Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Really? I think it's bizarre to say Brits resemble the French more than the Dutch in terms of architecture and national character.

I would go much further than that. There is not a single British or Irish person that could not pass for Dutch or Scandinavian. Doesn't exist.
I might not completely agree with Don but I just can't be bothered anymore. I think even if you put up pictures of blond Brits/Irish and dark haired Dutch he would still hold on to his stereotypes. I just don't think Don is going to change.

I agree. There are more similarities than differences.

Last edited by Bernie20; 03-07-2013 at 09:52 PM..

Old 03-07-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Maybe they just havent been expossed too much to the western media, Look about the most westernized asian countries, people literally adore the blonde hair of europeans in countries such as Japan, Korea or even China.
I really disagree with this comment. There are lots of Asian people here and they don't idolise blond hair at all.

Don you are the one with this fetish don't project on to others.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:02 PM

599 posts, read 2,592,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Here are some famous native Dutch people for you:

Robin van Persie (football player)

Ruud van Nistelrooij (football player)

Famke Janssen (actress)

Carice van Houten (actress)

Caro Emerald (singer; real name is Caroline Esmeralda van der Leeuw)

Dinand Woesthoff (singer)

I could go on and on. Suddenly Paul McCartney and Hugh Grant don't look so out of place, do they?
van persie is quarter indonesian, hence he isnt good example of fully ethnoc dutch, who knows about the rest.

Most still look dutch despite having daker hair, i could never confuse candice van houten for being british. For example coach joachim low from germany has dark hair but still looks very german, not dutch, let alone more alien people like the brits.

Those primitive brythonic features present in most brits are rare outside the isles, people like john lennon, roger waters,etc all have noses, and other facial features that scream out british. Look at ex rally racer colin mcrae Idoubt anything closer to that face exist outside the Isles.

Im not denying there arent people in the continent that have british looks, they are just extremely rare, for example Arsenal coach arsene wegner could pas for ethnic brit, nobody else that I could think of

Old 03-07-2013, 10:33 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,482 times
WHy do White americans look nothing like native europeans?

I think it's the soap.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Try to find a fully blonde northern european looking band from the UK

Dutch band:

http://muslib.ru/pb/0/1374/ekseption_1752402.jpg

British bands:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...A8EZ8zratg2yO5

http://fondosdeestrellasdelrock.com/...eep-purple.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-39D687_v4S...The+Who+03.jpg

The british have different facial features, I dont think there are much people looking like john lennon or roger waters outside the Isles.
Never heard of the Dutch band but those British bands are legends.

Last edited by Bernie20; 03-07-2013 at 11:36 PM..

Old 03-07-2013, 11:42 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,242,365 times
Quote:
van persie is quarter indonesian, hence he isnt good example of fully ethnoc dutch, who knows about the rest.
Guess what, a lot of Dutch people are mixed with something. We've had centuries of colonial ties with countries like Indonesia, Suriname, the Netherlands Antilles (Carribean) etc. Robin van Persie is a perfectly normal representation of the average Dutch person and so are all the others I listed.

This is an old picture of my sister. We know our genetic background, we are 7/8 Dutch and 1/8 German (i.e. 100% Germanic).

I told you my father and brother have black hair and brown eyes (I don't have their pictures on my computer). My father is 100% ethnically Dutch, my brother is 7/8 Dutch and 1/8 German (the German is on my mother's side). There's nothing unusual about having dark hair and/or dark eyes in the Netherlands.

Quote:
Most still look dutch despite having daker hair, i could never confuse candice van houten for being british. For example coach joachim low from germany has dark hair but still looks very german, not dutch, let alone more alien people like the brits.
Oh please, if those people were British you'd be listing them as examples of "Brythonic features"

Quote:
Those primitive brythonic features present in most brits are rare outside the isles, people like john lennon, roger waters,etc all have noses, and other facial features that scream out british. Look at ex rally racer colin mcrae Idoubt anything closer to that face exist outside the Isles.

Im not denying there arent people in the continent that have british looks, they are just extremely rare, for example Arsenal coach arsene wegner could pas for ethnic brit, nobody else that I could think of
Literally anyone in the Netherlands could pass as an ethnic Brit and vice versa. You can repeat your nonsense as much as you like, it doesn't make it true.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:46 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,242,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Never heard of the Dutch band but those British bands are legends.
Me neither Quite telling that he had to use a picture from what seems like a hippie band in the 1960s, lol.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:00 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times
Quote:

The former first lady of my country was from the Netherlands and has brown hair and brown eyes. Annita 'happy' after speaking out - National - www.theage.com.au

I have met many dark haired people that are from Germany and have German sounding names. I did not find it unusual to see people from those countries with brown eyes either. You also stated that Austrians are Gemanic people as well. I know people from there that have dark brown hair and eyes.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:52 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,872,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Without my American accent, I would totally pass as being British. My whole family would.
Most white american shonestly dont look different to us. When I watch american shows like rhola etc without the accents you could never tell the difference.

I think the people on here just have italian ancestry or something and have a hatred against the brits.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:54 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,872,643 times
Quote:
I dont, I know many scandinavian and dutch people, they look probably what the real angles, saxons, vikings used to look like in the past, unlike the british people who are a more mixed population (like the french) hence the relatively lack of blondism compared to other northeners.

ALtough a few brits could fit in Scandinavia and Holland, much more of them would fit in Northern/western france, still I dont think the brits as a whole look particularly like any continental european country, I couldnt imagine queen elizabeth, paul mcartney, rowan atkinson, pierce brosnan, Hugh grant, gallagher brothers, etc hailing from a continental european country.
Well your wrong! There are loads of people who have blond hair fair skin and blue eyes. Stop this belief that we look like the spanish because we dont and never have. The brits look nothing like the french.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World