U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 10:48 PM

6,554 posts, read 4,725,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yes, but this is just the proposal if the law should be changed. Now the lawmaking only begins, nothing has been decided yet. And the State lawyers must handle the matters in the order they are handed to them, and they have a lot in the queue (we're in the middle of a total national welfare and healthcare renovation), not forgetting the debt crisis (national debt second highest since 1944).

And now the Parliament goes on holiday, return sometimes in January, then the election campaign begins, we get a new government after tough negotiation, oh, then it's summer, and so on... It will be autumn 2015 before anyone is even there to press any button.
Kind of the opposite here. The lawmaking has been done but the bill is lying in the legislature, god knows when it's gonna be passed .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 11:36 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,843,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
I'm pretty sure in Kenya, or some other uncivilized African culture, you can get the death penalty for being gay! How can someone be persecuted for something their born with?!
Kenya's actually one of the more "civilized," progressive, educated, and stable African nations... and most Kenyans I've met are pretty agreeable, live-and-let-live sorts. Even if they don't agree with or understand homosexuality, they aren't virulently opposed to it or hateful about it.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:39 AM

6,294 posts, read 6,151,951 times
In China, most people do not care too much about sexual orientation, but they won't allow their own children to be gay. How do you interpret that? 😝

Old 12-17-2014, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
In China, most people do not care too much about sexual orientation, but they won't allow their own children to be gay. How do you interpret that? 😝
Homophobia.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:53 AM

2,175 posts, read 1,414,494 times
bulgaria is bad but not as bad:

Sofia Pride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i think homosexuality is legal and according to the constitution: "all people are equal regardless of gender, race, religion or class" - which doesn't include orientation it seems...but you get the idea.

However yes...marriage/gay is NOT legal yet.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Btw parents can't allow their own children to be gay. If their kids are gay, they will always be gay, no matter the parents like it or not.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Btw parents can't allow their own children to be gay. If their kids are gay, they will always be gay, no matter the parents like it or not.
They don't necessarily hate gays, so it is not homophobia.
Being gay is more difficult than being straight, so most parents should hope their children are straight, naturally.
"Allow", you know what I mean. Also, those who are attracted to the same sex do not necessarily have homosexual behaviors. They could have heterosexual behaviors instead.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
They don't necessarily hate gays, so it is not homophobia.
Being gay is more difficult than being straight, so most parents should hope their children are straight, naturally.
"Allow", you know what I mean. Also, those who are attracted to the same sex do not necessarily have homosexual behaviors. They could have heterosexual behaviors instead.
Homophobia is not just about hating gays, and I think not being yourself is much much more difficult than being gay.
Yes I know that some gays/lesbians would end up being married to women/men because of pressure from family, it ends up hurting three people: the groom, the bride, and the gay/lesbian lover. And it doesn't only happen in Asia.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Homophobia is not just about hating gays, and I think not being yourself is much much more difficult than being gay.
Yes I know that some gays/lesbians would end up being married to women/men because of pressure from family, it ends up hurting three people: the groom, the bride, and the gay/lesbian lover. And it doesn't only happen in Asia.
Believe me, many straight people don't marry the one he/she loves the most either. In ancient China, sometimes the groom saw the bride for the first time on their wedding day. It still works if both parties are decent. Happiness is always relative and constrained by culture. Western countries such as the US all suffer extremely high divorce rates.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Believe me, many straight people don't marry the one he/she loves the most either. Western countries such as the US all suffer extremely high divorce rates.
Well, yeah, but the amount of these marriages are getting smaller. Younger ones that live in cities don't do that anymore, AFAIK.

And I don't even think getting a divorce is that bad a thing. If the marriage doesn't work out, then end it. Being divorced is much better than being stuck in an angry or dishonest or even abusive marriage. That's just my way of thinking though, you can always disagree.

Btw it's not like Chinese couples don't get divorced at all. The divorce/marriage ratio in China is 22, it's significantly lower than Western Europe, but not the lowest by any means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or