U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 05:34 AM

22,198 posts, read 22,475,397 times

Advertisements

I like European trance artists like Armin van Buuren.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 07:53 AM

878 posts, read 1,123,199 times
Irish and scandinavian folk music, and folk rock.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:02 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,751,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
; /
Not sure on how to really say it but some of it (to be generous) didn't really sound all that...Inspirational.
Some of WHAT? We're still trying to figure out what you are talking about. Can you make a reference to something beside "it", to give us a clue? Like, try using real nouns.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:47 AM

6,041 posts, read 10,398,440 times
Authentic traditional ethnic music occasionally seems ambiguous and could indicate plenty of music genre styles depending on country.

My favorites for that kind of music in particular is from India, Thailand, Japan, France, Italy, Spain, and Brazil.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:54 AM

9,992 posts, read 9,495,364 times
Quote:
; /
Not sure on how to really say it but some of it (to be generous) didn't really sound all that...Inspirational.
Well thats your opinion not just the US that created good music.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 PM

11,269 posts, read 12,527,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The Canadian Mounties song brought to mind this classic from MST3K

AH HA HA HA!!! Man, I miss that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Well thats your opinion not just the US that created good music.

Meh. RumNCoke is probably one of those people who thinks all those British Invasion bands are actually American, all the great artists/bands/actors that came out of Canada are American, gets all of his/her history from inaccurate Hollywood movies, and is part of the "if it wasn't for us, you'd be speaking german right now" crowd. Let's not forget that this is the same person who apparently just crawled out from under a rock, and claimed Americans do NOT, in any way, shape, or form, share in the fun of poking fun of others with the rest of us, dispite the evidence of the awesome youtube link jtur88 posted, where they totally thrash Canada.

Ah well. Thankfully, not a representative of the vast majority of the US population.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:04 PM

261 posts, read 426,143 times
You guys are so defensive (HIGH STRUNG!). Talk about bringing out the torch and fire sticks out at even the slightest idea that someone just may not find your home countries particular music all that invigorating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
And listening to you makes me understand why this thread was created!

Why is it cool to bash Americans ?

Oh and guess what........... the thread was created by you! Well you have your answer.

Ignorant, some of the best music currently and in history comes from the UK.
My thread still stands tall and raises question to an unnecessary resentment.

I never mentioned nor hinted that some decent music has never come from any place else. I know for a fact that I love some of the bands that have come over from the UK. However, to be fair and to stay on topic with the current discussion. You asked about tradition music other than the US. So ya sure many of those bands that came over from the UK and made great songs but they were essentially singing American Style music. Yep. Im so sorry but Rock and Roll is American. And to be fair even when they sing their songs they sing with an American accent. The only person who retains their accent when singing would be Sophie Ellis-Bextor and shes a pop (which is still essentially an American created sound of music) singer. Sorry if any of that sounded rude but it is true. I feel so sorry for you. ; /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

Meh. RumNCoke is probably one of those people who thinks all those British Invasion bands are actually American, all the great artists/bands/actors that came out of Canada are American, gets all of his/her history from inaccurate Hollywood movies, and is part of the "if it wasn't for us, you'd be speaking german right now" crowd. Let's not forget that this is the same person who apparently just crawled out from under a rock, and claimed Americans do NOT, in any way, shape, or form, share in the fun of poking fun of others with the rest of us, dispite the evidence of the awesome youtube link jtur88 posted, where they totally thrash Canada.

Ah well. Thankfully, not a representative of the vast majority of the US population.
*Defensive Shield ACTIVE!* Why make so many assumptions ? Slippery Slopes much.

Do not worry tho I still do like you guys. In fact I would probably hug you if I meet you!

Old 02-23-2013, 06:11 PM

11,269 posts, read 12,527,701 times
Quote:

*Defensive Shield ACTIVE!* Why make so many assumptions ? Slippery Slopes much.

Do not worry tho I still do like you guys. In fact I would probably hug you if I meet you!
Oh, you a geek too? Okay, we can be friends. lol

Old 02-23-2013, 06:16 PM

9,992 posts, read 9,495,364 times
Spread the love

Old 02-23-2013, 06:25 PM

261 posts, read 426,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Oh, you a geek too? Okay, we can be friends. lol
I am a geek! If it accounts for much I have paid my dues. I have raided in WoW and now im playing League lol. And yes I am very friendly--I like everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or