U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-10-2013, 05:26 PM
 
333 posts, read 240,874 times
Reputation: 136

Advertisements

Okay, here's another one I thought I'd throw out there.

I read this description someone wrote as to his observations of what Italian people are like and it pretty much rings true when it comes to describing me and my personality.

Robert has touched on this issue as have a few others. For those of us out there who are "colorful" and proud of it, finding someone compatible to date is an uphill battle.

=========

What is the Italian peoples attitudes like?

As I have lived and worked in Italy for few years and many Italians that I have met in outside Italy, I always liked them and I can tell you for sure that they are different, I mean you easily can tell the difference from other white people. they are crazy, cool, friendly and fun. they always come up with crazy ideas, they are up to no good but at the same time the most honest people you have ever met, they are reliable. when it comes to art and creativity they are the master. they joke a lot, they like secrets and they are kind of secretive people, you should never mess with their families (or them), they appreciate your favor and they always return the favor back...


A second one that also resonates a little with me:

The Italians like most people from the Mediterranean are very temperamental characters. They seem to like to argue and use their hands for gestures while they speak to make their point more dramatic. They can be quite violent and throw things around when angry and condemn others then suddenly calm down and be loving the next moment. ... Italians genereally come across as quite bold people, and may seem arrogant and quite full of themselves. They usually have loud personalities, and are not afraid to argue or share their opinions. When you get to know an Italian though, you will find that they are very trustworthy, and can be relied on for most things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-10-2013, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque, NM
13,295 posts, read 12,343,222 times
Reputation: 6622
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
What is the Italian peoples attitudes like?

As I have lived and worked in Italy for few years and many Italians that I have met in outside Italy, I always liked them and I can tell you for sure that they are different, I mean you easily can tell the difference from other white people. they are crazy, cool, friendly and fun. they always come up with crazy ideas, they are up to no good but at the same time the most honest people you have ever met, they are reliable. when it comes to art and creativity they are the master. they joke a lot, they like secrets and they are kind of secretive people, you should never mess with their families (or them), they appreciate your favor and they always return the favor back...
Uhhh...

...pretty generic.

Could apply to anyone of any nationality I would imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2013, 05:30 PM
 
333 posts, read 240,874 times
Reputation: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Uhhh...

...pretty generic.

Could apply to anyone of any nationality I would imagine.
Not really. I live in WASP country and I don't know that I would describe most garden-variety WASPs as crazy and colorful, at least not like Mediterraneans are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2013, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
39,046 posts, read 37,675,762 times
Reputation: 73661
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Uhhh...

...pretty generic.

Could apply to anyone of any nationality I would imagine.
Yep, and lots of rednecks I know too.

Next ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2013, 05:32 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque, NM
13,295 posts, read 12,343,222 times
Reputation: 6622
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
Not really.
Yes, really.

So there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2013, 05:35 PM
 
333 posts, read 240,874 times
Reputation: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Yes, really.

So there.
LMAO. Yeah, right. Nothing like sitting at a table for hours on end with those crazy Methodists to keep me entertained.

Trust me. I know what I speak of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2013, 05:39 PM
 
Location: Viña del Mar, Chile
16,416 posts, read 25,200,334 times
Reputation: 16464
I've dated so many ethnicities, Africans, Peruvians, Brasilians, Colombians, Indians, White and while there are certain differences.. all can be friendly, all can be mean and all can be boring and all can be fun.

You could date the funnest arab in the world, but it doesn't mean you can then go out and say arabs are the funnest girls in the world to date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2013, 05:41 PM
 
333 posts, read 240,874 times
Reputation: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I've dated so many ethnicities, Africans, Peruvians, Brasilians, Colombians, Indians, White and while there are certain differences.. all can be friendly, all can be mean and all can be boring and all can be fun.

You could date the funnest arab in the world, but it doesn't mean you can then go out and say arabs are the funnest girls in the world to date.
I agree with that, but "white and entertaining" is not something I've run into a lot. It's fairly common to be around funny ethnic types. Just look around at you next time you go out to dinner. Most of the white people are quiet and subdued. The only people laughing are the ethnic types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2013, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
39,046 posts, read 37,675,762 times
Reputation: 73661
Congrats, 7/11. You're crazy, cool, friendly and fun! So are tons of other people.

And if you don't think Baptists like to throw things and use their hands when they argue, you haven't watched enough Georgia episodes of Cops.

What are you hoping to accomplish here???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2013, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque, NM
13,295 posts, read 12,343,222 times
Reputation: 6622
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
Trust me. I know what I speak of.
I don't think that you do.

I've sat across from plenty of crazy, cool, friendly and fun people who weren't Italian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top