U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-22-2013, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 10,456,615 times
Reputation: 3716

Advertisements

I don't think you are a troll - but I think you are really playing up anti-americanism and doing a U.S is boss chest beating excercise, probably the things that would TURN OFF your friends the MOST. Your friends are telling you this and you still play em down.

What are you going to do next - post a thread professing the geopolitical love between the U.S and her real allies - North Korea and Iran?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
How could you've tried to rationalize, if you're denying the existence of anti-Americanism?

I expected this kind of response soon enough. Tries to dismiss and ignore Anti-Americanism, can't win debate because facts disagree with claim, finally gives up but tries to label as a phobia ridden outcast while leaving. Typical. Next, I expect to be called a troll. Same old playbook.

 
Old 03-22-2013, 08:01 PM
 
558 posts, read 531,848 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Your argument reminds me of a boss who wants his employees to love him - by force!

Not that I think this is an accurate characterization of reality - just the way you are - not the way things really are.
No one is trying to force anything. Are you telling me that you believe anti-Americanism should be ignored and allowed to fester and grow? Is anti-Americanism something positive in your eyes? To me and most of the world it's negative, and we should want to rid what is negative in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Anyway, somehow I don't think President Obama goes to sleep at night worrying about whether Canadians or Europeans are bashing the U.S on City Data... I hope he is thinking about North Korea, Iran and Some Middle Eastern Terrorist outfits - real threats to security. I also am sure he is thinking about strengthening the bond between his allies.

Now i'm going to drink some wine from Italy and Eat some Chocolates from Belgium and watch a BBC documetary on my Sony Vaio computer, but first i'm calling a friend on my new Blackberry Z10.

nighty night.
As part of foreign policy President Obama is briefed on US perception abroad, which is why the President was made aware of Canada's inferiority complex with the US before his visit.
 
Old 03-22-2013, 08:05 PM
 
16,792 posts, read 9,498,432 times
Reputation: 12163
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
How could you've tried to rationalize, if you're denying the existence of anti-Americanism?

I expected this kind of response soon enough. Tries to dismiss and ignore Anti-Americanism, can't win debate because facts disagree with claim, finally gives up but tries to label as a phobia ridden outcast while leaving. Typical. Next, I expect to be called a troll. Same old playbook.

Same old playbook! You're good with that? A phrase you've used over and over again and you don't realize how oxymoronic you're being with this?

You are what you make of yourself sunshine and I submit you've spent many threads and mind numbingly, boring, repetitive posts building your personna, so you're gonna have to own it.

I'll give you this; you're nothing if not oh so predictably consistant. Still whining.
 
Old 03-22-2013, 08:06 PM
 
558 posts, read 531,848 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I don't think you are a troll - but I think you are really playing up anti-americanism and doing a U.S is boss chest beating excercise, probably the things that would TURN OFF your friends the MOST. Your friends are telling you this and you still play em down.

What are you going to do next - post a thread professing the geopolitical love between the U.S and her real allies - North Korea and Iran?
Of course someone who wants to ignore, dismiss and distract attention away from anti-Americanism believes it's being played up. Typical.
 
Old 03-22-2013, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 10,456,615 times
Reputation: 3716
how do you know President Obama was briefed on this so called inferiority complex. Did you brief him lol?

where are your sources? official sources to prove this perception. Oddly enough quite a few of your fellow CD posters from the U.S also have a perception that Canada has a superiority complex when it comes to social policy and values... looks like we can't win with some of our friends to the south. I had no idea we were ANALyzed so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post

As part of foreign policy President Obama is briefed on US perception abroad, which is why the President was made aware of Canada's inferiority complex with the US before his visit.
 
Old 03-22-2013, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 10,456,615 times
Reputation: 3716
Ok so now that we have identified the problem what do we do to solution it. Recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
Of course someone who wants to ignore, dismiss and distract attention away from anti-Americanism believes it's being played up. Typical.
 
Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 PM
 
16,792 posts, read 9,498,432 times
Reputation: 12163
Crickets......
 
Old 03-22-2013, 08:40 PM
 
558 posts, read 531,848 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Gosh, you seem SO insecure, it's as if your entire self-esteem depends upon knowing that US is the greatest, most awesome, most important, most relevant country ever, lol.
And you seem SO insecure as well, as if your entire self-esteem depends on how much credibility you can take away from a legitimate issue that many Americans encounter everyday, which is why this thread was started. As if you have a chip on you shoulder because the US gets more global attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
What I mean is that the US is irrelevant to people in their everyday lives, apart from a tiny minority that has either a positive or negative fascination for the US (as is true for many countries). The US rarely comes up in conversations, people just aren't that interested in it, as hard as that may be to believe. People care about things that affect them or that they can relate to, which is why the news is overwhelmingly focused on local, national and EU events, and occasionally the US if it concerns something of (potentially) global consequence - such as Presidential elections or international political decisions. I showed you two prominent Dutch news sources the other day, one featured a single headline about the US (in relation to North Korea) and the other had no news on the US whatsoever. Let's see if it is any different today: Snelle duiding bij het belangrijkste nieuws :: nrc.nl Out of all the articles on the homepage, there is 1 about the US and it's about Obama's concerns about Syria after the fall of the regime. About 90% of the articles are national or EU related, and there's a few international ones about the Middle East, Africa and Russia. I'm giving you a reputable well-known news source straight from the Netherlands that shows there is no "obsession" with the US in our media but you refuse to accept it. I wonder why. Must be that self-esteem thing.
Who ever said people from other countries think about the US everyday? I said the US receives more global attention in comparison with other countries.

And as I said before, most Americans are indifferent to whether they are discussed around the world. They are surprised to learn that US media receives more air time in other countries than the reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
People do not watch American movies or listen to American music because because they are American, that's what you don't seem to get. Most people don't even know whether an artist is British, American or Canadian unless they've heard him/her speak - and they don't care. I've never heard anyone say "I don't like that artist because he's American" or "I'm going to watch that movie because it's American".

The Netherlands may not be relevant to the world but it is relevant to its citizens, and that's the point I'm trying to make. You can go to the most "irrelevant" country in the world and you'll find that it is still the #1 priority for the people living there.
Why are you trying to downplay and divert attention away from reality just because you don't like it? I never said they watch American tv, movies, etc because it's American made, I only pointed out a reality, which highlights American influence and relevance around the world.

Most of your comment is an example of the resentment and insecurity some have just because the US is more relevant than their country.

Last edited by drknoble; 03-22-2013 at 09:02 PM..
 
Old 03-22-2013, 08:45 PM
 
558 posts, read 531,848 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Same old playbook! You're good with that? A phrase you've used over and over again and you don't realize how oxymoronic you're being with this?
The phrase fit the context, are you jealous I used it first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You are what you make of yourself sunshine and I submit you've spent many threads and mind numbingly, boring, repetitive posts building your personna, so you're gonna have to own it.

I'll give you this; you're nothing if not oh so predictably consistant. Still whining.
If you align yourself with facts, you'll always be consistent.
 
Old 03-22-2013, 08:48 PM
 
558 posts, read 531,848 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
how do you know President Obama was briefed on this so called inferiority complex. Did you brief him lol?

where are your sources? official sources to prove this perception. Oddly enough quite a few of your fellow CD posters from the U.S also have a perception that Canada has a superiority complex when it comes to social policy and values... looks like we can't win with some of our friends to the south. I had no idea we were ANALyzed so much
WikiLeaks: Do Canadians have an inferiority complex? - Point of View

U.S. warned of 'insidious' stereotypes on Canadian TV, WikiLeaks shows - The Globe and Mail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top