U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 11:55 PM

1 posts, read 477 times

Advertisements

I am just testing the water for an idea I have and would appreciate some feedback from fellow planners. I am based in Oxford (England) and want to set up a business providing training for professional planners from all over the world. The training would be from 3 days through to 6 months. The courses would be bespoken and would cover all matters of current interest to planners. OK I know there are institutions or private bodies providing such training but often they are unable to provide the logistical support required (this would include accommodation, travel and documentation). The idea would be to offer a one-stop-shop environment to which interested persons or bodies could go to from which all aspects of their visit would be coordinated. It would also be my intention to bolt onto the planning training any elements that the clients might require, for instance, English language courses, or sightseeing and so forth. The clients for these courses would be companies or institutions or indeed universities sending undergraduate planning students but I also foresee individuals being able to secure places as long as adequate numbers applied for each course. I was involved in running such a course for the University of London that had 10 senior officials from the South Korean National Housing Corporation that visited London for a year. Part of the course involved English Language training, part an analysis of European planning systems and part was an induction into the British way of life involving a visit to a football match, attendance to a Shakespeare play, a night at the opera, weekend walking trips along the White Cliffs of Dover and so forth. The course was a great success but it was really just a one-off. I could go into much more details but just wanted to hear initial thoughts. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 05:28 AM

30,351 posts, read 31,219,942 times
You might want also post to this on the Education forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or