U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New York City vs Seoul
Seoul 13 32.50%
New York City 27 67.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:19 PM

3,719 posts, read 5,818,935 times

Advertisements

Hi, i am interested in these two cities and want to know the best option. The two are extremly similar but i want to get down into the details with you guys Have fun!

Dining/Cuisine:

Culture (Museums, Art.etc):

People (Friendliness.etc):

Cost of living/Livability:

Amenities:

Tourist attractions:

Scenery:

Climate:

Urban layout:

Parks:

Public transport/road infrastructure:

Architecture:

Streetlife:

Entertainment/Nightlife:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 03:35 PM

9,610 posts, read 12,679,139 times
Since I've already lived in NYC and haven't been to Korea before, if you asked me right now which one I'd like to go to and/or try living in for a few months, I'd say Seoul.

However, that said, considering my long-term pursuits are art and music, the latter of which I perform in a style that likely wouldn't appeal to the majority of Koreans... I'd take NYC in the long term.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:31 PM

6,406 posts, read 7,571,182 times
Seoul (as my custom title suggests) may perhaps be my favorite city in the world and I haven't even been yet. For now, it's New York as my personal favorite but Seoul is one place I'm killing to visit and potentially live in one day (even if it means living there for the rest of my life).

Old 01-28-2013, 04:48 PM

Well, I'd definitely find the average woman in Seoul more attractive. I love Korean gals Korean nationalism can get to be a little obnoxious, but I have a massive amount of respect for their culture and history.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Well, I'd definitely find the average woman in Seoul more attractive. I love Korean gals Korean nationalism can get to be a little obnoxious, but I have a massive amount of respect for their culture and history.
Same.

I'm largely into Korean, Japanese, Thai, and Malaysian girls. All of my previous flings have been to one of the three (Japanese excluded, but I'm still attracted to them). I also agree with their culture, I'm not so much into history (for anywhere really) but I'm just so into Korean culture and technology. Like almost to the point of obsessed.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:04 PM

Have you seen koreabang.com? It, along with sister pages chinasmack.com, russiaslam.com, and japancrush.com are pretty cool and interesting reads.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Have you seen koreabang.com? It, along with sister pages chinasmack.com, russiaslam.com, and japancrush.com are pretty cool and interesting reads.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:46 AM

878 posts, read 1,110,698 times
I agree seoul is an interesting city, but if you're moving there with a view to getting tang, you're in for some disappointment. Korean girls (at least the vaguely attractive ones) are notoriously materialistic and/or conservative as a general trend. If you aren't minting money for a living, you'll be as transparent to them as a ham sandwich at a jewish festival.

Testimonially at least, the property of financial power no longer holds true for "western" men in their eyes, largely thanks to increasing media perception of a bankrupt and insolvent west. Life can be a big B, eh?

Last edited by MissionIMPOSSIBRU; 01-29-2013 at 04:55 AM..

Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionIMPOSSIBRU View Post
I agree seoul is an interesting city, but if you're moving there with a view to getting tang, you're in for some disappointment. Korean girls (at least the vaguely attractive ones) are notoriously materialistic and/or conservative as a general trend. If you aren't minting money for a living, you'll be as transparent to them as a ham sandwich at a jewish festival.

Testimonially at least, the property of financial power no longer holds true for "western" men in their eyes, largely thanks to increasing media perception of a bankrupt and insolvent west. Life can be a big B, eh?
I've heard this as well, and LA's Koreatown sort of reflects that. I lived in K-town when I first moved to LA in '02, and though to a large degree the Korean community here kept to itself, I met tons of young Korean or Korean-American gals who were interested in dating, and got flirted with when I went out from time to time. Now, Koreatown is bigger, cleaner, and newer... if functions nearly autonomously from the rest of LA and on a fairly high level compared to what it used to, and that's because of Korean money. It used to be fairly common to see Korean-white couples at the supermarket, but not as much anymore, and if you do, they're usually middle-aged or older; I think that there's once again more social pressure to date and marry Korean, and there are more Korean guys to go around than there were... and chances are better they have money, probably better than the chances of a guy from Cleveland who lives in Hollywood, trying to act while taking extension courses or screenwriting at LACC.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:14 AM

770 posts, read 700,978 times
Never been to seoul, but i doubt its more varied and interesting than NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World