Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city?
Cincinnati 11 22.92%
Munich 37 77.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:11 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,212,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
LOL...how can you even compare these two. I have been to Munich twice and never been to Cincy because it is a ****hole.
Umm not its not at all, Cincinnati is a great city its far less of a ******* then Chicago dangerous crime which had the 500th homicide this year, crappy unemployment, traffic, low quality of life...i could go on and on but the thread isn't about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Umm not its not at all, Cincinnati is a great city its far less of a ******* then Chicago dangerous crime which had the 500th homicide this year, crappy unemployment, traffic, low quality of life...i could go on and on but the thread isn't about this.
Well, how does it compare with Munich?

The answer is not very well as Cincinnati shares a lot of the same problems that many other cities of the US have and while it may be improving or at least not getting worse in recent years, it still has a lot of issues to work out whereas Munich is often cited as one of the most "livable" cities of the world with great social services and safety record, fantastic infrastructure, and a large vibrant urban core without areas to avoid or to be wary of.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Well, how does it compare with Munich?

The answer is not very well as Cincinnati shares a lot of the same problems that many other cities of the US have and while it may be improving or at least not getting worse in recent years, it still has a lot of issues to work out whereas Munich is often cited as one of the most "livable" cities of the world with great social services and safety record, fantastic infrastructure, and a large vibrant urban core without areas to avoid or to be wary of.
Im not even talking about Munich nor was i ever i was extremely upset that a poster from Chicago said my hometown was crap and yes i will defend my hometown....cincinnati

Old 01-29-2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Im not even talking about Munich nor was i ever i was extremely upset that a poster from Chicago said my hometown was crap and yes i will defend my hometown....cincinnati
Then get out of the topic. This is about Munich vs Cincinnati, and it's obvious that Cincinnati has very large quality of life issues when we're comparing it to Munich. You'd probably do your city a lot more good by recognizing that and going to make some kind of change.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times
I know Munich and must say that it is quite overrated. Sure, it is safe and rich, but also a bit boring and kitschy, not to mention too expensive for what you get.
The biggest advantage is that it is great for pedestrians, probably unlike Cincinnati, although I have never been there.
Actually, I don't think it makes sense to compare such completely different cities, Cincinnati is a prototypical US city, Munich a prototypical European city, as such they are bound to be very different.
I don't think they are sister cities because of any supposed similarity.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:28 PM

768 posts, read 879,644 times
You can walk around in Munich safely at night. Same cant be said for Cincinatti. Urban american political structures are corrupt.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I know Munich and must say that it is quite overrated. Sure, it is safe and rich, but also a bit boring and kitschy, not to mention too expensive for what you get.
The biggest advantage is that it is great for pedestrians, probably unlike Cincinnati, although I have never been there.
Actually, I don't think it makes sense to compare such completely different cities, Cincinnati is a prototypical US city, Munich a prototypical European city, as such they are bound to be very different.
I don't think they are sister cities because of any supposed similarity.
Cincinnati could be great for pedestrians, but its inner city does have serious crime and poverty issues. In that sense, and the sense that it has suburbs sprawling out from it, Cincinnati is a prototypical US city, but there's a strong key difference between Cincinnati and many other US cities in that it was developed fairly early in the US's history (it was first boom city of the US interior) back before there was much use of trams, rail, or automobiles so the city itself has large stretches more fitting of old East Coast cities, and to some degree European cities, than the more spread out later cities when it comes to its urban layout. It also managed to keep quite a bit of that even in the urban renewal projects of the latter 20th century US (lots of cities made for walking had those neighborhoods leveled for giant urban housing project towers and for expressways and highways to cut through to downtown).

Old 01-29-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Then get out of the topic. This is about Munich vs Cincinnati, and it's obvious that Cincinnati has very large quality of life issues when we're comparing it to Munich. You'd probably do your city a lot more good by recognizing that and going to make some kind of change.
First i was not the first to get off topic, review the comments on the first page nor was i initially trying to get off topic, yes i know Cincinnati has issues but when a poster said that and he was from Chicago i couldnt help but defend my city.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
You can walk around in Munich safely at night. Same cant be said for Cincinatti. Urban american political structures are corrupt.
Yes you can i do it all the time...

Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM

Crime-Cincinnati
Affordability-Cincinnati
Traffic-?
Universities-Cincinnati
Transportation-Munich
Parks-Munich
Nightlife-Munich
Density-Munich
Architecture-Munich
these cities do not compare at all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World