well, in the case of Zimbabvwe and South Africa, a lot of it has to do with institutionalized racism that was largely or entirely intact up until the current generation. It's somewhat different from other nations where it was abolished generations ago.

In the case of Iran... it's more anti-Western than specifically anti-white. Many (most?) of the Iranians I know, especially here in LA, consider themselves white.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:21 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Well, in the case of Zimbabvwe and South Africa, a lot of it has to do with institutionalized racism that was largely or entirely intact up until the current generation. It's somewhat different from other nations where it was abolished generations ago.

In the case of Iran... it's more anti-Western than specifically anti-white. Many (most?) of the Iranians I know, especially here in LA, consider themselves white.
The US government considers everyone of Arabic or Persian descent to be white. Whiteness doesn't stop at the Urals or the Greek-Turkish border or the Strait of Gibraltar

Old 01-26-2013, 10:57 AM

9,992 posts, read 9,455,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Hes still black to me. No i did not mean that.
Funny, white + black = Mixed white and black By cousin is mixed race being half asian...

Old 01-26-2013, 06:26 PM

552 posts, read 593,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Well I heard it from an arab store owner, guess he was full of it.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:05 PM

3,281 posts, read 4,602,411 times
An American girlfriend of mine who is mixed black-Korean parentage (a U.S. military father), and speaks Korean from having lived there, was rejected and snubbed when she tried to go to meetings of an American university club for Korean-American or Asian-American students. They were surprised, like "How can someone who looks like you, be speaking Korean?" and "We won't lower our status by dating or associating with you."

Last edited by slowlane3; 01-27-2013 at 10:15 PM..

Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 PM

3,281 posts, read 4,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
Many countries around the world see light skinned people as hotter more attractive people.
That seems very true in the Indian film industry/Indian movie stars, also with TV soap operas, TV hosts, and news media personalities in Brazil and other Hispanic countries, also with Presidents and national leaders in all Latin American countries and in Egypt. In all these situations, white complections seem to rule.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 AM

195 posts, read 285,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
Many, many African-Americans and Hispanics are very racist against whites. I speak Spanish fluently and am often confused for Hispanic, and all the time I am getting, "Man, I'm glad you ain't white, I f*&%ing hate white people."
I have never heard anybody say that to me or anybody and I'm hispanic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World