U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 PM

15,747 posts, read 11,850,609 times

Advertisements

The few American exchange students I saw while I was still in school (80's-90's) were wearing very cool clothes (baggy pants and jersey), listening to hip hop (not that common in Germany) and wore ball caps.

They were all very popular amongst the opposite gender at our school. Back then, only more wealthy Germans could afford visiting the US, because the $ was about 2:1 to German Deutsch Mark. So everyting coming from there was considered COOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 04:16 PM

261 posts, read 426,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
The few American exchange students I saw while I was still in school (80's-90's) were wearing very cool clothes (baggy pants and jersey), listening to hip hop (not that common in Germany) and wore ball caps.

They were all very popular amongst the opposite gender at our school. Back then, only more wealthy Germans could afford visiting the US, because the $ was about 2:1 to German Deutsch Mark. So everyting coming from there was considered COOL.
German people still freak me out. When ever I think of them I generally think of a foggy place, some random blonde guy with glasses with a stern ambiguous look. I don't trust em.

Baggy pants and Jersey, Hip-Hop music. Sounds very east coast to me. What is (music) common in Germany anyway ? I would like to hear some hip-hop music from Germany--im sure it will give me the chills.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:32 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,843,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke
What is (music) common in Germany anyway ?

Laibach - Tanz Mit Laibach - YouTube

Nena - 99 Luftballons German Version - YouTube

Heino In Junkers Kneipe [4 DVD Sing Mit Heino set] - YouTube

KMFDM - Hau Ruck - YouTube

Quote:
I would like to hear some hip-hop music from Germany--im sure it will give me the chills.

Top 10 German Hip Hop Songs - YouTube

Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 PM

9,326 posts, read 19,030,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Americans wear a lot of high top nike and addidas, uggs and a lot converse now!
I wear Bruno Magli loagers (brown suede), gucci (black) loafers, brown sketcher shoes and in winter I hvae North Face boots. Not a lot of high top nikes here or converse. Uggs.. yes.. it is New england winter.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I wear Bruno Magli loagers (brown suede), gucci (black) loafers, brown sketcher shoes and in winter I hvae North Face boots. Not a lot of high top nikes here or converse. Uggs.. yes.. it is New england winter.

... and a miscellaneous assortment of other Dr. Marten's (I have 7 pairs), another pair of classic shell-toe Adidas high tops, a couple more pairs of Cons (red and black), a pair of Puma Future Cats... etc. I don't have any Nikes - never been a fan of them - and have a pair of Adizero runners I use for training.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 PM

20,695 posts, read 18,679,631 times
There are people here (known as emos) that wear those boots and coverse shoes. Infact they are quite common. We get vans too.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
There are people here (known as emos) that wear those boots and coverse shoes. Infact they are quite common. We get vans too.
Guess I'd be an emo in Ireland? I don't have the hair, though.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 PM

20,695 posts, read 18,679,631 times
Idk. Emos are the weirdos who wear white makeup with pink mascara etc including the boys.

Probably not. I actually have maroon converse shoes and im definately not an emo,

Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Idk. Emos are the weirdos who wear white makeup with pink mascara etc including the boys.

Probably not. I actually have maroon converse shoes and im definately not an emo,
No, no... I don't do the makeup thing. Emos have mostly died out here in the US... they started hitting the underground/indie scene around '02, and became mainstream around 04-05, so it's just sort of passe now. Thank god. Don't get me wrong, I believe in people living on their own terms... but... sharing jeans with your girlfriend? Really now. DJ Assault says it best:

DJ Assault - Man Pants - YouTube

Old 01-28-2013, 10:42 PM

261 posts, read 426,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post

And, here are some male relatives of mine. One was born in the US. One was born in Sweden. One was born in the UK. Can you tell which one was born where?

Has the one in the middle asked about me yet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post

... and a miscellaneous assortment of other Dr. Marten's (I have 7 pairs), another pair of classic shell-toe Adidas high tops, a couple more pairs of Cons (red and black), a pair of Puma Future Cats... etc. I don't have any Nikes - never been a fan of them - and have a pair of Adizero runners I use for training.
And here you are posting pictures about shoes...... I said Has he asked about me yet ?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or