U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 02:39 PM

607 posts, read 1,958,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
I guess because Europeans and Americans tend to have a different style of fashion.

For some reason, I find it pretty easy to spot Europeans in a crowd and can usually even guess which country or region they come from, especially if they're Dutch like me. I don't know why this is because Northern Europeans (for example) don't look that different from each other. I think it's mostly body language and fashion. I find it much harder to do with pictures.

@Tom77falcons, the OP is South American, not European. We have our share of nutjobs but Don_Caballero is not one of them, lol.
I live in south america but I'm European, Not a wanna be german or Italian from the states.

And British look nothing like other northern europeans, they have different facial features (usually not very germanic) and darker pigmentation on average.

You aren't average dutch either, average dutch wouldnt care about receiving the British or American approval such as you do, not everybody in the world is an anglophile.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:50 PM

7,972 posts, read 9,729,336 times
And not everyone has to prove they aren't either

Old 03-06-2013, 04:02 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,219,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
I live in south america but I'm European, Not a wanna be german or Italian from the states.
Riiiiight. That's why you told me you would love to visit Europe one day. Must be hard living in South America with all those inferior dark-haired people around you.

Quote:
You aren't average dutch either, average dutch wouldnt care about receiving the British or American approval such as you do, not everybody in the world is an anglophile.
Like you have any idea what the "average Dutch" thinks, lol. You don't have to be an anglophile to appreciate the positive qualities of the Anglosaxon world. I have great admiration for the UK in some respects (music, tradition, sense of humour, scientific contributions, literature) and for the US in others (multicultural society, cuisine, foundational values, technological contributions, entertainment). Yes, they have their flaws - I for one wish the UK wasn't so Eurosceptic and the US had better politicians - but I don't see the point of harping on the negative all the time. I will criticize other countries (and have done so) when I feel it is justified.

You seem desperate to believe that Anglosaxons are somehow a different 'race' than other Germanic peoples. It's like an obsession for you, it's all you ever talk about. I still don't understand what your agenda is or why this is so important to you. Suppose you're right and British people are much darker than other Germanics. So what? Why does this matter?

Old 03-06-2013, 04:08 PM

20,695 posts, read 18,584,116 times
Quote:

And British look nothing like other northern europeans, they have different facial features (usually not very germanic) and darker pigmentation on average.

Have you even visited britain?

Old 03-06-2013, 04:43 PM

7,972 posts, read 9,729,336 times
Who Don Juan, he's to pretty to visit here!

Old 03-06-2013, 05:15 PM

20,695 posts, read 18,584,116 times
Pahahaha!

Old 03-06-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Riiiiight. That's why you told me you would love to visit Europe one day. Must be hard living in South America with all those inferior dark-haired people around you.

Like you have any idea what the "average Dutch" thinks, lol. You don't have to be an anglophile to appreciate the positive qualities of the Anglosaxon world. I have great admiration for the UK in some respects (music, tradition, sense of humour, scientific contributions, literature) and for the US in others (multicultural society, cuisine, foundational values, technological contributions, entertainment). Yes, they have their flaws - I for one wish the UK wasn't so Eurosceptic and the US had better politicians - but I don't see the point of harping on the negative all the time. I will criticize other countries (and have done so) when I feel it is justified.

You seem desperate to believe that Anglosaxons are somehow a different 'race' than other Germanic peoples. It's like an obsession for you, it's all you ever talk about. I still don't understand what your agenda is or why this is so important to you. Suppose you're right and British people are much darker than other Germanics. So what? Why does this matter?
Since when I've implied dark haired people being inferior, for example you can't compare an average dark haired croatian girl to an average scottish one, british people arent lookers on average!.

Anglosaxons are mixed (more so americans), very mixed thats why average men in those countries are more brown haired than scandinavians, dutch or even germans.

Have you ever looked at white americans, they are hardly average looking overall (perhaps with the exception of some midwestern groups). And as I've said many times the British are like French people, very mixed (not too northern neither too southern looking), the british even got this distinctive looks from all the inbreeding going on the Island during centuries.

Germanics are Scandinavians, dutch, germans,flemish, austrians and german speaking swiss, most of the world dont see the British people as "germanic" but rather "anglospheric".

Old 03-06-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Have you even visited britain?
Yes, southern england and wales, the people looked like the beatles or gallagher brothers on average, most of the birds were "blonde" if you know what I mean with the mullets.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:47 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,219,454 times
Quote:
Since when I've implied dark haired people being inferior, for example you can't compare an average dark haired croatian girl to an average scottish one, british people arent lookers on average!.
I'm not going to plow through all the rubbish you posted but you once said (in the Fashion & Beauty forum) that women with dark hair look masculine and that blonde girls are superior because they look innocent and angelic. Remember that?

Quote:
Have you ever looked at white americans, they are hardly average looking overall (perhaps with the exception of some midwestern groups). And as I've said many times the British are like French people, very mixed (not too northern neither too southern looking), the british even got this distinctive looks from all the inbreeding going on the Island during centuries.
How can you possibly make generalizations like that? Based on the ignorance of other countries you display in your posts I doubt you ever left South America. Why are you so obsessed with people's appearances (women in particular) anyway? It's downright creepy.

Quote:
Germanics are Scandinavians, dutch, germans,flemish, austrians and german speaking swiss, most of the world dont see the British people as "germanic" but rather "anglospheric".
Nope, that's just you. British people are universally considered Germanic. By the way, Germanic - just like Brythonic - refers to language. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_peoples

Old 03-06-2013, 07:59 PM

4,044 posts, read 5,944,751 times
I think the "gene mix" - be it mix among Caucasians from various parts of the European continent - has given American their unique "white" look.

Despite widespread popular-global opinion, according to which Europeans are "attractive" and white Americans are less so...I find white Americans, on average, to be the most beautiful whites everywhere.
The mix of genes seems to have given them more symmetrical, eye-candy type of features, more solid teeth, some overstated kind of pretty:-)).
What kills it for most Americans is the lack of sophistication in attire, lack of exposure to a more cosmopolitan outlook (which can make a face look a bit...let's say "too unassuming") and the proportion of individuals whose pleasant facial features are killed by obesity.

By contrast, I find Europeans uglier - on average - but because they are very artsy and sophisticated in the way they dress and carry themselves - they look like they win the "beauty" contest.

I am an European with an American husband (granted really handsome even among Americans )...and boy did we get some "purrty" kids or what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or