U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 11:05 AM

6,041 posts, read 10,404,999 times

Advertisements

This topic is for saying all of your past traveling experiences and being very specific for the best, most exciting, important details and activities for the countries and places you visited. That can be a brief summary or that can be a longer post.

The topic is also about all of your future plans for the next 3 to 5 international trips.

Some people are spontaneous and unpredictable for where they travel and donít plan a long time before the actual trip. Also, the random arrangement of life events sometimes makes people travel to a certain place before they expected that to happen.

However, a lot of people also easily know the next international trips they plan to have in their lives.

Iíll say all of my personal past traveling experiences, and my next 3 to 5 international trips in a later post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 03:06 PM

8,141 posts, read 12,561,852 times
I'm going to Greece in June!

Hoping to get Iceland next year... my mom is begging me to go hahaha don't have to pull my leg there.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:35 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,336,263 times
I've mainly travelled within the Asia-Pacific region. Have lived in Australia almost all my life and travelled widely throughout. Born in Singapore and have been back there many times (at least 12) since 1986, also Malaysia where my dad is from, New Zealand where I lived briefly as infant and visited in 2002 (mostly South Island), went to several places in China in 2006, made several big Australian trips including around Australia in 2009, finally went to the United States in mid-2011, and went to Vietnam and Thailand for a month in late 2011. In 2012 I went to Taiwan and Sri Lanka (and Singapore again) for 3 weeks and about 10 days respectively.

Too many highlights to list, really:

Urban highlights include NYC, Hong Kong, Sydney, New Orleans.

Natural attractions like Wuyi-shan, Taman Negara NP, Bako NP, Blue Mountains, Great Barrier Reef, Daintree, Katherine Gorge, Karijini NP, Shark Bay, Grand Canyon, Carlsbad Caverns, Blue Ridge Mountains, hills of Sapa, mountains in Taiwan, Sri Lanka.etc.

Cultural attractions like Great Wall of China, ancient UNESCO cities in Sri Lanka, Sigiriya rock fortress, aboriginal rock paintings, aboriginal villages, Hmong tribal villages, Great Wall of China, Terracotta warriors/ancient tombs, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, Hoi An, George Town, Melaka, architecture of Bangkok, My Son, Los Angeles, Navajo village, New Orleans, DC, NYC, Boston, Sydney Opera House etc.

I plan to visit the following countries in this order, when I can get the funds:

Trip to Europe - 4-6 weeks: Italy, France, UK. Spend about 2 weeks in each, ideally.

Trip to India: 3 weeks on a guided tour across northern India

Trip to South America: Ideally 2 months, seeing Peru, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina and Brazil.

Trip to East Africa: Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda to see wildlife and local culture

Trip to Japan: For at least 3 weeks, check out Tokyo, Kyoto, the Japanese Alps, Hokkaido.

Trip to Turkey for at least 3-4 weeks, exploring a lot of this fascinating country. Maybe also take in other parts of the Middle East and Egypt.

Back to China and SE Asia. Central Asia. Back to North America. Eastern Europe.

Voyage into Outer Space. Lol, just semi-kidding about that one, still would love to do it if I had the funds.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:56 AM

157 posts, read 132,909 times
I have been to:
Switzerland All Inside: Unruffled Lugano (Switzerland)

Paris All Inside: I love Paris!!!!!!!

Naples All Inside: Naples can't leave you indifferent....

and plan to go to Barcelona and Brazil

Old 04-13-2013, 01:51 PM

6,041 posts, read 10,404,999 times
All of the countries I traveled in up to now, 8 countries total up to 21 years old: France, UK, Romania, Bulgaria, USA, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica.

Specific places I went to in each of those countries:

France: Paris, Versailles

UK: London, Oxford.

Romania: Bucharest, Constanta, Tuzla, Eforie Sud, Costinesti, Black sea coastline, Carpathian mountains, Brasov, Sinaia, Timisoara.

Bulgaria: Varna, Dobrich, Balchik, Kavarna, Durankulak, Burgas.

USA: Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, Washington state, California.

Canada: Montreal, Vancouver, Whistler, Lions Bay, Garibaldi Provincial Park, Cypress Provincial Park, Cascades mountain range.

Mexico: Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, Tulum, Coba, Mexican Caribbean beaches.

Costa Rica: San Jose, Jaco, Arenal National Park, Braulio Carrilo National Park, Parque Nacional Los Quetzales.

Brief Summary for Traveling Experience:

France: I got to know Paris relatively well for 10 day visit. Visited a lot of the best neighborhoods, museums, restaurants for traditional French cuisine and ethnic Thai+Indian, some local cinemas for films, cafť bars, and independent stores for souvenirs. I also went to the Palace of Versailles. I would love to go to Paris again soon. However, I have to visit a lot of other areas of France before going to Paris again.

UK: Went to London, and Oxford for 7 days right after being in France. I experienced similar activities as in Paris, except I didn’t try the traditional food in UK and mostly had ethnic, Italian, Thai, and Indian. I also went to a music concert and not cinemas for films.

Romania: I went to Romania 4 times and 30 days each time because my parents are from Romania before they immigrated to USA 25 years ago and almost all of my family members live in Romania: Tuzla, Constanta, and Bucharest. I stayed at a family member’s house near a beach in Tuzla every time and no hotels. Most of the time I was around family there at their homes, restaurants, beaches, and best neighborhood areas. I traveled all over Romania. I also went to a lot of local beach nightclubs and music concerts. This was quite a different trip compared to France, and UK, but was also a satisfying, pleasant, and invigorating experience too.

Bulgaria: I visited Bulgaria 3 times on a road trip day trip. Bulgaria’s scenery was an unexpected contrast compared to Romania. The architecture was not the same, the beach scenery was more mountainous, there was plenty of historic archeological sites on the beaches there, and Bulgarian people show a noticeable varied personality compared to Romanians. Overall, I also enjoyed visiting Bulgaria and was mystical and exotic for Europe.

USA: I visited plenty of areas for USA and that includes Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, Washington state, Oregon, California for varied traveling activities too. I like my visits there, but I would go on at least 5 more international trips before I travel again in USA.

Canada: I went to Montreal and Vancouver 3 times for 2 days each time. In Montreal, I went to some local festivals, shopping spree, Restaurants for French, Vietnamese, Chinese, an outdoor music concert, bars, and hookah lounges. In Vancouver, a film festival, writer’s festival, Asian theme festival, restaurants, and taking in the scenery with long walks. I also visited nature scenery areas of British Columbia near Vancouver.

Mexico: Stayed in a huge touristy luxury hotel in Cancun, went to historic Mayan archeological sites/ancient Mayan architecture pyramids in Tulum and Coba tropical jungles and Mexican Caribbean beaches. Snorkeling in Caribbean, caves, went to an ecological park that was sort of a theme water park but better, swimming, jet skiing jungle tour, and bought some unique Mayan theme souvenirs.

Costa Rica: Went with a community service+adventure traveling group organization. Volunteered in something environmental conservation related, and some other community service over there. I stayed in a charming house right next to the beach. I went whitewater rafting twice in Costa Rican national parks, surfing, ziplining in a jungle canopy, a luxury hot springs resort, swimming under a jungle waterfall, boat yacht party, and local shopping.

My plans for the next 5 international trips in the next 5 to 8 years:

1. Romania, Bulgaria again, Road trip from Romania to Turkey and then to the Eurasian country of Georgia.
2. All over France.
3. France again, Belgium, Netherlands, Southern UK again in the same trip.
4. China
5. Thailand

I plan to visit 30 more countries in the next 29 years up to 50 years old, so probably 38 countries total up to that later age. I am relatively young and 21 years old right now.

I know very well what to get from traveling, and traveling is definitely an exciting, worthwhile, important, satisfying, and invigorating experience. People should travel as much as they are able to that is possible and make the most of that opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or