U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ????
Taipei 6 33.33%
Boston 6 33.33%
Rome 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:34 AM

6,479 posts, read 7,708,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
There's local spicy food in Rome--actually there's a good amount of dishes incorporating chili peppers in their sauces--and even more so once you go further south. Areas in Calabria are famous for chilis to the point that they have local festivals celebrating the locally grown varieties.
I'd like to venture out and see the Italian coast, it looks beautiful and of course Milan is on my bucket list. Wish I went there instead but I was 12 and didn't really have an option over a decade ago. Milan seems more of my style.

As for food, not so much into it but I haven't tried any that are spicy yet. Chili peppers. Sounds intriguing. Being a spice crazed person, I go out of my way for this stuff. How's northern Italy on the food front?

I'm a picky person. I see one thing wrong to my standards and the thing becomes unbearable for me. I'm tough to be around, I like nice, neat, organized, clean, sanitized, and have a major issues with things being or feeling out of place. Open doors (unnecessarily) in hallways bug me, crooked picture frames bug me, a desk with paper uneven and floating around bug me, pens in pen holders with half tip down and half tip facing up bug me. I'm tough to impress, I don't close the doors to visiting anywhere at least once and I give everywhere a shot but the issues arise when the question of "can you see yourself coming back here again?" comes up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 08:44 AM

26,589 posts, read 52,939,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
Wait....Rome or Athens?
Athens has better air quality and the people tend to be friendlier. They tie with history. I could spend a month in Rome and still not see/do it all. Athens would take a week, tops. In my opinion the food in Rome is better, the water is the best on earth. Athens is a bit less expensive overall. Rome is more walkable. Athens overall feels safer, not as many pickpockets. They tie for mass transit.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 PM

1,602 posts, read 2,631,013 times
I have been to both Rome and Taipei but not Boston. However, if I had to compare cities, I would pick Rome over Paris (Paris should have been on the list). I would pick Hong Kong over Taipei (Hong Kong is not on the list and is more beautiful). I would pick Vancouver B.C. over Boston because I can't think of any American city that is really beautiful and I haven't seen any picture of Boston showing any beauty.
So, I had to pick Rome because of it's beauty and historic significance.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:48 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
I have been to both Rome and Taipei but not Boston. However, if I had to compare cities, I would pick Rome over Paris (Paris should have been on the list). I would pick Hong Kong over Taipei (Hong Kong is not on the list and is more beautiful). I would pick Vancouver B.C. over Boston because I can't think of any American city that is really beautiful and I haven't seen any picture of Boston showing any beauty.
So, I had to pick Rome because of it's beauty and historic significance.
I'd say Boston city is nicer than Vancouver city, it has prettier architecture (Vancouver is a bit new and sterile). It's natural surrounds are also quite pretty if not as spectacular as Van.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or