Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 04:56 AM

233 posts, read 449,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
what do you think about all this? They just said it on national venezuela tv and its all over the news here in Argentina, couldnt find the link in english, but many in spanish: Maduro: "Hubo una conspiración internacional para enfermar a Chávez"

they say theres gonna be an investigation to prove what they think: that a US embassy civil server, injected cancer to Hugo Chavez

what do u think about all this?
I dont think its possible at all to inject cancer on someone, but hey, the venezuelan governors seem pretty convinced

what do u think?

They need a foreign enemy to "mantener prietas las filas" (preserve cohesiviness), just as when Franco blamed Jews, Masons and Liberals of a hugue conspiracy against Spain.
Of course, only dimwits believe such a thing, only Cristinita pays heed to such idiocy because she also needs a world conspiracy (and Venezuela's oil) to "mantener prietas las filas" of the vast army of cabecitas, bolitas and scum, no different from Venezuela's chusmera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 05:05 AM

233 posts, read 449,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
lol, like if Bush was a saint. Even when i think he is a killer and a repulsive human being, i dont desire his death.
This awful sentence of yours prove what kind of a person you are-

You should worry about Cristinita, the merry widow of Viscount Kirchner, her brain is full of botox and she's ruining Argentina. She's a Chave'z wannabe.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:16 AM

994 posts, read 1,237,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel10 View Post
They need a foreign enemy to "mantener prietas las filas" (preserve cohesiviness), just as when Franco blamed Jews, Masons and Liberals of a hugue conspiracy against Spain.
Of course, only dimwits believe such a thing, only Cristinita pays heed to such idiocy because she also needs a world conspiracy (and Venezuela's oil) to "mantener prietas las filas" of the vast army of cabecitas, bolitas and scum, no different from Venezuela's chusmera.
AFAIK, there had not been a Jewish-backed military coup in Spain, or indeed elsewhere in Europe, in the years leading up to Franco's ascension to power

Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
The fact that so many naive ingenuous young people believe that someone like the former dictator Chavez, now dead, is a kind of saint , is due to the fact that they were born after the Cold War : they have read in their history books of the Berlin war, of the Soviet Union, of the sinister Communist dictatorships (akin to Chavez and Castro)in Eastern Europe, but didn't live it firsthand.They don't even know, for the most part, who Solzhénitsyn was. This -and the global crisis -explain the comeuppance of radical Marxist ideas that most of us thought had disappeared in the ruins of the Berlin Wall...

Old 03-07-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Guitar View Post
Indeed! poverty and imperialism have been the two main struggles in Venezuela, and in Latin America for that matter, since our emancipation from the Spanish crown. However, Chavez did not make any progress in addressing any of these issues. To the contrary, he has deepened an issue that seems to have no end. Additionally, he endorsed and added an issue that prior to his ascencion to power was not as endemic as it is currently and those are the crime and violence levels. As you may know, the murder index was higher in Venezuela than that of Iraq during 2009 and it seems to increase each year.

Expanding on the poverty issue, prior to the 1990's we had a semi robust middle class. Not the oligarchy that he always despised, but the one that made the "effort" to attend college and either get good jobs, create small businesses, or set up their own practises. This class of people was completely obliterated or voluntarely put into exile. Therefore, the social class that compose the Venezuelan population is by default the old poor (the same marginalized population that has always been) and the new poor (the ones that have suffered the economic and political policies of Chavez).

If you allow me to digress, I would like to say that I had the opportunity to be born and raised in a country, that despite our problems, we managed to at the very least get by. I lived in a nation that had no divide, but even if it did; it did not reach the levels of collective counciousness that we currently have. Chavez's rethoric created that divide of class and to certain extent race among us. So I hope, that as tragic as his death may be, this may open a new opportunity to run the country in a true Democratic fashion.
Sorry but while there are many lines of legitimate criticism to be pursued against Chavez, you just come across as a spoiled and embittered member of a formerly pampered class. 'Made the "effort" to attend college', indeed - this sort of thing is the eternal mantra of those desperate to believe that poverty exists merely for want of a bit of effort on the part of the poor. You come across as incredibly blinkered and self-serving.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:35 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,288,205 times
Quote:
Very true...He refused American Imperialism, but then turned around and accepted the Russian and Chinese Imperialism in exchange for debt and military assitance. Therefore, the play was the same; all he did was to change the characters. By the way, corruption is rampant right about now so nothing new under the sun.

Has that changed? Cause' last time I checked, we were still really f'inkg poor.

Americans only? I find it amuzing that a lot of Europenas fall in that blame game of Americans these and that, but actually Spain has had a big finger stuck in the middle of all this. Yet I see no one even making a reference about it. All I hear is that Americans this and that.....not that is not true, but they are not the only ones involved in the cluster f*u*c*k*

i dont have access to spanish media and cant speak spanish so i will have to take your word for it but chavez was regulary refered to as a dictator by fox news etc despite failing this criteria according to the dictionary definition of the word dictator , funny how ive never heard fox news refer to the ruling prince of saudi arabia as a dictator , you would think those pics of bush holding the princes hand would have been an opportune moment

spain is not a world power so its demonisation of chavez was much less relevant

Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
The fact that so many naive ingenuous young people believe that someone like the former dictator Chavez, now dead, is a kind of saint , is due to the fact that they were born after the Cold War : they have read in their history books of the Berlin war, of the Soviet Union, of the sinister Communist dictatorships (akin to Chavez and Castro)in Eastern Europe, but didn't live it firsthand.They don't even know, for the most part, who Solzhénitsyn was. This -and the global crisis -explain the comeuppance of radical Marxist ideas that most of us thought had disappeared in the ruins of the Berlin Wall...
I don't think anyone has said he is a saint. Those who have defended him have been at pains to acknowledge his failings of policy and personality, and his authoritarian tendency. It is, without wanting to be too unkind, dinosaurs like yourself who bring down the quality of the discussion by baselessly referring to Chavez as a 'dictator', when his election victories were endorsed by the international community. It seems a bit counter-productive to undermine your credibility by repeating childish lies, when there are plenty of legitimate lines of criticism that you could pursue.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:37 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,288,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
What a phoney you are. Like you Irish didn't bad mouth the US continuously under Bush, and make it your business our elected leader. Shove it.

I'm left of center, and while I agree with his stance on the poor, he was a sworn enemy of the US. I'd like to see what stand you would take to a sworn enemy of your dear old Ireland. You like how he hobnobbed with the Iranian dictator, and Assad? He would have been overjoyed if Iran detonated a nuclear weapon in the US. I guess you would still be on here singing his praises after such a thing.

I love how you Euro's roll over for anyone as long as they bad mouth the US. My brother worked in Ireland for three years and had to listen to all the crap the Irish slung at him about Americans.

sounds like a student of the bill o reilly school of debate and journalism , you,ve also ended up sounding like o reilly , a jack ass

i wont dignify the contents of your turgid post with a straight reply

Old 03-07-2013, 07:26 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
Quote:
Well my sister, a teacher at a public school for 25 years in the city of Valencia, was asked to choose between job stability or unemployment. Since she holds what most Americans would refer as a Gov't job, it was easy to track her voting records. Things are not so secret and sacred anymore specially in Venezuela. So with that said, if you apply coercion to the voting process in Venezuela then it wouldn't or shouldn't be a surprise that Chavez won the elections. Needless to say, Government is the single and largets employer in the country....so what gives?
Yeah, that is the issue. This is a trick used also in the old soviet black countries as well - the government of Venezuala (Chavez) knows how you vote! Well obviously the result is 1.) you are going to have high voter turnout, and 2.) you are going to have people vote for the party in power. So you have Jimmy Carter observing the elections, with state of the art machines, swearing they are fair. The government can claim free elections, with even an oposition party. But, yeah, what happens when the government knows how you vote? It's voter intimidation at the worst level. That is not what I call a free country.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Yeah, that is the issue. This is a trick used also in the old soviet black countries as well - the government of Venezuala (Chavez) knows how you vote! Well obviously the result is 1.) you are going to have high voter turnout, and 2.) you are going to have people vote for the party in power. So you have Jimmy Carter observing the elections, with state of the art machines, swearing they are fair. The government can claim free elections, with even an oposition party. But, yeah, what happens when the government knows how you vote? It's voter intimidation at the worst level. That is not what I call a free country.
Perhaps - do you have any evidence of it though?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World