Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2013, 06:45 AM

2,885 posts, read 5,227,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo666 View Post
Antiamericanism is out of fashion, confined to egghead "progressives" and decrepit "gauche divine" parasites. Antiamericanism lost force in the same measure that the USSR rot way and the US lost drive.
Antiamericanism nowdays sounds very redneckish in Europe, just as anticlericalism. The utterance of some country yokel that wants to appear as "modern", but he doesn't know that he's out of sync.
Canadians and Americans are the Nº1 Bashers in Europe, I mean, most Americans around here are a reincarnation of ancient Vietnam protesters, far left liberals that want to appear as European bashing their own country...and all of them are democrats...
I was wondering when you would show up, lol. A thread as crazy as this one isn't complete without your rants

Old 03-23-2013, 08:16 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,403,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I stand by everything i've said in here. The only thing i'll give you is that cable with the inferiority complex statement in the brief to Obama and even with that I find it overly simplistic and generalized. Most of the cable was actually quite complimentary to Canada/US relations. I also find The State Dept has an unhealthy obsession with CBC imo..actually I think more people from the State Dept watch the CBC than Canadians lol...save for their documentaries the homegrown shows are BORING...

OH brother you're nailing the CBC dead on bro!

You may have hit on why they're still broadcasting at all............ international subterfuge. Who knew?

Old 03-23-2013, 10:05 AM

15,106 posts, read 15,766,919 times
lol - i'm being dead serious when I was reading the cable from the State Dept - they were listing off shows I seriously had NEVER heard of nor had anyone ever talked about in my circle of friends...

For a country that is cutting Border security and ATC centres I find it INSANE that they are paying people in the State Department to watch shows nobody else in the world is watching LOL

I must come out of the closet for my love of the Nature of Things, Doc Zone, The Fifth Estate and The Passionate Eye - they have top notch documentaries and not one mention of them by the State Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
OH brother you're nailing the CBC dead on bro!

You may have hit on why they're still broadcasting at all............ international subterfuge. Who knew?

Old 03-23-2013, 10:43 AM

14,799 posts, read 21,420,288 times
I think it's that Negativity a lot of people have, they hate the fact that people live happy normal life's so they bash the country to try to make it seem like you live in some sort of hellhole. You can see this attitude mostly in the politics forum, look at this thread suppose to be a happy thread bringing people together http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...americans.html the thread really attracted alotof the Negative Nancys.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:04 AM

15,106 posts, read 15,766,919 times
I'm going to ask a bunch of people at work what they think of the U.S and will honestly report back my findings. Maybe i'm just sheltered or blind but I don't aside from shopping at American stores, listening to American Music and watching American Show/Movies - I just don't see the topic of Americana comining up in most discussions either positive or negative - it normally just isn't on the radar and this is why I keep saying that atleast from a Canadian and probably European point of view, the anti-amercanism hype is sensationalized, particulary for most people who don't noodle around in CD forums or associate themselves with political circles in Ottawa or other Euro capitals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I think it's that Negativity a lot of people have, they hate the fact that people live happy normal life's so they bash the country to try to make it seem like you live in some sort of hellhole. You can see this attitude mostly in the politics forum, look at this thread suppose to be a happy thread bringing people together http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...americans.html the thread really attracted alotof the Negative Nancys.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:13 AM

381 posts, read 947,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindavg View Post
i was wondering when you would show up, lol. A thread as crazy as this one isn't complete without your rants

jawolh, euroreich liebenstandarten!!!!

Old 03-23-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo666 View Post
jawolh, euroreich liebenstandarten!!!!
Is that supposed to be German?

Old 03-23-2013, 12:24 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,371,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Is that supposed to be German?

I dunno. I tried to google it, but that post right there is all google could come up with lol

Old 03-23-2013, 12:31 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,420,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I dunno. I tried to google it, but that post right there is all google could come up with lol
Google translate detected German, translation to English says: jawolh, rich love euro stood species

Old 03-23-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Google translate detected German, translation to English says: jawolh, rich love euro stood species
Makes as much sense as all his other posts on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World