U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-28-2013, 05:50 PM
 
Location: North West Northern Ireland.
20,695 posts, read 18,574,147 times
Reputation: 3107

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Oh hear we go, time for the ole stereotyping to come out - Britains are the palest because we all obviously have the same skin colours and skin tones - oh and yes of course it rains non-stop - oh and why we are at it the Scots wear kilts all the time and the Dutch all go around wearing clogs.
I agree getting sick of this.

 
Old 02-28-2013, 05:54 PM
 
9,972 posts, read 14,014,718 times
Reputation: 9193
White-walkers and gingers...
 
Old 02-28-2013, 09:02 PM
JL
 
7,309 posts, read 11,474,267 times
Reputation: 7167
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post
Transylvania
Count Dracula says HI!!
 
Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
11,269 posts, read 12,474,250 times
Reputation: 13422
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

None of the indigenous of the Americas are whiter than brown. Fact.

I don't know if you're agreeing with me, or correcting me lol. I didn't put "aren't" in there, and by the time I realized it, I couldn't edit anymore.
 
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 PM
 
457 posts, read 961,129 times
Reputation: 569
I'm ridiculously pale and all of my heritage is from Siberia, but from what I've seen definitely Brits and Nordic people.
 
Old 02-28-2013, 09:38 PM
 
607 posts, read 1,956,513 times
Reputation: 288
Dutch, Scandinavians and Northern germans have the least pigment in skin tone according to genetic studies.

Some scots and Irish may appear the palest because they have usually quite fair skin but with really dark hair (sometimes even black black hair), on the other hand even lighter skin might not look that contrasting on the blonder/lighter hair scandinavians and the dutch people usually have.
 
Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 PM
 
607 posts, read 1,956,513 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
I'm brown haired but my mom is a redhead. My skin is probably a little darker than hers but not by much. I think brunettes can be paler than blondes actually.

Its just the contrast, natural blondes are fairer skinned than any brunette.

According to genetic studies Scandinavians and Dutch peoples have lighter skin than brits, and the former groups are way blonder than the latter, brits tend to appear paler many times because they have very often quite dark hair (sometimes east asian dark hair) which is quite rare among other northern europeans whose hair usually range from lightbrown to lightblond.
 
Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 PM
 
607 posts, read 1,956,513 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Plenty of very white folks in Lithuania, Latvia and Finland.

THere are many not that pale skinned folks in the baltic states, but well finland is another case.
 
Old 03-01-2013, 04:51 AM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I don't know if you're agreeing with me, or correcting me lol. I didn't put "aren't" in there, and by the time I realized it, I couldn't edit anymore.
I'm agreeing with you. I figured you said aren't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Its just the contrast, natural blondes are fairer skinned than any brunette.

According to genetic studies Scandinavians and Dutch peoples have lighter skin than brits, and the former groups are way blonder than the latter, brits tend to appear paler many times because they have very often quite dark hair (sometimes east asian dark hair) which is quite rare among other northern europeans whose hair usually range from lightbrown to lightblond.
You really have an obsession with natural blondes don't you?
 
Old 03-01-2013, 11:52 AM
 
541 posts, read 1,174,932 times
Reputation: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Dutch, Scandinavians and Northern germans have the least pigment in skin tone according to genetic studies.

Some scots and Irish may appear the palest because they have usually quite fair skin but with really dark hair (sometimes even black black hair), on the other hand even lighter skin might not look that contrasting on the blonder/lighter hair scandinavians and the dutch people usually have.

Oh my God! I don't even know where to start...


Firstly, it is total nonsense to always perceive Scandinavians and Dutch people as fully blond and blue eyed people.

Ruud van Nistelrooy is a former Dutch football player. According to your weird perception, he obviously isn't a "real" Dutch because no blond hair is apparent. Probably some British-Irish-Arab-Tongan-Mexican-White American ancestry, right?




Secondly, it is totally beyond me why you are obsessed with presenting "Brits" , "Irish" and "White Americans" as mostly "brown-skinned" and "black-haired" people who in many cases don't even look "European".

This is a random photo of the English national rugby team. Looks like the national squad of the Iraq or Guatemala to me, doesn't it? The players are all of "Scandinavian" origin, aren't they? Surely, they ain't English!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top