Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2013, 08:39 PM

824 posts, read 3,602,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I know EXACTLY where Morocco is thank you very much! I will try and put things more simply - the pictures you post of pale red heads is NOT a good representation of British people!!!! If you think that is what an 'average' Briton looks like then I am afraid you are VERY mistaken!! How do I know? Because I LIVE here that's how, to be honest with you I find what you say to be born out of nothing other than old stereotypical nonsense - the fact that you aren't even European let alone British begs the question - why are you so hung up on British racial make-up?

He is defensive about people not considering Britain as nordic/germanic/blonde as the rest of northern europe.

He always post pictures of redheads despite making up not more than 7% of whole british Isles.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:56 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,468,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
He is defensive about people not considering Britain as nordic/germanic/blonde as the rest of northern europe.

He always post pictures of redheads despite making up not more than 7% of whole british Isles.
You have more issues though. Saxonwold is just posting in relation to other people's posts and always backs up what he says with scientific studies. You though have some pathological issue with British/Irish/American/Australian basically any English speaking nation. You don't have any real knowledge of these countries you speak about but no matter what the subject is on City Data will say something of a derogatory nature about these countries. You are so predictable that what you say has no weight because your prejudice is so obvious.

There is no merit in what you post because it all comes from your own personal agenda. You can't backup what you say but Saxonwold can.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:12 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,424,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post

Yes there goes your famous agenda which in fact I've exposed. I'm not being defensive, I am just telling it like it is. You and Don Caballero due to your anti-English-speaking people feelings and ideologies were trying to spread lies about British Isles people and their descendants elsewhere in America/Australia as non-Northern Europeans, portray them as ugly people and your other childish nonsense. I came up with the truth of course backed-up by scientific facts! It doesn't matter if I post pictures of redheads since they are much more common in the British Isles than elsewhere in Europe anyway, that's a fact proven by science. There are even many more British/Irish people who are carriers of the red-head gene. In terms of numbers, the country with the most red-heads is the U.S. 6 to 18 million people! This is due to many people having British Isles ancestry now that's a fact. Another reason for me posting redheads, is to explain that Northern Europe has the highest frequency of hair, eye, skin depigmentation, one which tends to blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin is commonest in Scandinavia and Estonia particularly. The other is less common, because it's more recessive genetically, tends to red hair, blue/green eyes, an even fairer skin is commonest in the British Isles. This never meant that everyone in those regions are like that, but it's more common there, that's all! If you don't know anything and cannot back it up, it would better to hush and learn. The thing is, that I have defended my points well enough, all you do is quoting things with no foundation! As I've already quoted so many times, the majority of the British population as a whole has brown hair of various tones, that's a fact. Not all Northern Europeans have blonde hair and blue eyes, but many do and brown hair is still quite common. If you do not understand my quotes, I would recommend you to take up some more English comprehension courses. I'm now doubting that you are in fact a German, because you would have known that there many Germans who have dark hair as well, not all are blonde and blue-eyed. Unless you're a blinded Neo-Nazi!

There is a German woman with dark hair, is she "less Germanic" than those who are blonde? What does you blonde ideology based on nothing tells you?

Old 09-22-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I know EXACTLY where Morocco is thank you very much! I will try and put things more simply - the pictures you post of pale red heads is NOT a good representation of British people!!!! If you think that is what an 'average' Briton looks like then I am afraid you are VERY mistaken!! How do I know? Because I LIVE here that's how, to be honest with you I find what you say to be born out of nothing other than old stereotypical nonsense - the fact that you aren't even European let alone British begs the question - why are you so hung up on British racial make-up?
I'm an American of European ancestry and I never said the red-headed girl complexion was the "average" for British people, rather that her complexions would more common among people of British descent than any other. I don't care if you live there, that doesn't mean you would have a knowledge about skin phenotypes, it shows you are uneducated on those matters! Is the BritishDna Project stereotypical nonsense? I always back-up what I say, unlike you who don't even know anything let alone genetics, that's too hard for you to understand. It's like speaking about the quantum theory to a wall! People of British ancestry don't only live in Britain, I have relatives in Britain as well. Anyway, that is not the point. The fact is that the lightest skin phototypes are commonest among people of British/Irish ancestry. [/quote]

Old 09-22-2013, 02:58 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
I'm an American of European ancestry and I never said the red-headed girl complexion was the "average" for British people, rather that her complexions would more common among people of British descent than any other. I don't care if you live there, that doesn't mean you would have a knowledge about skin phenotypes, it shows you are uneducated on those matters! Is the BritishDna Project stereotypical nonsense? I always back-up what I say, unlike you who don't even know anything let alone genetics, that's too hard for you to understand. It's like speaking about the quantum theory to a wall! People of British ancestry don't only live in Britain, I have relatives in Britain as well. Anyway, that is not the point. The fact is that the lightest skin phototypes are commonest among people of British/Irish ancestry.
[/quote]

You underestimate the genetic 'mix' of Britons that's all I am saying, Britain's are and always have been a nation of immigrants - there is no Briton on the island that is pure 'Anglo Saxon' and does not have genes in them from elsewhere in Europe and the world.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:28 AM

"English Rose" complexion, that is quite fair.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:01 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
"English Rose" complexion, that is quite fair.
How many times do you have to be told that only a tiny minority of English women look anything like this!!

To put it simply once and for all the answer to the question posed 'Palest looking people on earth' MAY be 'red heads' or 'blonds' but the answer is NOT 'British people' or 'Scandinavian people' because most Britains are not red headed or blond and not all Scandinavians are either. Why can you not understand this?!

Old 09-24-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
How many times do you have to be told that only a tiny minority of English women look anything like this!!

To put it simply once and for all the answer to the question posed 'Palest looking people on earth' MAY be 'red heads' or 'blonds' but the answer is NOT 'British people' or 'Scandinavian people' because most Britains are not red headed or blond and not all Scandinavians are either. Why can you not understand this?!

I understand your quote, is just that you never understood mine. Go and re-read it again then you won't be confused anymore. Over-all white Britons/Irish and white Scandinavians are most likely the palest, with their immediate neighbors who are not so diifferent either. Of course not all Irish and Britons have red hair, it's a very recessive trait, the same could be said for Scandinavians for pure or light blond hair however that genetical trait is most common among them than anyone else! That's my point! Pale skin is not always linked to red/fair hair.

This Irish man has brown hair and a pale skin tone.

Last edited by saxonwold; 09-24-2013 at 11:54 AM..

Old 09-24-2013, 12:23 PM

This dark-haired English woman is another typical example.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:03 AM

824 posts, read 3,602,159 times
There are many Irish andBrits who have just standard skin coloring.

Irish musician..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World