U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,178 times

Advertisements

I'm guessing there is already a thread on here, but I'm new so I haven't found it yet. I'm currently a sophomore in college and really can't stand it. I want a change, my life has been so static through my first 20 years. Does anyone know of a good country/place to move to for a few years for a younger guy like me? Somewhere I can get a simple job at a local place maybe a restaurant, I don't know. Pretty ladies, of course. Low to mid cost of living. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 PM

21,028 posts, read 25,857,224 times
No job skills, not enough education, cheap job in a cheap place.

Don't think the pretty ladies are going to be thrilled about you.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:03 PM

9,033 posts, read 8,386,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naesken View Post
my life has been so static through my first 20 years

Here's an idea: study as hard as you can, finish college as soon as you can, get the best-paying job possible, work hard for 30 years, then you can retire while you're still relatively young -- and you won't be stuck in a low-paying, dead-end job, looking back at the 30 years you wasted because you were so bored when you were 20.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:43 AM

30,384 posts, read 31,261,031 times
It can be quite difficult to move to another country without a work permit/visa even to do a low level paying job.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:02 AM

878 posts, read 1,121,350 times
Agree with most of the comments here regarding focussing on your education for the time being. Build up a strong financial foundation before travelling -- that'll protect you from any unpleasant surprises or contingencies in your ventures abroad.

I occasionally come across homeless people from the usa who had come to the uk to begin a new life. They'd end up losing their safety nets, broken relationships etc. Eventually to be stranded in the country without money, friends or relatives.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:35 PM
JL

7,314 posts, read 11,491,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naesken View Post
I'm guessing there is already a thread on here, but I'm new so I haven't found it yet. I'm currently a sophomore in college and really can't stand it. I want a change, my life has been so static through my first 20 years. Does anyone know of a good country/place to move to for a few years for a younger guy like me? Somewhere I can get a simple job at a local place maybe a restaurant, I don't know. Pretty ladies, of course. Low to mid cost of living. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
so what you really want to know is if it is better to be homeless in America or abroad..

Old 02-23-2013, 04:47 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,596,526 times
dont pay attention to these jokers, they are clueless. being broke/homeless is a temporary problem and not a big deal at all, i'd be willing to bet none of them have ever been homeless themselves. it's not really a big risk anyway, so not worth worrying about.

anyways, you're going to need start up capital if you decide to move, so that should be your primary focus right now, finding ways to make and save more money. you can work out all the minor details once you make the move. you can find low paying work in most countries in the world, although admittedly a degree will help (especially in countries where ESL jobs are common).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or