Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2013, 02:42 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,470,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
There are many Irish andBrits who have just standard skin coloring.

Irish musician..

The person you have posted above is Welsh and not Irish. More proof you don't know what you are talking about. He is Kelly Jones and is always used as an example of people with darker colouring in the British Isles like your poster boy Colin Farrell. Of course there are people with darker colouring in all populations including Germans and Dutch but that doesn't matter to you because "they still have Germanic features".

Old 09-25-2013, 01:02 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,430,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
There are many Irish andBrits who have just standard skin coloring.

Irish musician..
You may save that quote for youself. It is proven fact the British Islanders are over-all of a lighter skin types than Germans . For sure the Irish and Scottish are much lighter, meaning there are much more Germans who have tannable skin types than the Irish/Scottish/Welsh/Breton or Celtic people as a whole, they are of course not all necessarily red or auburn-haired, in the majority light or dark brown-haired.

Let us compare them

Ireland - I(26%), II(50%), III(19.6%), IV(4,4%)

U.K.- I(14.9%), II(39.7%), III(37.2%), IV(8%)

In comparison to some other countries in Northern and Western Europe, going from I, II, III, IV.

Sweden -(I) 2.1%,(II) 26.5%,(III) 62.7%,(IV) 8.5%

Finland - 8%, 25%, 57%, 10%

Denmark- 7.5%, 24%, 52%, 16.2%

The Netherlands - 6.5%, 19.5%, 52%, 21.8%

Germany - (I+II) 32%, (III) 40%, (IV) 28%

Belgium - 13.2%, 20.7%, 37.7%, 28.3%

France- 11.6%, 25.7%, 30.9%, 30.9%

There is a Scottish sample study which is lighter than the Irish series, however I did not count it since it only involves adult women, thus would be incomplete. However in that series, 0% for type IV! Scotland receives less sunshine than even Scandinavian countries, thus a lighter skin is beneficiary in order to avoid diseases such as rickets. Instead of being anti- Anglophone, it would better for you to learn.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:16 PM

The musician that you have posted is none other than Kelly Jones. Yes he has dark hair and eyes, but he's not any particularly dark-skinned! By the way, he's Welsh and not Irish. You and Don Caballero had an agenda to discredit English-speaking people, that's all, your quotes have no scientific back-up whatsoever!

There is another picture of him.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/ic...-169767275.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 10-09-2013 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 09-26-2013, 01:56 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,470,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
The musician that you have posted is none other than Kelly Jones. Yes he has dark hair and eyes, but he's not any particularly dark-skinned! By the way, he's Welsh and not Irish. You and Don Caballero had an agenda to discredit English-speaking people, that's all, your quotes have no scientific back-up whatsoever!

There is another picture of him.
He looks far less exotic here. What a difference lighting can make.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:00 PM

Old 10-09-2013, 03:16 PM

This is a very pale person of Irish ancestry who is not a red-head. Of course the average Irish person isn't that fair!! No wonder, now that sun-bathing has become really so popular among Irish people which wasn't the case, thirty years ago. Now Ireland has the highest rate of skin cancer in Europe.

http://realhistoryww.com/world_histo...ish_girl_2.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 10-09-2013 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 10-11-2013, 03:31 AM

1 posts, read 5,698 times
Quote:
Yes there goes your famous agenda which in fact I've exposed. I'm not being defensive, I am just telling it like it is. You and Don Caballero due to your anti-English-speaking people feelings and ideologies were trying to spread lies about British Isles people and their descendants elsewhere in America/Australia as non-Northern Europeans, portray them as ugly people and your other childish nonsense. I came up with the truth of course backed-up by scientific facts! It doesn't matter if I post pictures of redheads since they are much more common in the British Isles than elsewhere in Europe anyway, that's a fact proven by science. There are even many more British/Irish people who are carriers of the red-head gene. In terms of numbers, the country with the most red-heads is the U.S. 6 to 18 million people! This is due to many people having British Isles ancestry now that's a fact. Another reason for me posting redheads, is to explain that Northern Europe has the highest frequency of hair, eye, skin depigmentation, one which tends to blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin is commonest in Scandinavia and Estonia particularly. The other is less common, because it's more recessive genetically, tends to red hair, blue/green eyes, an even fairer skin is commonest in the British Isles. This never meant that everyone in those regions are like that, but it's more common there, that's all! If you don't know anything and cannot back it up, it would better to hush and learn. The thing is, that I have defended my points well enough, all you do is quoting things with no foundation! As I've already quoted so many times, the majority of the British population as a whole has brown hair of various tones, that's a fact. Not all Northern Europeans have blonde hair and blue eyes, but many do and brown hair is still quite common. If you do not understand my quotes, I would recommend you to take up some more English comprehension courses. I'm now doubting that you are in fact a German, because you would have known that there many Germans who have dark hair as well, not all are blonde and blue-eyed. Unless you're a blinded Neo-Nazi!

There is a German woman with dark hair, is she "less Germanic" than those who are blonde? What does you blonde ideology based on nothing tells you?

Excuse me, but I am not even sure that the girl you mention is German.. She is definitely from Russia and for sure has nothing "Germanic", as you mention...

P.S. and yes, I have the proof ;-)

Last edited by Marina1976; 10-11-2013 at 03:33 AM.. Reason: See in Post Scriptum...

Old 10-11-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1976 View Post
Excuse me, but I am not even sure that the girl you mention is German.. She is definitely from Russia and for sure has nothing "Germanic", as you mention...

P.S. and yes, I have the proof ;-)
Proof? Ha!ha!ha! Are you saying that there are Germans with dark hair?

Wasn't Rudolph Hesse a German? What was so Germanic about him? He was dark-haired too.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:36 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,128 times
Quote:
Proof? Ha!ha!ha!
Given that he/she only registered to comment on that picture, it's ether some famous Russian woman, the picture shows her or someone she knows, or the picture was taken by her. Either way, I guess Marina1976 probably knows what she's talking about.

By the way, I'd be interested in why you actually think that the woman in the picture is German? Is it the dress? Because that's certainly not a "typical Bavarian Dirndl".

Last edited by viribusunitis; 10-11-2013 at 01:48 PM..

Old 10-11-2013, 01:51 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I am American that is of 100% Irish ancestry...I am light blonde/blue eyes...I am paler/lighter then either of my parents who are/were brown haired with hazel and dark brown eyes...so skin color can vary even by family...so I don't know how you can really pick one country as being the fairest...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World