Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 11:53 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,918,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

Really, a sad face? For a dictator? Okay, he helped the poor, but he was also a very dangerous man. I take it you think the leader of Iran is an okay guy as well. You realize that was his good buddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Makes sense. Why do ppl rule out such possibilities automatically? Think about it. Chavez became very friendly with Iran. There were reports of Iran shipping ballistic missiles to Venezula with a range that could strike US mainland with a nuke. Many nations assassinate ppl for a variety of reason, including elected leaders. The idea behind any such attempt is have plausible deniability and cancer is the perfect assassin's weapon. All you need is a lethal carincogen and an opportunity to use it. In my opinion it is the perfect crime.

Oh btw for those who think Chavez wa a dictator, he was democractically elected 4 times.

You really think they were free and fair elections? You think if he ever lost one of his elections, he would actually step down? I think not.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:17 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,868,052 times
The guy is nuts, as much as his master Chavez. I hope venezueluan make a revolution soon and topple Chavez's cronies now the madman is dead.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:03 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,437 times
I think he got cancer because he listened to a Justin Bieber song. That will kill anyone.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:14 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,875,941 times
Quote:
what kind of human being are you if you are desiring the death of other human being and laughing at his death??

seriously, its shameful
I am not as much laughing as I am amused....OK, yeah I was laughing hysterically yesterday.

I didn't desire his death, he was a non-factor in my life. But he was a self proclaimed enemy to the US so yeah, I am happy he is dead in the same way I am happy Saddam Hussein is dead, Hitler is dead, Khadaffi is dead, and Bin Laden is dead. Their is nothing shameful in being joyful at the death of your enemy. Venezuala's economy is in shambles now - 25% inflation and a national debt 10 times higher then before he became dictator. The average Venezualan should be happy as well that they don't have someone in power pillaging their own future resources.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:45 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
You really think they were free and fair elections? You think if he ever lost one of his elections, he would actually step down? I think not.
Of course. He barely won his last one.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,261,161 times
Quote:
what do you think about all this? They just said it on national venezuela tv and its all over the news here in Argentina, couldnt find the link in english, but many in spanish: Maduro: "Hubo una conspiración internacional para enfermar a Chávez"

they say theres gonna be an investigation to prove what they think: that a US embassy civil server, injected cancer to Hugo Chavez

what do u think about all this?
I dont think its possible at all to inject cancer on someone, but hey, the venezuelan governors seem pretty convinced

what do u think?
It's not a news for me.
Chavez's ideology was mainly based on hatred of "american imperialism" (not only American, also Europe was considers "evil" by chavez). All his claims and speeches were always based on some sort of paranoia ("we are the good again the evil imperialism" attitude). Chavez friends such as Ahmadinajad, Bashar-el-Assad or Kadafi all used the same populist retoric. Not a surprise at all.
The populist speeches have all only one goal: finding enemies to legitimate the limitation of democracy.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:17 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,251,965 times
Quote:
This awful sentence of yours prove what kind of a person you are-
You nailed me. Guilty on all charges.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 AM

I notice there are loads of young people mourning in Argentina. No surprise Sophie is on here shilling for Chavez.

Argentina is a basket case country as well. They are always one step away from a military junta in Argentina anyway. She should be worried about that and not lamenting the death of some blowhard dictator in another country.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:42 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,383,538 times
I am now not really sure if I believe all the bullshise propaganda about this guy put out by the MSM and the US government. The reason is that the worst and cruelest dictator the Americas have seen in the last 50 years was Augusto Pinochet. He assassinated a legally elected president , murdered a whole slew of his own people, publicly tortured those who dared to disagree (Victor Jara for example) but the US MSM, the government and the sheeple remained completely silent on the issue until 20 years after the fact the international community condemned him with undisputable truth and in such a loud voice that the US had to stand up and make a statement or look like complete idiots. Our selective choice of dictators is reprehensible to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World