U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 03:14 PM

6,266 posts, read 6,098,121 times

Advertisements

Not me.
When I took an anthropology course, I learned cranial capacity is a crucial feature for archaic humans.
So I wonder how it is related to modern humans.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:00 PM

20,344 posts, read 20,415,914 times
probably needs a little head

Old 02-26-2013, 11:22 PM

4,580 posts, read 5,808,661 times
Even tho' I'm 6'1, I'm still the shortest guy in my large family, but I wear the largest hat size. Never have figured that one out.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 AM

7,778 posts, read 9,605,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Calm down. Photos are for fun obviously. Who would use a couple of photos to draw a conclusion.
Why are you so angry? weird.
There, there, dear. Feel better?

Old 02-27-2013, 09:27 AM

7,167 posts, read 6,010,671 times
Im pretty sure that white people all have different sized heads! like many other threads on here this has got to be stereotyping at its best (worst) - actually thinking about it this is a new stereotype to me so perhaps its not a stereotype at all!! The only thing you can say thats definitive about white people is......well that they have pale skin lol.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:29 PM

607 posts, read 1,956,513 times
Its because asians evolved to have more child like features, they have bigger torso and shorter extremities compared to a caucasian of the same height, usually larger and broader heads, caucasian heads are more pronunciated backwards and usually sharper, same for the facial features.

Some eastern europeans might have larger heads, like polish, russians and ukranians, but no surprise gengis khan left a little blood running among them, look at western europeans like the dutch, belgians, french, spanish, italians, etc, they have on average much smaller heads (considering their heights) compared to east asians, specially koreans (damn huge heads that look square like a block). The most western europeans have usually the less big heads, the ones with less eastern european or cromagnoid admixture.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Its because asians evolved to have more child like features, they have bigger torso and shorter extremities compared to a caucasian of the same height, usually larger and broader heads, caucasian heads are more pronunciated backwards and usually sharper, same for the facial features.

Some eastern europeans might have larger heads, like polish, russians and ukranians, but no surprise gengis khan left a little blood running among them, look at western europeans like the dutch, belgians, french, spanish, italians, etc, they have on average much smaller heads (considering their heights) compared to east asians, specially koreans (damn huge heads that look square like a block). The most western europeans have usually the less big heads, the ones with less eastern european or cromagnoid admixture.
I haven't noticed W.Europeans haven't particularly small heads overall compared to others. I also see plenty of Asians with very small heads. Honestly don't see much of a difference. Maybe Asians have lighter builds so it looks they have bigger heads?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:46 PM

607 posts, read 1,956,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I haven't noticed W.Europeans haven't particularly small heads overall compared to others. I also see plenty of Asians with very small heads. Honestly don't see much of a difference. Maybe Asians have lighter builds so it looks they have bigger heads?
Asian frames are larger on average compared to caucasian ones, Im talking about 2 persons of similar heights, but shorter extremities. Im talking about East Asians, specially Koreans, they have the biggest heads I've ever seen, on the other hand the more nordic western europeans have smaller or more slender type of heads specially dutch, flemish belgian and northern french. Spanish, Italian, etc have quite longer heads, but not huge or massive like east asians, whose kings are koreans followed by northern chinese.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:59 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Asian frames are larger on average compared to caucasian ones, Im talking about 2 persons of similar heights, but shorter extremities. Im talking about East Asians, specially Koreans, they have the biggest heads I've ever seen, on the other hand the more nordic western europeans have smaller or more slender type of heads specially dutch, flemish belgian and northern french. Spanish, Italian, etc have quite longer heads, but not huge or massive like east asians, whose kings are koreans followed by northern chinese.
Where'd you get that form? From personal observation it seems Asians have more slender builds, but it would depend on height. I've noticed the more northern E. Asians like Mongolians, some Chinese, Koreans also tend to have stocky limbs. Europeans can too, especially say Greeks and Italians.

I think it's mostly an optical thing though. There might be slight differences but they are exaggerated by other factors.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:34 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,783,261 times
... this is one of the weirdest, most all-over-the-map discussions I've seen on the physical traits of different races here.

Today I was walking around and saw a 6'2 white woman with hips that were probably two and a half feet wide and legs that came up to my navel even though I'm the same height, and her friend was a white woman who was about 5'0 and petite. They walked past a white woman who was about 5'6 and chubby. The girl who rang me up at the store down the street was about 5'4 and has a slight build but is fairly curvy over that frame.

I know an Asian girl who's 5'7 and slender. I know another who's 5'2 and has a "fertility goddess" body with wide hips, big thighs, and large breasts. I know another who's less than 5'0, weighs about 85 lbs, and can fit both her feet into one of my shoes with room to spare. And another who's about 5'5 and has a build that's "average" in every sense of the word. They're all ethnically Han Chinese.

I don't understand how people can't accept this in this day and age...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or