U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:19 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,170,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I think it's that Negativity a lot of people have, they hate the fact that people live happy normal life's so they bash the country to try to make it seem like you live in some sort of hellhole. You can see this attitude mostly in the politics forum, look at this thread suppose to be a happy thread bringing people together Remember we are all Americans. the thread really attracted alotof the Negative Nancys.
This is the world folder, there are many non-US citizens here.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:23 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,170,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
I know anti-Americanism is a lotta work, but try to read carefully before you post.

To what statement did I say what was true? I know you're confused so take your time.
Nope, it's not. It's very easy to condemn the US - on every front.
Remove your blinders.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:25 AM

381 posts, read 740,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
2 months on, and you all are trolling on each other at this point LOL.

I do agree with previous posters, though. The most anti-American people in the world tend to be Americans themselves, almost exclusively living abroad. They also seem to suffer from some kind of insecurity, always seeking approval of their new masters. Oh well, to each their own. I don't live everyday in the fear of what people MIGHT think of me as they pass me by, I just don't give a damn. And, Americans, foreigners don't give a damn what they think about us either. They are too busy trying to feed themselves and/or their families to worry about what Americans are doing in the world today. Let the journalists worry about that

People criticize Americans because the DO things, while Europeans just sit back, relax and b.i.t.c.h all the time. So Europe and the "free world" is just a big and fat parasyte that brags about culture and civilization, but that knows deep down that without the American umbrella they would perish in less than five years.

"If you make a favour to a resentful nation, their inhabitants will record your name in the black book of inequity". As to Americans that put down their own country to gain points abroad, they are very insecure persons with an importat inferiority complex.

I recognize that without the US, we would still be riding donkeys and hitting our women with smelly espadrilles.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:23 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,252,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo666 View Post
People criticize Americans because the DO things, while Europeans just sit back, relax and b.i.t.c.h all the time. So Europe and the "free world" is just a big and fat parasyte that brags about culture and civilization, but that knows deep down that without the American umbrella they would perish in less than five years.

"If you make a favour to a resentful nation, their inhabitants will record your name in the black book of inequity". As to Americans that put down their own country to gain points abroad, they are very insecure persons with an importat inferiority complex.

I recognize that without the US, we would still be riding donkeys and hitting our women with smelly espadrilles.
Lol, dude. You take things way too seriously. Read my post again, I was basically saying get a life, all of you

Old 03-24-2013, 10:01 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,998,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo666 View Post
"". As to Americans that put down their own country to gain points abroad, they are very insecure persons with an importat inferiority complex.

That is the second most stupid comment on the thread. Owen still holds first by a significant margin. Besides no one puts Spain down more than the Spaniards do and that is your right. But if an outsider has an opinion you can bet your aaa the Spanish will tell that person to **** in no uncertain terms.

What is going on here is that I, for one, am not defending what chielgirl says, for the upteenth time I am defending her right to say it. Sheesh can anyone be that dense? Obviously such a concept does not exist in the minds of many Europeans.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:59 AM

2,942 posts, read 4,239,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
That is the second most stupid comment on the thread. Owen still holds first by a significant margin. Besides no one puts Spain down more than the Spaniards do and that is your right. But if an outsider has an opinion you can bet your aaa the Spanish will tell that person to **** in no uncertain terms.

What is going on here is that I, for one, am not defending what chielgirl says, for the upteenth time I am defending her right to say it. Sheesh can anyone be that dense? Obviously such a concept does not exist in the minds of many Europeans.
Trust me, Komodo (or any of his other dozen sock puppets) does not represent Europeans in general. I cringe at the thought of people reading his crazy rants and thinking those kind of beliefs are common in Europe. Unfortunately, putting him on ignore doesn't help much because he creates a new account every month or so. Manolon, Cojoncillo, Torquemation, Komodo... all the same person. I think he's trolling us all tbh.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:08 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,998,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Trust me, Komodo (or any of his other dozen sock puppets) does not represent Europeans in general. I cringe at the thought of people reading his crazy rants and thinking those kind of beliefs are common in Europe. Unfortunately, putting him on ignore doesn't help much because he creates a new account every month or so. Manolon, Cojoncillo, Torquemation, Komodo... all the same person. I think he's trolling us all tbh.

You're absolutely right. I should have my morning coffee before I try to make sense out of his posts. However I don't think he is a troll. Rather I think he has been brought to us by divine intervention to remind us what happens when the inmates try to take over the asylum.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:15 AM

16,833 posts, read 9,575,458 times
Quote:

Tom; we get the difference.

I would however point out to you that you could just now have made the same generalized assumptions about a whole continent that started this whole stupid thread with the inane and inaccurate assumption that "it is cool to bash Americans".

The only proof positive to that assumption so far has been anecdotal stories and one rather idiotic Youtube offering that has been shoved up our noses about 8 times, though it has been shown to be the crap it is, just as many times!

It's those generalizations that bite me; starting with the O/P's stupid and assumptive post and then running amok from there.

WHO says it's an accepted fact it's "cool to bash American's"? Proof please; then let's go from there to define who the hell is bashing Americans and the definition of "bash" then move onto proving a case for either. While we're at it perhaps we should qualify whether it's Americans as individual people we're bashing or America as a country.

There's a big difference between "criticizing" and "bashing". Criticizing can be, and often is, constructive while "bashing" never is.

This thread among many others is replete with examples of how the preponderance of "criticism" is coming from Americans themselves with some such as yourself even defending the rights of folks to do so.

Letting the idiots distract us from these points brings us nothing but shame.

Last edited by BruSan; 03-24-2013 at 11:26 AM..

Old 03-24-2013, 11:22 AM

16,833 posts, read 9,575,458 times
Quote:
You're absolutely right. I should have my morning coffee before I try to make sense out of his posts. However I don't think he is a troll. Rather I think he has been brought to us by divine intervention to remind us what happens when the inmates try to take over the asylum.
BINGO!

I'm the worst at ignoring offerings from the worst segment of posters on these boards. The struggle to ignore one who shall remain nameless and simply give him the recognition he deserves by completely ignoring his posts, is one I have failed at any number of times but we must continue trying to put these cretins in perpsective and assign them a value based on their past performance.

I will make more of an effort at this if folks like yourself continue to pop up occasionally to bring sanity to these inane threads

Old 03-24-2013, 12:42 PM

12,581 posts, read 10,522,064 times
Nobody is always right! Anyway I still can't believe there are people from the State Dept watching boring shows that nobody watches and justifies these for anti-americanism - they are TV shows lol..

Don't you think it is wrong that the government of the U.S is paying people to watch Canadian drama and at the same time cutting Air Traffic Control Centre's and Border Security?

Another thought, when was the last time a gang of Anti-American Canadians broke into a U.S Embassy or Consolate and attacked staff?

I'm baffled at the lack of perspective amongst elements of your government. This lack of perspective harms Canada/U.S relations more than real or percieved anti-americanism which is at most minorly anecdotal and far from practice (economically, militarily and politically). Even the same cable you are so proud of acknowledged that Canada is as good of a friend the U.S could have - so why aggravate that with gossip, rumours and anecdotal nonsense... tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
I commend you for acknowledging your mistake, that's a rare occurrence in these forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or