Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,375,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
I would not say that the majority would have british isles descent but id say it would be approaching a majority.
Without my American accent, I would totally pass as being British. My whole family would.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:50 PM

4,434 posts, read 6,957,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Yes, men by default tend to prefer fairer features on women, its nature, the same thing with women going for taller/more protective looking men.

Asia itself comprises about 60% of world population, and I'm sure no asian would ever think about rejecting a typical beautiful blonde woman (most natural blondes are beautiful by the way), thats why japanese men marry their pillows with a draw of a blonde anime, they just dream about what they cannot have.
Can you provide sources that no Asian man would reject a typical blonde woman? Do you think the whole world is obsessed with blondes? Can you provide sources on men by default tend to prefer fairer features on a woman? Is it a majority of men out there that prefer fairer features of a woman even in Asia? If you believe most men prefer blonde women, how come very few Asian people dye their hair blonde? I live in a country that has a large minority of Asians and very few of them are blonde.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 PM

2,672 posts, read 5,439,583 times
Quote:
Have I ever described the average Britishmen as being Magrheb looking dudes like someone earlied suggested I did? NO. I just said the British are more mixed european than they really would think (past with a predominantly brythonic/celtic ancestry then arrival or romans, anglo-saxons, vikings, normans) not a plain straight up anglo-saxon descended country, similar to france, mix of different european ethnicities/tribes that in Its result creates a western european looks (Not too extremely northern european neither southern european) . I have told many times that despite what dna plots show The brits clustering close to they tend to look more similar to northern frenchmen and wallonians rather than like dutch, germans or scandinavian people, thats regarding architecture, peoples character, outlook, etc. Of course the Brits are still much closer to the Irish folk than anyone else.
This sounds a bit more reasonable than what you have said in some of your posts. Personally I don't think you really know what British and Irish people look like but I would agree with what you have said above.

I do think you have a very stereotypical view of what Scandinavian and Dutch look like though. There are Brits and Irish who can fit in these populations.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:09 PM

606 posts, read 2,582,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
This sounds a bit more reasonable than what you have said in some of your posts. Personally I don't think you really know what British and Irish people look like but I would agree with what you have said above.

I do think you have a very stereotypical view of what Scandinavian and Dutch look like though. There are Brits and Irish who can fit in these populations.
I dont, I know many scandinavian and dutch people, they look probably what the real angles, saxons, vikings used to look like in the past, unlike the british people who are a more mixed population (like the french) hence the relatively lack of blondism compared to other northeners.

ALtough a few brits could fit in Scandinavia and Holland, much more of them would fit in Northern/western france, still I dont think the brits as a whole look particularly like any continental european country, I couldnt imagine queen elizabeth, paul mcartney, rowan atkinson, pierce brosnan, Hugh grant, gallagher brothers, etc hailing from a continental european country.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:12 PM

2,885 posts, read 5,225,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Really? I think it's bizarre to say Brits resemble the French more than the Dutch in terms of architecture and national character.

Quote:
I would go much further than that. There is not a single British or Irish person that could not pass for Dutch or Scandinavian. Doesn't exist.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Can you provide sources that no Asian man would reject a typical blonde woman? Do you think the whole world is obsessed with blondes? Can you provide sources on men by default tend to prefer fairer features on a woman? Is it a majority of men out there that prefer fairer features of a woman even in Asia? If you believe most men prefer blonde women, how come very few Asian people dye their hair blonde? I live in a country that has a large minority of Asians and very few of them are blonde.
Maybe they just havent been expossed too much to the western media, Look about the most westernized asian countries, people literally adore the blonde hair of europeans in countries such as Japan, Korea or even China.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post

Really? I think it's bizarre to say Brits resemble the French more than the Dutch in terms of architecture and national character.

I would go much further than that. There is not a single British or Irish person that could not pass for Dutch or Scandinavian. Doesn't exist.
Try to find a fully blonde northern european looking band from the UK

Dutch band:

http://muslib.ru/pb/0/1374/ekseption_1752402.jpg

British bands:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...A8EZ8zratg2yO5

http://fondosdeestrellasdelrock.com/...eep-purple.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-39D687_v4S...The+Who+03.jpg

The british have different facial features, I dont think there are much people looking like john lennon or roger waters outside the Isles.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:20 PM

2,672 posts, read 5,439,583 times
Quote:
I dont, I know many scandinavian and dutch people, they look probably what the real angles, saxons, vikings used to look like in the past, unlike the british people who are a more mixed population (like the french) hence the relatively lack of blondism compared to other northeners.

ALtough a few brits could fit in Scandinavia and Holland, much more of them would fit in Northern/western france, still I dont think the brits as a whole look particularly like any continental european country, I couldnt imagine queen elizabeth, paul mcartney, rowan atkinson, pierce brosnan, Hugh grant, gallagher brothers, etc hailing from a continental european country.
I'm not too bothered and I'm not going to continue with this because it's not an anthropology forum but Queen Elizabeth has a lot of German ancestry. You are also highlighting some people with dark hair (even though most of them are blue eyed) but their are plenty of "natural blonds" in these populations. As I stated previously if you want to see what Irish people look like go on to google and put in GAA or camogie (Irish sports) and the county name (e.g. Kerry or Waterford) and you will see whole teams, plenty of fair hair and blue eyes and a lot of variety of colouring. Personally I like the variety of people's looks and I love brown eyes and I also think that dark hair and blue/green eyes are gorgeous. You should go on some anthropology forums where they discuss these subjects although the internet is full of misinformation and stereotypes. I don't think you have really been in a lot of countries that you talk about otherwise you would realise your stereotypes are not accurate.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:34 PM

4,434 posts, read 6,957,140 times
Quote:
Maybe they just havent been expossed too much to the western media, Look about the most westernized asian countries, people literally adore the blonde hair of europeans in countries such as Japan, Korea or even China.
I been to Asia and there is a lot of exposure to western media. You most probably never been to Asia and that is why you made that statement. Still if blonde women are desired, and it is so easy to dye your hair these days, how come I saw very few Asian women with blonde hair while I was over there?

Yet people may adore blonde hair over there, and also white skin as it is rare over there, it it does not mean they refer to be with then than Asians. Anyway when I was in Asia, since people saw myself as white they saw me as a person with money. I would have got more attention than a local largely due to this. Yet you claim that most men in Asia prefer blonde women than dark haired women and you have not provided sources of your information. YOur statement is based on generalisation and not on fact.

Plus if you go to Africa, and if you are white you would get alot of attention from the locals as they think a person with white skin has alot of money. Plus if you are from a nationality that people see as wealthy then you would be treated well and would get positive attention from the locals if you visit a undeveloped nation. Example of this is during Appartheid of South Africa, Japanese people when they visit South Africa they enjoyed the privelages as white people there and were not subject to racial discrimation, and that is largely due to economics.

Last edited by other99; 03-07-2013 at 09:46 PM..

Old 03-07-2013, 09:35 PM

2,885 posts, read 5,225,169 times
Quote:

Here are some famous native Dutch people for you:

Robin van Persie (football player)

Ruud van Nistelrooij (football player)

Famke Janssen (actress)

Carice van Houten (actress)

Caro Emerald (singer; real name is Caroline Esmeralda van der Leeuw)

Dinand Woesthoff (singer)

I could go on and on. Suddenly Paul McCartney and Hugh Grant don't look so out of place, do they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.